Elizabethton Track

LikeNoOther1

Individuals go, and then they make up their team (by who qualifies).

The East 1600 will be one massive fast race. With Bryson Harper (Sequatchie County) the returning favorite; David Clabo (G-P), our state xc champ; Bo Owens (G-P), placed 5th last year; and Matt Coniglio (Chattanooga Christian), 4th at state xc... the one with no speed (yes I diss myself).

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Feb 17 2007 - 08:57 PM) 826376871[/snapback]Individuals go, and then they make up their team (by who qualifies).

The East 1600 will be one massive fast race. With Bryson Harper (Sequatchie County) the returning favorite; David Clabo (G-P), our state xc champ; Bo Owens (G-P), placed 5th last year; and Matt Coniglio (Chattanooga Christian), 4th at state xc... the one with no speed (yes I diss myself).

yeah sorry i didn't make myself clearer speed demon. i meant individuals that will make it out of each section. yeah bryson is pretty tough, didn't he have a 4:32 last year or something in that neighborhood? i expect ryan johnson from david lipscomb to be back in the mile this year, i think Jackson Bliton has a shot, he ran a 4:40 at sectionals, and the rest are pretty much a toss up, depends on how hard people have worked this offseason. Will Cowan and Alexander McKeen grabbed the 7 and 8 spots at sectionals last year both running 4:50's. The 1,2,and 3 runners from this section all graduated so that kindof left the door wide open.

ahh coniglio don't dog yourself, i know you've been working hard this offseason to nab a spot in atleast the 3200 or the 1600. i almost didn't enjoy watching state last year because of the fact on how bad i wanted to be there participating in it lol.

Here are the returners for the 3200 from last year's middle section.

1. Damon Varble, DL, 9:58

2. Ryan Johnson, DL, 9:58

3. Brandon Mahaney, MC, 10:13

4. Jonathan Madden, Page, 10:18

I would love to grab a spot in this race.

As for the other section, i don't have a clue into what they have...

Guest SpeedDemon21

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Feb 17 2007 - 09:57 PM) 826376871[/snapback]Individuals go, and then they make up their team (by who qualifies).

ok smartass i didnt know if he said who do i think will make it from which teams or wat and another thing i dont think i was replying u waz i

QUOTE(mahaney @ Feb 19 2007 - 07:07 PM) 826379713[/snapback]hey man, i don't think conig intentionally meant to get smart with you. i think he just wanted you to know the standards. thats not conig's nature. it was my fault for not being more clear.

i agree. regardless of which individuals or teams qualify and/or win at state, let's not forget about maintaining sportsmanship and integrity. let's leave the trash talking for lap 7 in the 3200.

best of luck to everyone and every team this season.

QUOTE(gphstrack @ Feb 19 2007 - 07:31 PM) 826379842[/snapback]i agree. regardless of which individuals or teams qualify and/or win at state, let's not forget about maintaining sportsmanship and integrity. let's leave the trash talking for lap 7 in the 3200.

best of luck to everyone and every team this season.

i definatly agree with you. i want to win state but i want to be as friendly as possible afterwards to. i wouldn't ever shrug anyone off. you always have to remember where you came from. was josh jaynes friendly? i always remember clay hannah always giving me the impression that he was very modest and friendly.

does anyone know what the west (or what ever that section is called) section has to offer?

who is coming back?

QUOTE(mahaney @ Feb 19 2007 - 09:09 PM) 826379898[/snapback];) i definatly agree with you. i want to win state but i want to be as friendly as possible afterwards to. i wouldn't ever shrug anyone off. you always have to remember where you came from. was josh jaynes friendly? i always remember clay hannah always giving me the impression that he was very modest and friendly.

does anyone know what the west (or what ever that section is called) section has to offer?

who is coming back?

the west is usually pretty weak...i've been coaching for 4years and i don't remember anyone from the west being under 10:00, if not 10:30. actually, the west makes me want to push for qualifying standards for the state meet. it is a shame that strong runners from the east and middle have to stay home because west runners virtually have a shoe-in. if you look at the results from the past few years, the west teams are usually WAY under qualified for the state meet. but, you have to share the love.

QUOTE(gphstrack @ Feb 19 2007 - 08:22 PM) 826379926[/snapback]the west is usually pretty weak...i've been coaching for 4years and i don't remember anyone from the west being under 10:00, if not 10:30. actually, the west makes me want to push for qualifying standards for the state meet. it is a shame that strong runners from the east and middle have to stay home because west runners virtually have a shoe-in. if you look at the results from the past few years, the west teams are usually WAY under qualified for the state meet. but, you have to share the love.

yes i remember last year, when i saw the perfomance list for the a/aa 3200 meter race, when i saw the 2 runners who qualified from the west with a 10:46 (

QUOTE(mahaney @ Feb 18 2007 - 10:02 AM) 826377238[/snapback]yeah sorry i didn't make myself clearer speed demon. i meant individuals that will make it out of each section. yeah bryson is pretty tough, didn't he have a 4:32 last year or something in that neighborhood? i expect ryan johnson from david lipscomb to be back in the mile this year, i think Jackson Bliton has a shot, he ran a 4:40 at sectionals, and the rest are pretty much a toss up, depends on how hard people have worked this offseason. Will Cowan and Alexander McKeen grabbed the 7 and 8 spots at sectionals last year both running 4:50's. The 1,2,and 3 runners from this section all graduated so that kindof left the door wide open.

ahh coniglio don't dog yourself, i know you've been working hard this offseason to nab a spot in atleast the 3200 or the 1600. i almost didn't enjoy watching state last year because of the fact on how bad i wanted to be there participating in it lol.

Here are the returners for the 3200 from last year's middle section.

1. Damon Varble, DL, 9:58

2. Ryan Johnson, DL, 9:58

3. Brandon Mahaney, MC, 10:13

4. Jonathan Madden, Page, 10:18

I would love to grab a spot in this race.

As for the other section, i don't have a clue into what they have...

don't forget about varble in the mile. he ran some quick times his freshman year and hasn't really run the mile since then but if his coach lets him he can go just as fast as johnson in the 16. also if patterson decided to double in the 16 and the 8 he could pull it off. he has the speed to win both at state, it obviously wouldn't be easy but he should have the 800 pretty much under control and with a little training could take the 16 as well

QUOTE(mahaney @ Feb 19 2007 - 09:52 PM) 826380155[/snapback]yes i remember last year, when i saw the perfomance list for the a/aa 3200 meter race, when i saw the 2 runners who qualified from the west with a 10:46 (

8th in the middle was 1019 so you could probably go a lot further back than 8th and find times better than the west

QUOTE(thecrippler2222 @ Feb 23 2007 - 12:17 PM) 826385947[/snapback]also if patterson decided to double in the 16 and the 8 he could pull it off. he has the speed to win both at state, it obviously wouldn't be easy but he should have the 800 pretty much under control and with a little training could take the 16 as well

Patterson is going for the double. He wanted to be on the 4x800 to try and beat DL, but he and his coaches agreed that even with him they had about a 1% chance of beating them. And also FRA can still probably qualify a 4x800 team for state without him, so it should be more points for the team.

How does everyone feel the distance events will go at state:

4x800