• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Feb 26 2007 - 05:28 AM) 826389613[/snapback]3200- Clabo

1600- Harper or Johnson

800- Patterson

4x8- David Lipscomb

Agreed except for Patterson in the 1600 as well. Like I said in my last post he can easily double if he trains for it. Other than that I pretty much agree with this post, mahaney has they best shot at upsetting Clabo obviously but it is still pretty unlikely (its pretty weird cuz mahaney is only the number 4 or 5 returner in the middle section and is way behind the dl boys but based on his xc season he has a shot at winning the middle). Lipscomb's 4x8 should be untouchable, I don't see how any other team could possibly get within 10-15 seconds of them if not more. They have a shot at going sub8 if Johson and Varble don't run the mile but I'm guessing at least one of those guys will run the mile and they will both go to state in the 32

It's really weird actually discussing the 800 winner for the first time in a few years instead of arguing who's gonna get to finish 6 seconds behind GJ for second

I think 3200 is clabo's race, barring some freak accident.

1600 is pretty open, my money is on a hard fight from harper, johnson, clabo, and gideon wilson from catholic. (trust me, he had a fantastic cc season and an impressive showing at AAU southeastern this past weekend. he's going to make some noise.)

800: no particular favorite, but i'll go with the guy that doesn't run the 3200. let's face it, not too many people can run three miles and still have a good 800 in them.

4x800: DL. hands down. i could probably throw together a team that could compete, but who is going to sit out the 3200 and risk the 1600 for a 4x800? throwing all your eggs in one basket is just bad coaching in my opinion. i'm not going to waste david clabo and bo owens on a 4x800 when i could get way more points by spreading them out among the distance events.

QUOTE(gphstrack @ Feb 26 2007 - 06:26 PM) 826390459[/snapback]I think 3200 is clabo's race, barring some freak accident.

1600 is pretty open, my money is on a hard fight from harper, johnson, clabo, and gideon wilson from catholic. (trust me, he had a fantastic cc season and an impressive showing at AAU southeastern this past weekend. he's going to make some noise.)

800: no particular favorite, but i'll go with the guy that doesn't run the 3200. let's face it, not too many people can run three miles and still have a good 800 in them.

4x800: DL. hands down. i could probably throw together a team that could compete, but who is going to sit out the 3200 and risk the 1600 for a 4x800? throwing all your eggs in one basket is just bad coaching in my opinion. i'm not going to waste david clabo and bo owens on a 4x800 when i could get way more points by spreading them out among the distance events.

I agree with Patterson being good in the mile. I remember G.J. running it at the Buster Relay's and he wasn't bad at all. He could've ran faster if trained better, but i mean geez he was an animal at the 8.

I don't see anybody competing against DL's 4x8 team either. They've pretty much locked it up.

I hope the 32 isn't a blowout. It'd be nice if it comes down to something. Hopefully Clabo doesn't run away with it.

Just make sure you guys don't forget about Jackson Bliton. He is coming back this year as the 2nd fastest miler with a 4:40. And due to not qualifying for state, i'm sure he's salivating at the mouth for redemption or something.

I'll actually let you guys in some performances soon. We have the Buster Relay's in late March early April, something like that. FRA is there, MC is there, DL, MLK, Page, Hume Fogg. it's a great race. We do the 3200 on Friday, and the next day we'll do a distance medley. There's not just a 1600 this year. it's just an all freshman race.

I dont remember seeing jaynes at state, but i probably didn't look hard. i did see rodewald though.

QUOTE(mahaney @ Feb 26 2007 - 08:04 PM) 826390506[/snapback]I hope the 32 isn't a blowout. It'd be nice if it comes down to something. Hopefully Clabo doesn't run away with it.

I guess that's our job right? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Feb 26 2007 - 08:37 PM) 826390762[/snapback]I guess that's our job right? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

lol you do make a point. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> whether we can or not is the question. isn't he an anchor leg for his 4x4 team or something? i've heard that somewhere.

QUOTE(mahaney @ Feb 26 2007 - 09:46 PM) 826390795[/snapback]lol you do make a point. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> whether we can or not is the question. isn't he an anchor leg for his 4x4 team or something? i've heard that somewhere.

clabo views the 4x4 as his cool down. we typically haven't had the numbers to assemble a solid 4x4 team, we just reached a 4:50 last year. this year is looking more promising. i can tell you one thing, however. seymour's 4x4 team is definitely flying under the radar. i wouldn't be surprised if they made an appearance at state. ryan williamson is the real deal...he's had a great indoor season in the multi's and they almost qualified last year with everyone back. williamson is hands down my pick for decathlon title(runner-up last year with weak 110h and vault performances)

overall, i think the east is the section to watch. i'm tired of the middle and west sections dominating us at state. best of luck to all my playas in the east.

The Busters are April 13 and 14th this year. And yes we are running the 3200 on Friday at 3:30. We've changed the format quite a bit this year and hope to have an exciting and fun event. So far there are 16 teams in. There may be a few more to join. The teams are mostly middle tn A/AA schools. If there are any other schools that are interested, contact me at

stephen.dorris@mnps.org

below is a schedule of events. notice there are several events for JV (fresh and soph) and a freshman 1600m.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday:

3:30 3200m (Girls/Boys)

4:15 Discus (Girls/Boys)

4:15 Pole Vault (Girls and Boys together)

4:15 High Jump (Girls)

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Saturday:

9:00 Shot (Boys/Girls)

High Jump (Boys)

Long Jump (Girls and Boys together, two pits)

10:00 Distance Medley Relay

11:00 High Hurdles

12:00 4x100- JV Girls, JV Boys, Varsity Girls, Varsity Boys

12:30 1600m Freshmen only

1:00 4x200- JV Girls, JV Boys, Varsity Girls, Varsity Boys

1:40 Sprint Medley Relay

2:00 800m

2:25 4x400- JV Girls, JV Boys, Varsity Girls, Varsity Boys

3:00 Presentation of Awards

Times are best estimates and the meet may run ahead of this schedule.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(LikeNoOther1 @ Feb 15 2007 - 11:36 PM) 826373919[/snapback]How do you all look at it? There ain't no body in this area that can touch them. They got a tight nit group of some good atheletes. They're gonna go state. Coach Presnell's got them workin hard and are gonna win. Aint no way they are going to lose anything in the conference. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Let me see if I got this correct..."Aint no way they are going to lose anything in the conference." So...all of the other schools

in our conference are going to lose every event at conference. Interesting.

Thanks,

Coach B.

QUOTE(Coach B. @ Mar 12 2007 - 01:39 PM) 826409214[/snapback]Let me see if I got this correct..."Aint no way they are going to lose anything in the conference." So...all of the other schools

in our conference are going to lose every event at conference. Interesting.

Thanks,

Coach B.

well you looked who is in our conference and tell me who can beat us at anything besides pole vault cause we dont do it lol

QUOTE(etowntrack21 @ Mar 12 2007 - 02:34 PM) 826409281[/snapback]well you looked who is in our conference and tell me who can beat us at anything besides pole vault cause we dont do it lol

No respect.

Good wishes for the Cyclone team and their coaching staff in the track and field season.

Coach B.

UCHS