Elizabethton Track

LikeNoOther1

QUOTE(etowntrack21 @ Mar 18 2007 - 12:48 PM) 826416191[/snapback]o we will make it to state and beat us at regionals and sectionals good luck ok and i dont know who was talking crap bout 14 15 year old leauge shutting down but that is sad but we are confident thaqt we will win regionals and sectionals cause weve been working our ###### off since football season ended and i dont see nothing wrong with that so good luck to you all

well, if you guys run half as well as your English department teaches, I'm sure you will win regionals, sectionals, and state. you may even may some noise on dyestat.

may the best team win.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(gphstrack @ Mar 18 2007 - 04:14 PM) 826416534[/snapback]well, if you guys run half as well as your English department teaches, I'm sure you will win regionals, sectionals, and state. you may even may some noise on dyestat.

may the best team win.

well im sure gphs has some good quility teaching too and what place did you finish last year in regionals and i dont even remember youall being any competion and did gphs even have anyone in sectionals

QUOTE(etowntrack21 @ Mar 18 2007 - 06:43 PM) 826416566[/snapback]well im sure gphs has some good quility teaching too and what place did you finish last year in regionals and i dont even remember youall being any competion and did gphs even have anyone in sectionals

we finished 4th at regionals and 6th at sectionals, with just three athletes competing. our team is huge this year. last year at state, we had a runner-up in the 3200, edged out by your own josh jaynes at the finish line. no disrespect, i just can't see you guys dominating without jj to score 40 points for you.

best of luck.

QUOTE(gphstrack @ Mar 18 2007 - 05:32 PM) 826416606[/snapback]we finished 4th at regionals and 6th at sectionals, with just three athletes competing. our team is huge this year. last year at state, we had a runner-up in the 3200, edged out by your own josh jaynes at the finish line. no disrespect, i just can't see you guys dominating without jj to score 40 points for you.

best of luck.

we beat u all by 87 at regionals and im not saying you all will be bad i just think we will come on top at regionals cause we have more sprinters that can scoot and we have 65 people that could go to regionals and its not how many people you have it where you finish and i think that noone can keep up with our speed but good luck

QUOTE(crazzyness @ Mar 16 2007 - 03:19 PM) 826414314[/snapback]Nobody cares about Elizabethton track. Ecerybody hates you guys. Elizabethton track is more feminine than two gay guys fighting over a tube of lip gloss.

post of the year

im willing to bet the winner of the a/aa state championship will not come from the east or the middle.

QUOTE(SatchUmp @ Mar 20 2007 - 10:18 AM) 826418415[/snapback]Cyclone runners,

Let us know how things go later today at the meet at Sullivan South. Should be a pretty good meet in some events with South, Central, Volunteer, and Elizabethton there. I am particularly interested in the sprints (100m, 200m, 4x100m and the 110M Hurdles).

100m 1st=curt phillips(sshs) 11 2nd justin fuqua(ehs) 11.2 3rd(derek carr 11.29(ehs) 4th jake peters(ehs)11.3

110 hurdels 1st justin fuqua(ehs)14.7

4x100 1st EHS 44.7 with derek carr triping out of blocks 2nd SS 44.8

400 meter 1st Derek Carr 52.4 BEST RACE OF THE NIGHT CAME DOWN TO WHO WANTED IT MORE 2nd SS runner 54

Both teams (EHS AND SS) are really strong and is deep in the spinters both should do pretty good through the year.EHS hasnt even put justin fuqua on any relays yet and last year when they did they ran in the 43s.GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAMS

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Mar 20 2007 - 08:52 PM) 826418949[/snapback]and what about the good races?

idk ill post them later but that 10.64 you ran in china i would have too see that i mean if you want to meet some where and show me ill be willing too ok im not saying you didnt im just saying dang i think they shoud having you running that cause you would be all american

QUOTE(etowntrack21 @ Mar 20 2007 - 08:11 PM) 826418803[/snapback]100m 1st=curt phillips(sshs) 11 2nd justin fuqua(ehs) 11.2 3rd(derek carr 11.29(ehs) 4th jake peters(ehs)11.3

110 hurdels 1st justin fuqua(ehs)14.7

4x100 1st EHS 44.7 with derek carr triping out of blocks 2nd SS 44.8

400 meter 1st Derek Carr 52.4 BEST RACE OF THE NIGHT CAME DOWN TO WHO WANTED IT MORE 2nd SS runner 54

Both teams (EHS AND SS) are really strong and is deep in the spinters both should do pretty good through the year.EHS hasnt even put justin fuqua on any relays yet and last year when they did they ran in the 43s.GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAMS

I was able to be there. I sat right on the finish line. The sprints were close and pretty good hand times as well. Elizabethton is strong for sure. EHS seem deep also, as you said. Fuqua ran a very smooth 110H race. Dykes from Volunteer is a good hurdler as well, but seem to me that he stays in the air too long over the hurdles. Good athlete. McCann from South ran a good race and certainly can get it into the 15's. Sullivan South does have another hurdler who can get down to the low 15 sec mark, but he's a freshman and struggling a bit right now with stamina from all the jumping events before the hurdles.

Question - Did they award EHS the win in the 4x100 Relay, because I sat right on the line and Crowe from Sullivan South clearly pulled ahead at the line. Honestly, clearly. The coaches doing the timing and the EHS parents at the line were even saying South pulled ahead. Either way, the 4x100 race for both EHS and SSHS could have been a great deal faster. All of South's handoffs were really bad, really slow. They could shave a huge amount off the time as well. Sounds like a good start in the blocks and EHS would be a good bit faster as well.

Once Sullivan South's Curt Phillips learns how to use blocks, staying low and busting out of them, he will for sure be sub-11 sec.s in the 100M. It was dang impressive to see a 6'3" 220lb quarterback run Fugua down and win with a 11 second 100M. Wow!

It seems to me that the Elizabethton boys team is very strong in distance and sprints. If you guys can develop some jumpers you could be even tougher. I know the high jump area at South leaves a lot to be desired, but it looked like you guys are behind on HJ and LJ. TJ was washed out due to a TJ pit that doesn't drain properly. The young man with the long hair from Sullivan Central was in a class by himself on HJ. He certainly will jump well over 6' on a good surface. It is good to see South's track greatly improved, especially the new surface on the running, LJ, TJ, and pole vault areas. But seems, noone gave any thought to high jump. You can't HJ off asphalt, uphill, with not enough approach area. Hmmm.? I did not see any of the throws. I'm sure the Betsy boys are after a A/AA state title, so work on those jumps. That's just my humble opinion.

Nice meet guys.

QUOTE(SatchUmp @ Mar 21 2007 - 10:46 AM) 826419432[/snapback]I was able to be there. I sat right on the finish line. The sprints were close and pretty good hand times as well. Elizabethton is strong for sure. EHS seem deep also, as you said. Fuqua ran a very smooth 110H race. Dykes from Volunteer is a good hurdler as well, but seem to me that he stays in the air too long over the hurdles. Good athlete. McCann from South ran a good race and certainly can get it into the 15's. Sullivan South does have another hurdler who can get down to the low 15 sec mark, but he's a freshman and struggling a bit right now with stamina from all the jumping events before the hurdles.

Question - Did they award EHS the win in the 4x100 Relay, because I sat right on the line and Crowe from Sullivan South clearly pulled ahead at the line. Honestly, clearly. The coaches doing the timing and the EHS parents at the line were even saying South pulled ahead. Either way, the 4x100 race for both EHS and SSHS could have been a great deal faster. All of South's handoffs were really bad, really slow. They could shave a huge amount off the time as well. Sounds like a good start in the blocks and EHS would be a good bit faster as well.

Once Sullivan South's Curt Phillips learns how to use blocks, staying low and busting out of them, he will for sure be sub-11 sec.s in the 100M. It was dang impressive to see a 6'3" 220lb quarterback run Fugua down and win with a 11 second 100M. Wow!

It seems to me that the Elizabethton boys team is very strong in distance and sprints. If you guys can develop some jumpers you could be even tougher. I know the high jump area at South leaves a lot to be desired, but it looked like you guys are behind on HJ and LJ. TJ was washed out due to a TJ pit that doesn't drain properly. The young man with the long hair from Sullivan Central was in a class by himself on HJ. He certainly will jump well over 6' on a good surface. It is good to see South's track greatly improved, especially the new surface on the running, LJ, TJ, and pole vault areas. But seems, noone gave any thought to high jump. You can't HJ off asphalt, uphill, with not enough approach area. Hmmm.? I did not see any of the throws. I'm sure the Betsy boys are after a A/AA state title, so work on those jumps. That's just my humble opinion.

Nice meet guys.

From what I have heard Happy Valley has added a good sprinter and jumper , could be interesting.

QUOTE(etowntrack21 @ Mar 20 2007 - 10:57 PM) 826418959[/snapback]idk ill post them later but that 10.64 you ran in china i would have too see that i mean if you want to meet some where and show me ill be willing too ok im not saying you didnt im just saying dang i think they shoud having you running that cause you would be all american

It was a major joke.