Peter Forsburg

dandy82

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We played well for one period last nite, then we took the balance of the nite off.... Losing Erat...looked bad....

We need to come out tonite with a different team attitude and force our style of play...last nite at the GEC, we played our style the 1st, but allowed detriot to set the tempo defensively as we fell into thier traps all nite.... What Detroit was doing was allowing the cross ice pass, making it appear to be open, then collapsing from the center line and their defensive blue line and trapping us...We never countered it with the quick pass to the middle.... We just kept fallin in....

QUOTE(Gerry Bertier @ Feb 19 2007 - 02:12 AM) 826378809[/snapback]This trade will not pay dividends like everyone thinks it will. Nashville will end up as a 4 or 5 seed once it is said an done. Detroit is playing well, and I think we peaked too soon. This trade will hurt us in years to come and the Flyers are already reaping the benefits.

This statement looks more true everytime I read it. Forsburg out during a crucial home and away. Who would of thunk it? Number 4 seed here we come as the final stretch favors the Red Wings.

I've been following the Wings since I've could remember, and the one thing that holds true every year is our ability to perform down the stretch. Even with guys hurt, we always get hot the last month of the season . We always have guys step up and perform at the right times. With Zetterberg, Markov, and Cleary out, guys like Hudler and Filppula have stepped into their roles and have really been playing at a higher level the past few weeks.

QUOTE(CHS 2007 @ Mar 15 2007 - 11:01 AM) 826412840[/snapback]I've been following the Wings since I've could remember, and the one thing that holds true every year is our ability to perform down the stretch. Even with guys hurt, we always get hot the last month of the season . We always have guys step up and perform at the right times. With Zetterberg, Markov, and Cleary out, guys like Hudler and Filppula have stepped into their roles and have really been playing at a higher level the past few weeks.

I thought Detroit thouroughly outplayed us....and I attribute that to the experience factor. Both teams had players out but Detroit played with more poise.... The one thing I noticed defensively was Detroit allowed the Preds to take the puck up the right side...giving the supposedly open pass across ice...as soon as the pass was completed, detroit collapsed from the defensive blue line and the red line, using the boards as the 3rd defenseman.... all we could do is dump the puck in....We never adjusted by passing the puck to the middle of the ice and I don't know if that is coaching or players.... Also, defensively, the preds were terrible, always giving up the pass to the center of the ice giving Detroit too many offensive options.

The only problem I have with the Preds is defensively.... We have a wealth of young talent...maybe the best young talent in hockey.... But our defensive style makes it too easy for the opposing team to enter our zone, especially when we are penalty killing....That is why we are normally outshot each game. We will see if the Preds learned anything from these games...I hope they did, because in the playoffs, it is more physical which makes it more difficult to play our style of defense.