Peter Forsburg

dandy82

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forsburg has been hurt by foot injury for a while. I wonder if this might be a bust if he stays hurt. It is definitely mortgaging the future for now. Forsburg will only stay with the Predators through this year. They gave up way too much to get him for this short future

I didn't know David Poile had changed his name to Floyd Reese.

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Feb 16 2007 - 12:58 AM) 826374053[/snapback]

Forsburg has been hurt by foot injury for a while. I wonder if this might be a bust if he stays hurt. It is definitely mortgaging the future for now. Forsburg will only stay with the Predators through this year. They gave up way too much to get him for this short future

I didn't know David Poile had changed his name to Floyd Reese.

I think it is a good move only because I can name you maybe 15 NHL players, and he is one of them. When I got online this morning and saw that they had traded for him, my eyes got big. This is a guy a casual sports fan has heard of and will go out and see. Plus, it proves they are committed to winning now.

It was a lot, but as a casual fan, I say it is worth it.

I don't think the Preds gave up much, at least anything that would make them weaker now or the foreseeable future. Upshall was ball lost in tall grass and couldn't crack the lineup. When he went back down to the Admirals, he didn't do much there either. Parent is going to be a stud, but you've got three or more just like him already. What is a first and third choice if you're picking 30th or so anyway? It's not like any first rounder that deep is going to crack the lineup in four or five years anyway.

Getting Forsberg is like the Titan's getting LaDanian Tomlinson.

My only concern is picking them to go all the way- they haven't even won a playoff series yet in their brief history.

If this doesn't get the Nashville Corporate Crowd excited, there are no more acquisitions that Poile and Leopold can do. Maybe adding some St. Louis Blues players

This is a once in a lifetime type of squad. I say put him with Radulov and see what happens.

We got Peter Forsburg because we has the flexibility to put a deal together with the stable of young talent we have....Detroit couldn't put a deal together, neither could anyone else....

Upshall was not improving because he was: #1 injured and #2 getting no playing time....If he stays healthy, he could prosper on a team attempting to re build. Ryan parent was one of a long line of D men we had....Our defensive corps is young, so no great loss. Draft picks..... We certainly need to draft wisely, but we have no apparant immediate needs...

This was a good trade, Foppy seems to have come to grips with his foot concern and he is a proven winner...2 Cups...We are gonna roll 3 lines at teams with 20 goal scorers on all of 'em....And our grind line will probably pick up Nichol at center, and he is playing his best hockey.

I would not be surprised if Foppy stayed with us another year.... Especially if we make a great playoff run or (pinch me) win a CUP. Stanley Cup titles by your name make you legendary...And Foppy has probably good years left.....So, if the money is close, he could stay.... Don't forget the cost of living angle AND the no income tax in Tennessee... Would you rather make 4 mil in Tennessee or 5 mil in NY????? Plus, titles make you way more money AFTER you leave the game.

Listen to the NHL sporting media, they were as split as I was. The trade was too much for this season only or the possibly of winning the cup. If it will put people in the seats long term, it will be worth it. If the corporate community still doesn’t get into the action, the gamble from the Predators will be short lived as well as the franchise in Nashville.

One thing you can say about the Nashville fans, they have the highest fan interest of any NHL club, just no corporate interest.

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Feb 17 2007 - 01:15 PM) 826376262[/snapback]

Listen to the NHL sporting media, they were as split as I was. The trade was too much for this season only or the possibly of winning the cup. If it will put people in the seats long term, it will be worth it. If the corporate community still doesn’t get into the action, the gamble from the Predators will be short lived as well as the franchise in Nashville.

One thing you can say about the Nashville fans, they have the highest fan interest of any NHL club, just no corporate interest.

I'm just glad to see Poile grabbing himself by the privates and being gutsy enough to go for the Cup. I haven't seen or heard anyone who says that this was a bad trade...as a matter of fact everyone is saying that Philly got a raw deal. I guess only time will tell that. As far as losing Upshall ...not that great of a loss. Even when he went to the Admirals for conditioning and got plenty of playing time, the coaches there said he had a long way to go, even though he was reportedly completely healthy. Maybe all he needs is time...but if the Preds are looking for the cup then dumping Upshall was the best move they could make since it meant we got the absolute best all-around player in the league. As long as the rest of the team doesn't decide to become fans and spectators, this was a great trade.

When the Preds played San Jose rotating 7 defensemen they looked like a different squad...why they went back to 6 last night I can't figure. Everyone has failed to mention aquiring Vishnevski in all the Forsberg hoopla. Great aquisition that seemed to perk the defense up when they had to compete for ice time...why go back to 6? Fresh legs, more competition...sounds like a no-brainer to me but I'm not the coach. Vish the Viscious is already making himself right at home by getting under the other guys skin.

If this doesn't bring corporate support, nothing will and you can't blame Leipold for pulling out. But you have to think that if the Preds go deep into the playoffs then the sponsorships will be lined-up outside the GEC for miles. And if the aquisition of Peter the Great and Vish bring the cup to Nashville (I had to re-read that to make sure I was actually typing those words ) Bud will have to give up his crown to Poile as the shrewdest business man in Nashville.

QUOTE(Lions4ever @ Feb 17 2007 - 06:45 PM) 826376735[/snapback]

I'm just glad to see Poile grabbing himself by the privates and being gutsy enough to go for the Cup. I haven't seen or heard anyone who says that this was a bad trade...as a matter of fact everyone is saying that Philly got a raw deal. I guess only time will tell that. As far as losing Upshall ...not that great of a loss. Even when he went to the Admirals for conditioning and got plenty of playing time, the coaches there said he had a long way to go, even though he was reportedly completely healthy. Maybe all he needs is time...but if the Preds are looking for the cup then dumping Upshall was the best move they could make since it meant we got the absolute best all-around player in the league. As long as the rest of the team doesn't decide to become fans and spectators, this was a great trade.

When the Preds played San Jose rotating 7 defensemen they looked like a different squad...why they went back to 6 last night I can't figure. Everyone has failed to mention aquiring Vishnevski in all the Forsberg hoopla. Great aquisition that seemed to perk the defense up when they had to compete for ice time...why go back to 6? Fresh legs, more competition...sounds like a no-brainer to me but I'm not the coach. Vish the Viscious is already making himself right at home by getting under the other guys skin.

If this doesn't bring corporate support, nothing will and you can't blame Leipold for pulling out. But you have to think that if the Preds go deep into the playoffs then the sponsorships will be lined-up outside the GEC for miles. And if the aquisition of Peter the Great and Vish bring the cup to Nashville (I had to re-read that to make sure I was actually typing those words ) Bud will have to give up his crown to Poile as the shrewdest business man in Nashville.

My information on being split came from the XM Radio NHL channel. If you like to keep up with hocky from the inside view of hocky media, this channel is a must.

Not playing well right now... But as far as Forsburg or some NHL analists saying it was too high a price to pay.... well.... that can be their opinion, professional franchises want to be profitable and win championships.... The Titans took their shot in the late 90's....The Preds have the opportunity the next few years to win a Stanley Cup..... What price is too high when you are attempting to win it all???? Plus, I don't believe Nashville payed a high price...They gave up what they had in abundance.