Peter Forsburg

dandy82

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gerry Bertier @ Feb 19 2007 - 01:12 AM) 826378809[/snapback]This trade will not pay dividends like everyone thinks it will. Nashville will end up as a 4 or 5 seed once it is said an done. Detroit is playing well, and I think we peaked too soon. This trade will hurt us in years to come and the Flyers are already reaping the benefits.

When Trotz figures out just what line Forsberg needs to be on, things will be right on track for the Cup. You have to remember that there have some big changes in the past two weeks...the chemistry on both sides of the puck has been changed in a big way with the addition of Vishnevski and Forsberg. I already see some good things on the defensive side...Greg Zanon is playing like a wild man...he has blocked 6 shots already tonite and its only the 2nd period and he had 5 the other night. He realized that as the new guy if he didn't step up he would be the one being scratched. I do think that messing with the Legwand, Kariya, Erat line is a mistake because Kariya's and Erat's shots are suffering. I still say Forsberg should fit in with Radulov and Hartnell on the 3rd line well, maybe give them the benefit of his vast experience. Don't count out the Preds just yet...when the chemistry returns (and it will) we will once again be the best team in the NHL.

My wife and I went to the game Saturday night Forsburg's first with the Preds was very exciting, although it was obvious the chemistry will take some time, just like lions said it will take time for Trotz to find the right line for him. I am very excited about this trade and I hope the best for the Preds

QUOTE(Phoenix27 @ Feb 20 2007 - 09:31 AM) 826380785[/snapback]My wife and I went to the game Saturday night Forsburg's first with the Preds was very exciting, although it was obvious the chemistry will take some time, just like lions said it will take time for Trotz to find the right line for him. I am very excited about this trade and I hope the best for the Preds

Even though they didn't pull out the win Sat, I still would have given anything to have been there...I know the crowd had to be crazy.

Looks like moving JP Dumont and Arnott together and Legwand and Hartnell together is the first move in the right direction if they can only get Radulov involved now too...2 goals from them and 2 from a mixture of the 3rd line. But things are looking up for the 1st line...Kariya, Erat and Forsberg had I think 6 shots on goal and a lot more near misses. I bet we see a different 1st line Thursday after those three have today and tomorrow to work out together. I'm telling you the defense has really stepped up since Vish got there even with him as a scratch Monday. If Tootoo ever gets healthy and Hordichuk gets his game back up to where it was earlier in the season and they both can get back to being the Enforcers that make them so effective, the Preds will be tough to beat come playoff time. Go Preds!

Scottie is going to Philly without the burden of expectations. I think that is one of the reasons he didn't cut it here.

Last night's loss to Les Habs was about as frustrated as I've been watching a Preds game.

Forsberg's Flop in the sudden death was a real capper.

The house will be rockin' for the Wings Saturday, in what will be a four point game. Time to step up boys!

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Feb 23 2007 - 05:31 PM) 826386320[/snapback]Scottie is going to Philly without the burden of expectations. I think that is one of the reasons he didn't cut it here.

Last night's loss to Les Habs was about as frustrated as I've been watching a Preds game.

Forsberg's Flop in the sudden death was a real capper.

The house will be rockin' for the Wings Saturday, in what will be a four point game. Time to step up boys!

I agree ftt...very frustrating. They had the game well in hand a couple of times and just kept opening the door. At least the power play looked better. Big Foppa didn't look too good as he slid into the goal instead of the puck Makes you wonder if the foot is feeling as well as we were led to believe.

The Preds gotta bring it tonite against the Red Wings or I'm afraid they will lose what little momentum they have left for a deep run into the playoffs. Go Preds!

Way to go Big Foppa!!....2 goals from the Forsberg, Kariya, Erat line with Foppa scoring the winning goal in OT off of a sweet pass from Kariya. One of the most exciting games I've seen from the Preds in a while. If the boys coulda stayed out of the box it wouldn't have even been close! Preds are now leading the division with 86 points and a 2 game lead Go Preds!!