Top goalkeepers

knoxgk

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Hoya @ Feb 27 2007 - 05:45 PM) 826392141[/snapback]I think Brian Walker at Bearden and Joe DeRosa of Catholic are two of the best in Knoxville. They are very reliable, well skilled and play with heart.

Brian Walker is a force in the goal. He goes up hard every time and is not afraid of anyone. In fact, most forwards who know him are afraid to go up against him in the air or on 50-50 balls cause they know what he can and will do. On top of this, he is very technically sound and can drop kick the ball like crazy.

QUOTE(ah20 @ Feb 27 2007 - 09:58 PM) 826392425[/snapback]Brian Walker is a force in the goal. He goes up hard every time and is not afraid of anyone. In fact, most forwards who know him are afraid to go up against him in the air or on 50-50 balls cause they know what he can and will do. On top of this, he is very technically sound and can drop kick the ball like crazy.

ah, you all looked good tonite v. Maryville. Drew had a great save on the dipping ball he put over the crossbar. Plus he has a great last name.

QUOTE(akula21 @ Feb 27 2007 - 10:22 PM) 826392437[/snapback]ah, you all looked good tonite v. Maryville. Drew had a great save on the dipping ball he put over the crossbar. Plus he has a great last name.

Thanks! Glad I got to see you. Maryville has some fast players! That blond kid (#5 I think) had a good shot, as well. Get Blaise ready! I think he will do a good job.

QUOTE(akula21 @ Feb 27 2007 - 10:22 PM) 826392437[/snapback]ah, you all looked good tonite v. Maryville. Drew had a great save on the dipping ball he put over the crossbar. Plus he has a great last name.

Thanks! Yeah, they had a few good chances and scoring threats up top. A lot of speed and good distribution from the center. I'm assuming you're Alcoa's coach; I'm number 3 on CAK, say hey to me sometime if you happen to see another one of our games, I'd like to meet you. It's always cool seeing someone you know from coacht haha.

QUOTE(ah20 @ Feb 27 2007 - 11:08 PM) 826392483[/snapback]Thanks! Yeah, they had a few good chances and scoring threats up top. A lot of speed and good distribution from the center. I'm assuming you're Alcoa's coach; I'm number 3 on CAK, say hey to me sometime if you happen to see another one of our games, I'd like to meet you. It's always cool seeing someone you know from coacht haha.

I'll be there v. Seymour on Thursday, so I'll try to say hi without disrupting you guys. since this is a keeper thread I'll get back to that, where is drew going to play in college? Just wondering because he is very strong back there and should be getting some good opportunities.

QUOTE(akula21 @ Feb 27 2007 - 11:37 PM) 826392528[/snapback]I'll be there v. Seymour on Thursday, so I'll try to say hi without disrupting you guys. since this is a keeper thread I'll get back to that, where is drew going to play in college? Just wondering because he is very strong back there and should be getting some good opportunities.

Rhodes (Memphis Division 3) is looking at him. His height is a factor (5' 9), but mostly his major. He has a 4.3 gpa with an almost perfect SAT score. He is wanting to go into physics, and go to a school strong in that. It kind of limits his choices if he also wants to play soccer.

I think all the keepers from 7AAA are all pretty solid I've seen Paul play and I have to agree he is pretty solid. Riverdale's James Holt (correct me if I'm wrong) is one of the best keepers I've seen in a while. Tucker Chastain from Warren County wasn't scored on in his half against Brentwood and has only allowed one goal in two games against one top ten team and one top twenty team. Oakland's keeper has hype that he's suppose to be really good, I haven't got a chance to watch him yet but I definately will see him.

Guest THEWALL07

QUOTE(underrated27 @ Mar 1 2007 - 02:27 PM) 826395273[/snapback]I think all the keepers from 7AAA are all pretty solid I've seen Paul play and I have to agree he is pretty solid. Riverdale's James Holt (correct me if I'm wrong) is one of the best keepers I've seen in a while. Tucker Chastain from Warren County wasn't scored on in his half against Brentwood and has only allowed one goal in two games against one top ten team and one top twenty team. Oakland's keeper has hype that he's suppose to be really good, I haven't got a chance to watch him yet but I definately will see him.

I have seen Paul play, yea hes good but only as good as you allow him to be.(too overconfident and can be taken out of the game with a little trash talk), James on the other hand. He is tall, quick, and has great hands. Chastain has a strong defense in front of him, but when they let down he usually keeps the ball out. He is a smart keeper and makes the right choice when needed. He also has good size and good hands.