BLUE DEVILS VS CYCLONES

bigblue4life

QUOTE(crazzyness @ Feb 19 2007 - 10:02 PM) 826380190[/snapback]OK. No disrespect to Unicoi. I've seen a AA team that would absolulty blow Erwin out of the water: Liberty.

Now Erwin is the class of District 1AA by far. No one can take that away from them. But distict 1AA is really weak. REALLY weak. When West Greene gets into the regionals as easy as they did, its a really weak distict.

Just look at Erwin's record agains the 1A district: 5-2. Out of the 5 wins: 2 point win at Cloudland (should have gone into overtime,) 2 point win against UH on a neutral court, an 11 point win over a Hampton team that had been out of football like 10 days, a 13 point win at Unaka against an undermaned team that only played 8 the entire game, and a 3 point win against Cloudland. Just a play here or there and Erwin could be 1-6 against district 1A. Now District 1A is a fairly stong conferance, but it is by no means the best A district in the state.

About the Game agains Betsy, no contest. Devils by 30+

Your the best of this region, but Erwin will have to play a real good game to beat #4 from distict 2 on Saturday.

so playing 2 6A schools in orlando, florida along with Arbys classic(Antioch, Irmo, Gate City) and Volunteer (top 4 team in big 9) isn' t tpugh non-conference schedule? and u.h, hampton and cloudland are as good as some AAA in this area and as good as some teams in District. That coach t strength of schedule ranking is a real reliable statistic since it doesn't even have all the games and records correct.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GotSpeed @ Feb 19 2007 - 11:03 PM) 826380193[/snapback]I havent seen many other AA teams But the Strength of Schedule rankings are pretty close indicators this time of year, For instance Piegion Forge is Ranked 6 while Unicoi is ranked 104 (same Region). I dont believe Unicoi can make up that big of a differance in the Regionals. They will win the District and Both teams will have another home game, Which That will be a big plus for Betsy and the Blue Devils in the 1st round of regionals, after that all bets are off.

Good close game for 2.5 Quarters with unicoi pulling away in the 4th by 20+

Points well taken Crazyness and Gotspeed, and with no disrespect.

As far as the strength of schedule, you have a very valid point. However, based on talent I think Unicoi can match up with anyone from the other district in the region. Based on what I've personally seen and read, the other district is not well represented in the post- an area where Unicoi greatly excells at. Now I'm not saying that the Blue Devils are shoe ins to win the regions or even to make the finals, but I think they are legitimate contenders. I know this district is experiencing a down season and the 1A games have been very tight, but it's about who's playing the best ball now. It doesn't look like- based solely on the recent losses- that Pigeon Forge is playing as well as they were at the beginning/middle of the season. Please correct me if I'm offbase.

But priorities have to be set straight set- there's one more district game left before regions should be debated. Go Devils!

QUOTE(Hustle_Will_Win @ Feb 19 2007 - 10:13 PM) 826380049[/snapback]Just out of curiousity- who have you seen in AA that's better GotSpeed? I don't know where you're from or what team you throw your support behind, but I haven't personally seen any AA teams that are top-to-bottom better than the Blue Devils this season (and I'm not from Greene County). I'm not calling you out; I'm genuinely interested in your opinion- I haven't seen any teams outside of upper east TN.

As for the Cyclones, I will go ahead and say that this game will not be a runaway. The bottom line is Elizabethton has talent and athletes, which both seem to rise up around this time of year. It's hard to beat any decent team three times in a season and a focused 'Clone team can/will present a challenge. Players, coaches, and benches favor the Devils- I believe the championship is theirs to lose.

Two major factors to watch:

Elizabethton's ability to rotate in and out of double teaming the post (let's face it, you know they're going to have to).

Unicoi County's ability to consistently knock down the outside shot (pass in, pass out, shoot).

There's my two cents- any thoughts?

Very good post Hustle!

As a devoted Cyclone fan,I must agree that Unicoi wins by 12 to 15.

Could Eliz upset them,of course,any given team can be beat on any given night!

Many things would have to happen but it is possible!

Eliz needs to play like a team and not street ball.They have 3 or 4 kids that have to throw temper fits and get technicals and act like they are 7 instead of 17!

I really dont expect anything different tonight,I believe they will let Ike and company eat the inside game up!

By the way, this brings me to a different point. The officials are letting Weaver and many OTHERS stay in the paint.This also applies to the girls games, they are just not calling 3 second violations very much this year!

If you dont believe me,please watch tonight!

QUOTE(coachtcyclone @ Feb 20 2007 - 02:00 PM) 826381163[/snapback]Very good post Hustle!

As a devoted Cyclone fan,I must agree that Unicoi wins by 12 to 15.

Could Eliz upset them,of course,any given team can be beat on any given night!

Many things would have to happen but it is possible!

Eliz needs to play like a team and not street ball.They have 3 or 4 kids that have to throw temper fits and get technicals and act like they are 7 instead of 17!

I really dont expect anything different tonight,I believe they will let Ike and company eat the inside game up!

By the way, this brings me to a different point. The officials are letting Weaver and many OTHERS stay in the paint.This also applies to the girls games, they are just not calling 3 second violations very much this year!

If you dont believe me,please watch tonight!

Wow,great 1st half game from what I understand!

Unicoi won by 20,Carter and Thoams did great job on Ike in 1st half but I dont know why Coach went away from doubling him in 2nd half.I understand Thomas had 3 fouls but they dont do you any good taking them home in your pocket!

What about the 5-8 soph guard that shot lights out 3 pointers?

Congrats to Coach English and his staff and team,he's a class sct!