Best AAA Tennis Team

Tennessee3

QUOTE(TNtnns_07 @ Mar 30 2007 - 10:05 AM) 826426397[/snapback]What is ur problem? I just said that they were the better team...im gonna take it that you are one of those rich, stuck up @$#%^& that lives in the knoxville area, just like the webb boys...the only ones from webb that are actually modest are hatcher and walling and i respect them. But crist and parks are probably the most arrogant people i have ever met.

Sterotyping a whole city as "stuck up @$#%^&" seems slightly arrogant to me... The fact is TN High has shown no results and while your line-up is not bad, when compared to bearden, siegel, or the unmodest webb it can not be seen as a potent threat. Second of all, when a team blows another team out (ie. webb over tn high) the winning team can hardly be called unmodest, especially if the losing team is making up bogus excuses simply so that they will be held in higher regard. In reality, making up excuses does not make other people think that your team is better but was just unlucky (since you had to wait around so long and the webb team didnt have to wait at all...somehow) but rather makes others see you as merely a sore loser who is trying to compensate for their ablility with excuses. Don't post a message saying how good your team is, instead how about winning some matches and showing us how good you are. TN high gained no players this year so I don't see them beating science hill. This is just a prediction and honestly I have no preference toward either team. Does anyone know when this match (science hill vs. tn high) is?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(IrishTennis @ Mar 30 2007 - 08:44 PM) 826426784[/snapback]TN high does not have that good of a team. Bearden will beat them if not kill them. They havnt gained anybody and they are not very deep at all.

True, but I doubt Bearden will even play them. Science Hill will most likely beat TN High and Bearden will then play SH.

QUOTE(MaroonNation77 @ Mar 30 2007 - 06:12 PM) 826426780[/snapback]Sterotyping a whole city as "stuck up @$#%^&" seems slightly arrogant to me... The fact is TN High has shown no results and while your line-up is not bad, when compared to bearden, siegel, or the unmodest webb it can not be seen as a potent threat. Second of all, when a team blows another team out (ie. webb over tn high) the winning team can hardly be called unmodest, especially if the losing team is making up bogus excuses simply so that they will be held in higher regard. In reality, making up excuses does not make other people think that your team is better but was just unlucky (since you had to wait around so long and the webb team didnt have to wait at all...somehow) but rather makes others see you as merely a sore loser who is trying to compensate for their ablility with excuses. Don't post a message saying how good your team is, instead how about winning some matches and showing us how good you are. TN high gained no players this year so I don't see them beating science hill. This is just a prediction and honestly I have no preference toward either team. Does anyone know when this match (science hill vs. tn high) is?

Agreed... I think saying that "sitting around waiting to play because it rained made you lose the match" is the worst excuse ever because that is acting like Webb didn't sit and wait as well. The fact is that the conditions were the same for TN High as ithey were for Webb. The fact is that Webb won all the singles matches with relative ease. The scores were:8-2, 8-3, 8-2, 8-3, 8-2, 8-5. The scores speak for themselves. I'm not trying to sound cocky or anything, but Webb handled TN High easily. Just because Webb won easily doesn't mean we all are arrogant. And I agree with what MaroonNation is saying... Beat either Science Hill, Bearden, siegel, Webb, or anyone good and then post on the board about how good you all are. Don't post about how good you are when you all have no results. I look at it this way: Webb can't say anything about being better than Baylor or McCallie until they actually beat them, even if they might think they are better now, they still got handily beated last year. So TN High can't say anything about Webb because they got handled earlier this week. Just show some class and handle a loss without making excuses or lashing out at the other team's players. The fact is that TN High just isn't that good. Just take it for what it is and move on.

QUOTE(Webb4 @ Mar 30 2007 - 11:39 PM) 826426924[/snapback]What is ur problem? I just said that they were the better team...im gonna take it that you are one of those rich, stuck up @$#%^& that lives in the knoxville area, just like the webb boys...the only ones from webb that are actually modest are hatcher and walling and i respect them. But crist and parks are probably the most arrogant people i have ever met.

I think all you TN high people have got a case of the "kiser walk". you walk around like your great and such an opposing threat when in reality your nothing more than insecure about your team. Just because you WANT to be better than webb, bearden, siegel, etc. doesnt mean you ARE...

I have played tennis all my life and I also follow lots of other high school sports.

By far, no question, from what I have seen on Coach T the tennis threads are the most excuse laden, not my fault, spoiled rotten sounding bunch of crap I have ever heard. Win between the lines otherwise be still. So far no one on here or many other threads can say much to Siegel because they back their talk. I am not a huge Siegel fan and not a Siegel hater, they win therefore they can talk smack. I hate spoiled kids who play tennis and give other tennis players a bad name. For any kid or anyone for that matter to say that they lost because they were bored or lacked interest or had to sit around too long because of weather is silly and makes other tennis players look as bad as you. Can you imagine any other sport making a lame excuse like that??? Get real.

Ok i get ...i opened my mouth at the wrong time and i suffered the consequences. I apologize if i made myself come out cocky or arrogant or spoiled or whatever else you called me. Also I would like to apologize to anyone i offended on here i pushed it over the line and said some stuff that i shouldnt have said. And i would also like to apologize to any of the Webb guys for saying anything that offended them. They played a great match and they did have to play in the same conditions as we did and we choked. They might be a better team than us and the same goes for siegel and bearden but honestly i believe that we can hang with science hill and so does everyone else on our team. And im not saying that out of ignorance but only going by the results of last year and how we are playing right now. Maybe we dont beat them but i still think we are a good team considering we only came on the scene two years ago. Once again i would just like to apologize for anything that i said out of pure frustration and anger. And i can honestly say that i am not cocky or arrogant. And on behalf of my team mates , kiser does have a little attitude but that is just the way he is. Its not like he is thinking that he is better than everyone else he does that to help get himself motivated and get himself pumped up. but once again i apologize for anything i have said.

QUOTE(TNtnns_07 @ Mar 30 2007 - 11:55 PM) 826426989[/snapback]Ok i get ...i opened my mouth at the wrong time and i suffered the consequences. I apologize if i made myself come out cocky or arrogant or spoiled or whatever else you called me. Also I would like to apologize to anyone i offended on here i pushed it over the line and said some stuff that i shouldnt have said. And i would also like to apologize to any of the Webb guys for saying anything that offended them. They played a great match and they did have to play in the same conditions as we did and we choked. They might be a better team than us and the same goes for siegel and bearden but honestly i believe that we can hang with science hill and so does everyone else on our team. And im not saying that out of ignorance but only going by the results of last year and how we are playing right now. Maybe we dont beat them but i still think we are a good team considering we only came on the scene two years ago. Once again i would just like to apologize for anything that i said out of pure frustration and anger. And i can honestly say that i am not cocky or arrogant. And on behalf of my team mates , kiser does have a little attitude but that is just the way he is. Its not like he is thinking that he is better than everyone else he does that to help get himself motivated and get himself pumped up. but once again i apologize for anything i have said.

I came on too strong in what I said. I didnt mean that at you. I had a great coach in college who told me to let my game do my talking and to never let myself make excuses about ANYTHING. Just play your game and let it do your talking. Tennis is a great sport but too many kids take it way too seriously and end up making excuses like that. Tennis is a sport that lends itself to the wealthy and that makes us targets. Dont be a target like that. Win between the lines kid and everything will take care of itself. Nuff said.

QUOTE(imiss89 @ Mar 31 2007 - 01:22 AM) 826427002[/snapback]I came on too strong in what I said. I didnt mean that at you. I had a great coach in college who told me to let my game do my talking and to never let myself make excuses about ANYTHING. Just play your game and let it do your talking. Tennis is a great sport but too many kids take it way too seriously and end up making excuses like that. Tennis is a sport that lends itself to the wealthy and that makes us targets. Dont be a target like that. Win between the lines kid and everything will take care of itself. Nuff said.

ok...well right now we are 4-1 and we play science hill wednesday so i guess that wil be our first real conference test

QUOTE(Harris @ Apr 1 2007 - 01:55 AM) 826427441[/snapback]TNtnns, You have a tri-match with Siegel and another team in April. Perhaps instead of getting on here throwing excuses for the beating you took, you should be on a court practicing.

Also, you will lose to Science Hill as well.

Have a nice day

I agree. TN High will lose to science hill. I take back anything I said before about TN High needing to prove themselves against Science Hill because that will not happen. Thank you and goodnight.

QUOTE(nation_supp89 @ Mar 29 2007 - 11:26 AM) 826425805[/snapback]Actually I think Siegel and Bearden might could hang with Webb. Siegel could win at the one spot as well as the four and MAYBE the five...but it would be difficult. Webb is the better team. Honestly I think if Siegel and THS play (or I guess when they play) it will not even be a close match. THS could win at the two spot but I think it's all Siegel from there. Dawgs2 is Taylor Patrick not playing...?

Wait a second.... Did you just say that Siegel could win at the 1 and 4 spots against Webb? Are you crazy? Parks would own Wishing, and Walling would own whoever plays 4 for you all. If Haydek plays 5 for Webb, you wouldnt win that either, but if Macabee played 5 you all would. WEBB>SIEGEL