IMAC Outlook

GREENEDEVILMOM

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Greeneville will have better team chemistry i agree, but if he can keep his nose clean they will be better. Nothing against Matt he's a heck of a player.

So, whats this i hear. 1.Morristown West

2.Cherokee

3.Morristown East

not for sure on the rest of the rankings, i know that cherokee is returning some players this year but what pitching do they have? just coming from what they had last year i dont think that pitching will be there unless they have had some transfers come in that can pitch.

West is prob. the best off in pitching with Bridgewater,Wild (if he is able),and a few more.but like i said in an earlier post they cant pitch everygame.

From what I have heard, Cherokee thinks they are the crap this year. A few of the players have even stooped low enough at recent basketball games to call other teams players bad names, sit on the front row of the bleachers and yell obsenities at players that played on the basketball teams.

From what I have seen of Cherokee they only have one pitcher that is decent, low 80s at his best. They have a few position players that are DECENT, but that is it, probably wouldnt even be starting at any other IMAC school except Cocke Co.

Cherokee won a few games last year, and now they think they are Science Hill or somebody. They didnt even win the IMAC...Go figure..

What is everyone's thoughts on the new conference schedule this year??

Monday - Single Game with a team

Tuesday - Doubleheader with the same team

I think it'll be better from a competition standpoint and maybe bring in a lot of parity to the league as well.

Instead of being able to throw your #1 man at a team twice in the conference season, he'll get one game.

QUOTE(guestuser @ Feb 28 2007 - 06:15 PM) 826393721[/snapback]From what I have heard, Cherokee thinks they are the crap this year. A few of the players have even stooped low enough at recent basketball games to call other teams players bad names, sit on the front row of the bleachers and yell obsenities at players that played on the basketball teams.

From what I have seen of Cherokee they only have one pitcher that is decent, low 80s at his best. They have a few position players that are DECENT, but that is it, probably wouldnt even be starting at any other IMAC school except Cocke Co.

Cherokee won a few games last year, and now they think they are Science Hill or somebody. They didnt even win the IMAC...Go figure..

Nothing new about that, they always think they are the crap and never go anywhere!

QUOTE(PTSportsWriter @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:21 PM) 826394054[/snapback]What is everyone's thoughts on the new conference schedule this year??

Monday - Single Game with a team

Tuesday - Doubleheader with the same team

I think it'll be better from a competition standpoint and maybe bring in a lot of parity to the league as well.

Instead of being able to throw your #1 man at a team twice in the conference season, he'll get one game.

I love the new format. I think it rewards the teams with better depth. I also like it because almost all college conferences play three games series' and it makes for really good competition. Could be a crazy year in the IMAC this year

Despite the obvious resemblance of a college series, what advantages do IMAC teams have when they play so converence games per season? These high school teams are only allowed to play in four tournaments per year, with a maximum of 32 games. Don't you think that many of the IMAC teams hurt their postseason chances by continually playing teams who don't figure into any kind of postseason picture? For instance, wouldn't it benefit a team like West or Jeff Co. to play some other regional competition rather than add two more games with teams like Cocke Co. and Cherokee?

QUOTE(frankenvol @ Mar 1 2007 - 12:35 PM) 826394936[/snapback]Despite the obvious resemblance of a college series, what advantages do IMAC teams have when they play so converence games per season? These high school teams are only allowed to play in four tournaments per year, with a maximum of 32 games. Don't you think that many of the IMAC teams hurt their postseason chances by continually playing teams who don't figure into any kind of postseason picture? For instance, wouldn't it benefit a team like West or Jeff Co. to play some other regional competition rather than add two more games with teams like Cocke Co. and Cherokee?

Whether or not West, Jeff, East or G'ville wants to play Cocke Co or Cherokee, they have to because they are in their conference, and play each other 3 times. That is why when you decide which tourneys you are going to play in, you pick the ones with the best reputation of having good competition. I know G'ville goes to Charleston, SC every other year and plays in a tourney there, and two years ago they played Dematha who was ranked nationally at that time.

QUOTE(easygoing7 @ Feb 28 2007 - 11:00 AM)

Yes Greeneville will have better team chemistry i agree, but if he can keep his nose clean they will be better.

QUOTE(volunteerfan23 @ Mar 1 2007 - 02:11 PM) 826395116[/snapback]iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiifffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff is a mighty big word!

I think the 4 seniors need to step up and be vocal leaders and create some team unity. Last years team didnt seem to have any leadership on the field, and it cost them quite a few games. The talent is there, but wins will be determined by whether or not the guys will come together and accept their role on the team.

Conference play doesnt during the regular season doesnt matter that much. Yeah its good to win confrence and to place first, but its mostly to build up and prepare for the distict tournment.Thats what it all comes down to.

Who are going to be standout players this year in the imac?