IMAC Outlook

GREENEDEVILMOM

QUOTE(easygoing7 @ Mar 9 2007 - 09:49 AM) 826405973[/snapback]Frankenvol u have no clue about Altizer he wants the kids to win just as bad as they do. And i would have to say that u would not say that to his face. You may talk as if u would, but I promise you that you would not.

Back to baseball for which the topic is about, Heard the other day hazelwood might be out for the season. Thats horrible to hear for him he was a heck of a player, and a dang good guy. Hope everything turns out good and he will be able to play this year.

What day does the tourney actually start. I know East plays Cocke Co. tuesday any games going on monday?

Are the 'Canes playing their originally planned schedule, or did Altizer once again drop the games to which he didn't feel like traveling? Did the boys play any fall baseball? Every coach in the IMAC rejoiced when they found out that it'd be Altizer and not Rines this season.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(frankenvol @ Mar 9 2007 - 10:37 AM) 826406034[/snapback]Are the 'Canes playing their originally planned schedule, or did Altizer once again drop the games to which he didn't feel like traveling? Did the boys play any fall baseball? Every coach in the IMAC rejoiced when they found out that it'd be Altizer and not Rines this season.

don't worry about the canes... just worry about your team cause the canes will be fine

QUOTE(imacker10 @ Mar 8 2007 - 08:07 PM) 826405384[/snapback]wow... nothing new here, just another West fan that thinks their crap doesn't stink... you know frankenvol, it's people like you that make me ashamed to say I am from Morristown... all you kind of people ever talk about is how West is so much better that everybody else and that they're foing to win everything... guess what. You ain't good. It's time you come down off of your high horse and stop disrespecting everybody else and talking this big game because i know everybody is tired of hearing how great West is when every year, you're not that good. You can not back it up on the diamond... Until you can, be quiet and just play/watch baseball or whatever you do... and get your facts right before you talk smack cause you can't even do that well... Tom Griffin did not get fired, he simply liked coaching college ball better... beating West was just not enough of a challenge for him... oh congrats on the tournament last year... every blind squirrel finds a nut sooner or later

Hey now lets not get our panties in a wad. The guy did not say anything about west except that he thinks they are gonna win the district. I dont think it is so much west as it is east. It's people like you that take things and blow them way out of proportion. He did not say a word about how great west is. Maybe you are just a little jealous of all the success west has had in sports. Just chill out and stop worrying about west and what people say about east. And how could you be ashamed to say that you are from morristown because of that comment. Maybe you should check what you said. Well anyways back to baseball. I have some good news for people other than Trojan fans. Hazelwood as of right now is out for the year with a ruptured tendon in his ankle. And Wild cannot pitch until atleast April. He can play the field and hit but just not pitch. So he is not gonna be off the mound for too long.

QUOTE(EveryonesFan @ Mar 12 2007 - 06:46 PM) 826409401[/snapback]Hey now lets not get our panties in a wad. The guy did not say anything about west except that he thinks they are gonna win the district. I dont think it is so much west as it is east. It's people like you that take things and blow them way out of proportion. He did not say a word about how great west is. Maybe you are just a little jealous of all the success west has had in sports. Just chill out and stop worrying about west and what people say about east. And how could you be ashamed to say that you are from morristown because of that comment. Maybe you should check what you said. Well anyways back to baseball. I have some good news for people other than Trojan fans. Hazelwood as of right now is out for the year with a ruptured tendon in his ankle. And Wild cannot pitch until atleast April. He can play the field and hit but just not pitch. So he is not gonna be off the mound for too long.

bow to the canes

QUOTE(frankenvol @ Mar 9 2007 - 10:37 AM) 826406034[/snapback]Are the 'Canes playing their originally planned schedule, or did Altizer once again drop the games to which he didn't feel like traveling? Did the boys play any fall baseball? Every coach in the IMAC rejoiced when they found out that it'd be Altizer and not Rines this season.

yes we are still playing away games. just dropped a tourney. And yes they played fall ball, they played west in a few games and pract. Im sure coaches really rejoiced

QUOTE(7inningparadise @ Mar 8 2007 - 08:54 AM) 826404520[/snapback]I am not just sure , I would take 10 to 1 odds on it, it is the same every year, and with DB an Scien Hill stronger than ever and Knoxville with the teams they have, there is no chance some one is going to come out of that weak conference.

I think he meant 1 to 10

QUOTE(frankenvol @ Mar 1 2007 - 11:35 AM) 826394936[/snapback]Despite the obvious resemblance of a college series, what advantages do IMAC teams have when they play so converence games per season? These high school teams are only allowed to play in four tournaments per year, with a maximum of 32 games. Don't you think that many of the IMAC teams hurt their postseason chances by continually playing teams who don't figure into any kind of postseason picture? For instance, wouldn't it benefit a team like West or Jeff Co. to play some other regional competition rather than add two more games with teams like Cocke Co. and Cherokee?

Jefferson County manages to play a tough schedule year in and year out, I know this year they have two games with Halls and two with South Doyle among others.

As for my prediction

West

East

Jefferson County

Greeneville

Cherokee

Cocke County

QUOTE(PTSportsWriter @ Mar 13 2007 - 07:50 PM) 826410607[/snapback]West beat Greeneville

Was the lopsided score in the CC game due to poor pitching or bad defense?

West beat Greeneville 4-1. West pitched Bridgewater (their ace) and Greeneville pitched their #4 man in the rotation. Matt Cutshaw went yard on the 2nd pitch of the game for Greeneville.

I saw over on a Rutledge/PF topic that Rutledge beat Cherokee 24-2 yesterday. Anyone got any detailes about the game?