IMAC Outlook

GREENEDEVILMOM

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(IMAC_5 @ May 4 2007 - 08:32 AM) 826451422[/snapback]I agree with you... West doesnt need 7 players to all confrence. Thats just crazy

I just threw out names of players that could be considered of all conference like the person asked for

didn't say all 7 would make it. and i know there are other players I liked but couldn't remember there names

and I don't see any of u throwing any names out there

West could have 7 players on there the way that they are playing. It wouldn't be fair to everyone else but they have atleast 7 possible for it. They have dominated the district and should be rewarded. I don't see how east can have the second "best" athletes and go 8-16 and already be done. West should have the most but 7 is a little too much. I think 5 would be a deserving number.

QUOTE(PTSportsWriter @ May 3 2007 - 08:15 PM) 826451109[/snapback]FRIDAY

G1: #5 East vs #4 Greeneville (5 PM) -- Elimination Game

G2: #3 Jeff Co vs #6 Cocke Co (7:30 PM) -- Elimination Game

SATURDAY

G3: #1 Morristown West vs G1 Winner (12 PM)

G4: #2 Cherokee vs G2 Winner (2:30 PM)

MONDAY

G5: Winner G3 vs Winner G4 (5 PM)

G6: Loser G3 vs Loser G4 (7:30 PM) -- Elimination Game

TUESDAY

G7: Loser of G5 vs Winner of G6 (5 PM) -- Elimination Game

WEDNESDAY - CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND

G8: Winner G5 vs Winner G7 (5 PM)

G9: Winner of G8 vs Loser of G8 (If Necessary)

#6 Cocke Co defeated #3 Jeff Co 8 - 0 Blaine Hartsell threw a 2 hitter

#4 Greeneville defeated #5 East 2 - 1

Cocke Co will play Cherokee in the first game at noon due to Cocke Co having Prom Saturday evening

Greeneville will take on West in the second game at 2:30

QUOTE(PTSportsWriter @ May 5 2007 - 12:26 AM) 826452228[/snapback]Cocke County used a great outing by Hartsell and received timely, clutch hitting (scored 4 of their 8 with two men out).

Jefferson County looked bad at times and didnt seem to play inspired ball.

Brummett isnt Jefferson County's number one either I heard many folks saying.

No offense, PT, but with CC's record, who would have used their #1 pitcher?

QUOTE(GREENEDEVILMOM @ May 5 2007 - 05:37 AM) 826452288[/snapback]No offense, PT, but with CC's record, who would have used their #1 pitcher?

In the first round, it's win or go home, therefore most coaches would think you must win this one first. Guess Coach Seals doesn't think so.

QUOTE(PTSportsWriter @ May 5 2007 - 03:42 PM) 826452488[/snapback]Cocke County wins again 6-4 winners over Cherokee.

West beat Greeneville 9-1 I believe.

So its #1 West vs #6 Cocke Co in the 5 PM Winners Bracket Final on Monday

and Greeneville vs #2 Cherokee in the 7:30 PM Elimination Round

So, now who does West throw against Cocke County on Monday??? I'll bet they don't go with Jefferson County's philosophy. I like Greeneville's chances against Cherokee on Monday and then wait and see for a chance at the Regionals on Tuesday.

QUOTE(gogreene @ May 5 2007 - 05:41 PM) 826452511[/snapback]So, now who does West throw against Cocke County on Monday??? I'll bet they don't go with Jefferson County's philosophy. I like Greeneville's chances against Cherokee on Monday and then wait and see for a chance at the Regionals on Tuesday.

I would guess Wild. They could then throw McDonald in Game 1 of the Championship Round if they beat Cocke County.

Cocke County has no real true #3 man. They've been back and forth with the #3 guy all year. The question for Cocke County and Coach McKinney is do you throw Hartsell on two days rest against the top seed, or do you save him for a potential elimination game on Tuesday?

I think if you're Cocke County - you're playing for a regional berth, because their lack of arms just doesnt have them likely to get into the championship round from the winners bracket. Thus I think Cocke County should probably throw a compilation of guys on Monday - go with Hartsell on Tuesday and Glenn on Wednesday if they make it. The only problem with that is if they made it to Wednesday and then won Game 1 with Glenn, they would be pretty much out of pitching totally for Game 2.

That said, it wouldnt be shocking if Hartsell was on the hill Monday.

isn't it funny how west was the only team that was expected to win, that won. but still who does the oh so famous for putting east high ahead of west on so many levels write about. cocke county that's who. east also has a big write up, even though they lost. i'm not saying that these teams do not have a right to be talked about. but you need to give kids credit when they have earned it. west has surpassed many expectations this year and they still do not get treated neither as equals. i personally do not feel that this is right. and i think that the citizen tribune should start giving every team the attention they deserve

QUOTE(utilityplayer00 @ May 6 2007 - 01:17 PM) 826452847[/snapback]isn't it funny how west was the only team that was expected to win, that won. but still who does the oh so famous for putting east high ahead of west on so many levels right about. cocke county that's who. east also has a big write up, even though they lost. i'm not saying that these teams do not have a right to be talked about. but you need to give kids credit when they have earned it. west has surpassed many expectations this year and they still do not get treated neither as equals. i personally do not feel that this is right. and i think that the citizen tribune should start giving every team the attention they deserve

jmo...but if things turn out the way they should (ie: West winning Monday and beating the Cocke/Greeneville/Cherokee winner on Wednesday and getting a home regional game) then West will get plenty of attention over the next week.