IMAC Outlook

GREENEDEVILMOM

And how bout West winning district titles in all sports except for basketball. The tribune has never said anything about West's dominance in all sports. This year alone they have won football, baseball, softball, boys soccer, girls soccer, cross country, track, tennis, and i am not sure whether they won golf or not. However West has been the best school all year and the tribune hardly ever says a thing about it.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(EveryonesFan @ May 6 2007 - 09:20 PM) 826453063[/snapback]And how bout West winning district titles in all sports except for basketball. The tribune has never said anything about West's dominance in all sports. This year alone they have won football, baseball, softball, boys soccer, girls soccer, cross country, track, tennis, and i am not sure whether they won golf or not. However West has been the best school all year and the tribune hardly ever says a thing about it.

I've not really thought about West's outstanding performance in all athletic fields, but now that you say something about it I feel like the tribune should def. make an effort to recognize the work that the teams have done this year!

Does anyone have any thoughts on what will take place tomorrow durning the game between the Trojans of West and Cocke county? West has had a good year in the confrence (almost unblimished record) but Cocke county has been playing suprisingly good baseball. Correct me if i'm wrong but i believe they hav only made 1 error in the past three games.

QUOTE(EveryonesFan @ May 6 2007 - 07:20 PM) 826453063[/snapback]And how bout West winning district titles in all sports except for basketball. The tribune has never said anything about West's dominance in all sports. This year alone they have won football, baseball, softball, boys soccer, girls soccer, cross country, track, tennis, and i am not sure whether they won golf or not. However West has been the best school all year and the tribune hardly ever says a thing about it.

Off topic, but the Greene Devils own Winter sports. Championships in Wrestling, Boys basketball and Girls basketball. I believe Jeff won Boys golf and Devils? girls golf. If not the Devils, it was Jeff in girls as well.

Go Greene Devil Baseball!

QUOTE(Baseball4Life08 @ May 6 2007 - 09:59 PM) 826453105[/snapback]Does anyone have any thoughts on what will take place tomorrow durning the game between the Trojans of West and Cocke county? West has had a good year in the confrence (almost unblimished record) but Cocke county has been playing suprisingly good baseball. Correct me if i'm wrong but i believe they hav only made 1 error in the past three games.

Cocke County has made one error in 14 post season innings. The error....could've been scored either way. It was a fly ball to right-center on Saturday. Could've been played by Drew Crawford in RF, but Hartsell called him off and it went off of Hartsell's glove.

The thing with Cocke County right now is they've played pretty good ball stemming back to April 16th. They played Greeneville tough two out of three (Two one-run losses and one blowout at home) and the next week they played East tough (Won one, lost a one-run game and lost a blow out in the third game). Later that week they played East, they scored about 25 runs in three games in a Washington County tourney, then blew out Carter early last week.

I think West wins, because Cocke County appears to be out of pitching until Tuesday night. West has Bridgewater, Wild and McDonald...Cocke County has Hartsell and Glenn (and while both were impressive in their last outing, neither did that well in the conf. reg. season).

With West's pitching advantage and having about one more arm than any of the three remaining teams....it seems like Cocke/Greeneville/Cherokee are playing for a trip to Kingsport...unless the other three coaches can conspire with the rain gods and have this Championship Round rained out until Friday....

QUOTE(noonesfool @ May 6 2007 - 08:57 PM) 826453154[/snapback]Off topic, but the Greene Devils own Winter sports. Championships in Wrestling, Boys basketball and Girls basketball. I believe Jeff won Boys golf and Devils? girls golf. If not the Devils, it was Jeff in girls as well.

Go Greene Devil Baseball!

jeff won girls golf too noone

I know east and west like to complain about who receives the most coverage in the paper, and most opinions are extremely biased, because I see the same thing up here with the G sun.

But Ive noticed that with the Tribune, under the current regime, their coverage area appears to have grown to much for the three man staff they are working with and they never seem to have their priorities in order. Like last week when West and Cherokee played in a big District Softball matchup, no Tribune reporter had a story. Yet they find time to send someone out to Washburn and Rutledge games? I can understand giving different teams a fair shake but they need to take their spot in the pecking order.

I remember back in basketball season the tribune sent people up here to greeneville for tusculum games, like the primary coverage area actually cares what Tusculum is doing. We people in greeneville by a Sun for that. When i lived in morristown, i never gave a dang what Tusculum was doing. Seems like a waste of resources to me. When I lived in morristown i remember seeing Jefferson County and Cocke County games in the tribune on the regular, now I never see those two schools featured except when they play West or East. You cant please everyone i guess. I would like to see someone from the tribune come on here and respond.

West beats Cocke County 6-3

CC scored 3 in the top of the first, with a lot of miscues and lackidasical defensive miscues by West.

West answered with 2 in their half of the first and scored 4 in the second. CC could've escaped the second with little damage. The first hitter, Raines got aboard and stole second, the throw down was in time and he was punched out - but the CC second baseman dropped the ball and he was safe.

The second batter of the inning struck out and the third hitter got aboard and he stole second, the throw was in time and it appeared he was out, but the umpire ruled otherwise.

Logan Welch then scored both of those runners with a 2 RBI double and Bridgewater blasted a 2-run homer to cap off the 4 run inning and no one really threatened. Cocke Co had RISP in the 4th, 5th and 6th - but couldnt have clutch hitting.

Logan Wild looked great on the hill for West, had a lot of confidence in the breaking stuff and struck out 11.

Cocke County goes against GHS/CHS at 6 tomorrow. Blaine Hartsell is the likely hurler for CCHS.

Congrats to Morristown West for winning the season and the tournament. Very good team! Also congrats to the big red of Cocke County for turning around a season and playing very well in the IMAC tourney. Beat Cherokee twice, Jefferson County and gave Morristown West pretty much all they wanted twice. Good luck to both teams in the regionals!

QUOTE(volunteerfan23 @ May 10 2007 - 05:42 AM) 826456163[/snapback]Congrats to Morristown West for winning the season and the tournament. Very good team! Also congrats to the big red of Cocke County for turning around a season and playing very well in the IMAC tourney. Beat Cherokee twice, Jefferson County and gave Morristown West pretty much all they wanted twice. Good luck to both teams in the regionals!

Easy prediction-both teams lose in regional games. How can Cocke Co. match up with a team from DB's district?

QUOTE(volunteerfan23 @ May 10 2007 - 05:42 AM) 826456163[/snapback]Congrats to Morristown West for winning the season and the tournament. Very good team! Also congrats to the big red of Cocke County for turning around a season and playing very well in the IMAC tourney. Beat Cherokee twice, Jefferson County and gave Morristown West pretty much all they wanted twice. Good luck to both teams in the regionals!

Easy prediction-both teams lose in regional games. How can Cocke Co. match up with a team from DB's district?

QUOTE(frankenvol @ May 10 2007 - 09:04 AM) 826456253[/snapback]Easy prediction-both teams lose in regional games. How can Cocke Co. match up with a team from DB's district?

CONGRATES TO ALL

ALL-IMAC TEAM ANNOUNCED

Player of Year-Austin Bridgewater, Morristown West

Coach of Year-Kevin Helton, Cherokee

All-Conference Selections

Morristown West:

Austin Bridgewater

Kevin McDonald

Daniel Vick

Logan Wild

Cherokee:

Justin Ferrell