Tennessee High vs. Dobyns-Bennett

BristolBoy

#21 for Volunteer is indeed a goon. He does exactly what maroonandgray says he does,because he did it the last 2 times Central played Volunteer.(Go ahead Volunteer fans and insert an overused comment about how I am making an excuse about why you beat us) But that is the truth,there is a difference between playing hard and just being jerks and tyring to hurt people,and it truly seems Volunteer is trying to hurt people at times.

Also, I am beginning to see a pattern,it seems not many people believe Tn High can win this game,similar to Central in the championship last year and Tn High the other night against SH. I am still going to pick DB,because Sensabaugh and Throp are unreal in the 4th quarter,but it definitely won't be easy and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see TH win the thing.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 20 2007 - 01:07 PM) 826381070[/snapback]Barb

you can say that again...eventually someone is going to get hurt if the refs continue to allow that style of play

I wasn't there but isn't that why they pay the officials? If it was as dirty as you say there would have been ejections. Even your own DB Home-Cooking Radio Announcers said it was rough both ways, meaning that DB was doing just as much as Volunteer as far as physical BBall. Get over it.

Anyway, I think DB beats TN High and takes #1. Science Hill pulls together to win over Volunteer.

Good Luck to all Big 9 teams in the Regions and further.

QUOTE(Boonie @ Feb 20 2007 - 07:31 PM) 826381676[/snapback]I wasn't there but isn't that why they pay the officials? If it was as dirty as you say there would have been ejections. Even your own DB Home-Cooking Radio Announcers said it was rough both ways, meaning that DB was doing just as much as Volunteer as far as physical BBall. Get over it.

Anyway, I think DB beats TN High and takes #1. Science Hill pulls together to win over Volunteer.

It wasn't as dirty as I say...it was also other fans that were there if you read the thread..as well as others (barb=Greeneville)...it is not exclusive to myself and DB fans...since you weren't there I'm sure it didn't happen though

QUOTE(Boonie @ Feb 20 2007 - 07:31 PM) 826381676[/snapback]I wasn't there but isn't that why they pay the officials? If it was as dirty as you say there would have been ejections. Even your own DB Home-Cooking Radio Announcers said it was rough both ways, meaning that DB was doing just as much as Volunteer as far as physical BBall. Get over it.

From one coon skin cap to another, I was there. #21 was going out of his way to try to do physical damage. It should have been stopped by the officials. Trying to do physical damage and playing physical are most definitely two different things. I didn't see 1 incidence of DB players doing anything but playing physical. Sorry Boonie. Daniel has spoken.

The DB vs. TN High game is anybody's game. If DB is as hot as most of their recent games, DB wins by 20. If they are as cool with their shooting as they were last night (apparently suffering from frost bite), TN High just might take it. Watch the warm ups. You can tell the mood of the team watching that.

QUOTE(DBGRAD70 @ Feb 20 2007 - 09:00 PM) 826381764[/snapback]From one coon skin cap to another, I was there. #21 was going out of his way to try to do physical damage. It should have been stopped by the officials. Trying to do physical damage and playing physical are most definitely two different things. I didn't see 1 incidence of DB players doing anything but playing physical. Sorry Boonie. Daniel has spoken.

The DB vs. TN High game is anybody's game. If DB is as hot as most of their recent games, DB wins by 20. If they are as cool with their shooting as they were last night (apparently suffering from frost bite), TN High just might take it. Watch the warm ups. You can tell the mood of the team watching that.

Is #21 that albino looking kid?

No he is one of the two long haired kids that wear the headbands.

Not only did Jordan continually get hit in the crotch and Logan reinjure his arm on that jump ball (with 21 coming out immediately afterwards and getting a congratulatory smile and handshake from the coach) but the head coach also was yellin at DB students in the middle of the game.

Cradick should probably score at some point in the 4th quarter if he keeps actin the way he has this year.

Tonights champioship game will be a god one. God luck to both teams. Just watch how two teams can play all out, play hard, and play physical, yet play clean at the same time. Maybe the Volunteer Goons will stick around and learn something. I hope the officials stay on top of the Science Hill/ Volunteer game. It would be a shame for someone to get hurt at this point in the year.

QUOTE(barb @ Feb 20 2007 - 12:09 PM) 826380957[/snapback]I would say any of the top 4 Big 9 teams would give Greeneville a game but with 2 championship and consolation games left to play anything can happen. SH has to be concerned with the overly-aggressive Volunteer team and the possibility of injury to key players going into regionals. Greeneville/ Cherokee is always a battle and although the Devils have won twice, they will be ready for a tough game as always against the Chiefs. Regardless of the outcome either SH or Volunteer will be a tough draw for Greeneville.

Volunteer has promised to check their guns and knives at the door so your little boys won't be attacked from our "agressive" boys. You people are idiots. This is 2007 the game has changed from 30 years ago. If we are So agressive why have'nt the officials called it. Go back to rec league if you cant handle the pressure!

QUOTE(Floor_General22 @ Feb 21 2007 - 08:52 AM) 826382417[/snapback]Tonights champioship game will be a god one. God luck to both teams. Just watch how two teams can play all out, play hard, and play physical, yet play clean at the same time. Maybe the Volunteer Goons will stick around and learn something. I hope the officials stay on top of the Science Hill/ Volunteer game. It would be a shame for someone to get hurt at this point in the year.

Pass this idiot a tissue!

QUOTE(cougarball52 @ Feb 20 2007 - 12:48 PM) 826381027[/snapback]If Science Hill somehow loses to Volunteer, Greeneville will get the worst deal of anyone in District 2-AAA.

Not going to happen. What Volunteer gained by beating us is going to be three loses. Probably would have been the same for us. I came out the winner... I didn't have to pay to see it.

QUOTE(UwishuwereaFALCON! @ Feb 21 2007 - 11:12 AM) 826382648[/snapback]Volunteer has promised to check their guns and knives at the door so your little boys won't be attacked from our "agressive" boys. You people are idiots. This is 2007 the game has changed from 30 years ago. If we are So agressive why have'nt the officials called it. Go back to rec league if you cant handle the pressure!

Pass this idiot a tissue!

In case you haven't noticed,no one has disagreed with your point that the game has changed. Just look at the players now days,they are pretty much all strong,ripped,and great athletes,but what we are saying is repeated times Volunteer has been seen undercutting people on layups,blatantly fouling,giving cheap shots,turning people's arms in ball tie-ups,etc...

There is nothing wrong with playing hard and agressive,see Boone,Johnson County or Hampton,but what bothers us is your all's dirty play,and it has happened so much,that it doesn't surprise anyone anymore,thats kind of when you know there is a problem.

I can see Volunteer upsetting Greeneville,I'd love to see the final 4 of the regions be all big 9 teams,so best of luck to everyone there.