Preseason Poll 2007

Redtwin

Division II Preseason Poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Division II Preseason Poll

i agree...cookeville looked really good last year as it was and they dont lose anyone..snider (#5?) and yall's middie malone (1?) are both great. they would be considered as my early favorites, but then again i know little about whats going on from the nashville teams. and does anyone know anything about baylor and cleveland?

Cleveland is a solid team that has some good players. They have lots of fast players that dropped soccer to play lacrosse. Two players (brothers) that have played for a long time in Canada. Two players (brothers) that played in Boston. A good solid defense and a decent goalie. However they had a rocky start to their season having to come back from 4-0 to Signal Mountain to win 7-5. Think they underestimated a team that they handled strongly last week at the McCalie jamboree. They play West Knox on the 10th for their first league game.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd defidently have to go with Franklin again this year, considering it appears to be nearly the same team as last year, minus a good defender Haley. Cookville is in a similar situation though, a solid returning team that beat Franklin once last year. So it should be interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually that is about right. There are 10 teams in D-1; five are ranked by Laxpower higher than Franklin, five are ranked below, so Franklin would be ranked 6th in D-1.

I think that would be consistent with where the top team in D-2 would rank and looking back at previous rankings

In;

2006 - Franklin (D-2 Champs) would have been rank #7

2005 - Ravenwood would have ranked 3rd

2004 - Cordova would have ranked 4th

Fun comparing!

Good Luck to Franklin in the rest of their games, that is except for one???