REGION 5 PICKS

FridayMainEvent

QUOTE(Youngtower28 @ Feb 25 2007 - 10:06 AM) 826388310[/snapback]Thats mean, but at the same time ture and funny.....See ya tuesday night.

I'll make your day, Youngtower, if you guys can D-up on Shankle, maybe watch some Cascade game film so you'll know how to shut him down, I think ya'll have the edge Tuesday night. Congratulations on the win last night, it is nice to see an over-rated team win one every now and then

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Feb 25 2007 - 11:01 AM) 826388356[/snapback]Your right, we apparently don't have a region MVP. We do have a district MVP who put your boy out in the championship. We admittedly had matchup problems against EL and their style of play (very aggressive) was allowed by an officiating crew that apparently left their whistles in their cars. EL had the best shooting night they've ever had, mostly aided by the moving picks they ran all night that were never called. I'm not whining, because even if the game had been called tighter, I don't know that the outcome would of been different. Their kids wanted it bad and they never let up the entire game. I don't know if we may of been looking past them to our next matchup or what the problem was, but we never got in a good rhythm all night. We didn't get alot of open looks and when we did, we either passed up the shot, or missed. That's part of the game and it's gonna happen. Congratulations to East Lit. on a hard fought game and good luck to you in the semi's.

As for you, Fresh, trust me, I'm not the only one that is glad your brother is a senior so we don't have to listen to your continous gloating on here. I'll make a prediction that soon enough you'll get a dose of reality about what I've been telling you all year. Your brother is a great HIGH SCHOOL basketball player. He doesn't possess the tools to make it at the next level though. Sometimes the truth hurts as you'll soon find out. Hall and Baker DO have those tools and will succeed to a greater extent if all are given an opportunity at the next level.

They beat yall twice so obviously they are the better team and it had nothing to do with officials

Congrats to east lit you guys came ready to play and out hustled us on all ends of the floor. With the exception of a couple of players, Carkuf and Reed, we looked scared to play these guys. The officiating was a little questionable but only halfway through to 4th period when the game was already over. Other than that though it was a good called game, so I dont know what cascade11 is talking about. The biggest thing that hurt us is that we ran a zone all the way into the 4th quarter with East lit shooting lights out. We should have switched out of the zone at the half cause obviously it wasnt working at all. They were shooting uncontested shots all night. On the other hand when we were getting open looks we weren't taking them, except Carkuf and Reed.

QUOTE(culleokarep @ Feb 25 2007 - 01:30 PM) 826388526[/snapback]im pullin for ya forrest....i wanna see you guys at the substate...its a shame we didnt get to play all season....hopefully we can meet up though...good luck

Thanks and congratulations on your season. Good luck to you the rest of the way and who knows......we may meet again soon. We sure had some hard fought battles in the past.

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Feb 25 2007 - 12:07 PM) 826388361[/snapback]I'll make your day, Youngtower, if you guys can D-up on Shankle, maybe watch some Cascade game film so you'll know how to shut him down, I think ya'll have the edge Tuesday night. Congratulations on the win last night, it is nice to see an over-rated team win one every now and then

Like the time we beat yall...

QUOTE(silencekit @ Feb 25 2007 - 04:50 PM) 826388721[/snapback]Anyways..semifinals Tuesday at Eagleville..

Eagleville v.s. Forrest at 6:00

East Literature v.s. Nashville Christian at 7:30

What're everyone's thoughts?

I say Eagleville over forrest and East Literature over Nashville Christian. What ever happens I hope both games have good refs calling the game.

QUOTE(blueice712 @ Feb 25 2007 - 01:26 PM) 826388522[/snapback]Congrats to east lit you guys came ready to play and out hustled us on all ends of the floor. With the exception of a couple of players, Carkuf and Reed, we looked scared to play these guys. The officiating was a little questionable but only halfway through to 4th period when the game was already over. Other than that though it was a good called game, so I dont know what cascade11 is talking about. The biggest thing that hurt us is that we ran a zone all the way into the 4th quarter with East lit shooting lights out. We should have switched out of the zone at the half cause obviously it wasnt working at all. They were shooting uncontested shots all night. On the other hand when we were getting open looks we weren't taking them, except Carkuf and Reed.

I didn't say the refs called the game in EL's favor. I said the way they called the game favored EL. Those are two completely different statements. The crew missed calls both ways, I only meant that due to the fact that EL plays an extremely aggressive, attacking defense a crew which called a tighter game would of fouled out a couple of their players by halftime. #23 was slapping at the ball and more often than not catching arm but it was seldom called. Like I said even with a different crew the result quite possibly would of been the same. Their kids were ready to play and ours weren't. They got after the ball the entire game, we didn't. I wasn't attempting to make excuses, only stating what many others said who were at the game. Sorry you didn't see it that way, Blue, but fortunately, this is America and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Ya you are right. You guys were good enough to stop Corey and win the big game. I was there... And i congraduated you guys! Baker will not play at the next level though and if he does it won't be to good. He is thin as a rail and he has one move. If I were a coach and he were playing my team he wouldn't be posting up and shooting lob shots all game. Hall is the only player that could even think about going big.

QUOTE(fresh @ Feb 25 2007 - 06:05 PM) 826388987[/snapback]Ya you are right. You guys were good enough to stop Corey and win the big game. I was there... And i congraduated you guys! Baker will not play at the next level though and if he does it won't be to good. He is thin as a rail and he has one move. If I were a coach and he were playing my team he wouldn't be posting up and shooting lob shots all game. Hall is the only player that could even think about going big.

Baker is only a JUNIOR; Hall is only a JUNIOR. Both are better than your boy Shankle who by the way is a Senior. You say Baker is thin as nails???..He is just a big or "small" in your case, as your boy. And obviously that one move is really good because NO-ONE could really stop it. I guess it is good that you aren't a coach either because Baker does a good job a backing down guards and posting up. I would have him doing it more often because he is really good at it...ask Eagleville about it (District Consolation Game). Your boy is good and unlike what CASCADE11 thinks, I think he will play college ball somewhere although he probably won't play a post position. He isn't big enough to play post in college.