Allons Basketball Coach

bfan

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Overton County Fan @ Feb 21 2007 - 02:02 PM) 826383054[/snapback]Just heard the news myself. They play Rickman on Friday, who will coach them during their game?

I heard parents were not pleased. My be wrong though.

I also heard today that the Parents at Allons are not happy with her coaching, what a shame

not having good Middle School Coaches only means weak teams on the High School level. Good

Coaches are hard to find, Allons parents should know that from the boys teams, with Coach Melton

leaving. However maybe the parents will have a say in who comes in and they will all be happy HA HA HA!!!!

THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!! Not everyone is happy all the time anywhere. sometimes the grass looks

greener on the other side of the fence. Parents need to let the Coaches coach and the Players play or

get out. Hope everything works out for the HAWKS.

I also heard that she will finish the season and coach Friday night.

First, let me say Kathy Carr has done some great things with Allons basketball. She has a lot of great victories under her belt. I know her style of coaching doesn’t always settle well with other people. Some say she shouldn’t yell at these kids like she does but Kathy is a good coach… she knew that getting on to some kids makes them play harder & she knew that some kids couldn’t take it, it tears them down. All in all, as a coach, you can’t please everyone. As a fan & knowing Kathy, I always knew that she was looking out for the girls & winning at the same time.

Now on the other hand I heard things this week that really bothered me…I know better than to listen to gossip but I am hearing it from different people. I heard she took out her frustration (with the parents) on the girls. I hope it’s not true but if it is …I hope Kathy makes it right & leaves the right way. She has accomplished a lot as a ball coach over the years & has a lot to be proud of. I hope everything ends well so she can be remembered for the good not the bad.

I know Allons has good parents…some more vocal than others. I know personally how it is to have words with parents (over ball) that are my friends... but after the dust settles at the end of the day…they were still good people. As Fans & Parents everyone gets into the game & says stuff (some they mean & some they don’t). But Kathy knows how that is, to have a child that plays for someone else, you always want to do what benefits your child more.

QUOTE(Turnadouble @ Feb 22 2007 - 09:30 AM) 826384311[/snapback]First, let me say Kathy Carr has done some great things with Allons basketball. She has a lot of great victories under her belt. I know her style of coaching doesn’t always settle well with other people. Some say she shouldn’t yell at these kids like she does but Kathy is a good coach… she knew that getting on to some kids makes them play harder & she knew that some kids couldn’t take it, it tears them down. All in all, as a coach, you can’t please everyone. As a fan & knowing Kathy, I always knew that she was looking out for the girls & winning at the same time.

Now on the other hand I heard things this week that really bothered me…I know better than to listen to gossip but I am hearing it from different people. I heard she took out her frustration (with the parents) on the girls. I hope it’s not true but if it is …I hope Kathy makes it right & leaves the right way. She has accomplished a lot as a ball coach over the years & has a lot to be proud of. I hope everything ends well so she can be remembered for the good not the bad.

I know Allons has good parents…some more vocal than others. I know personally how it is to have words with parents (over ball) that are my friends... but after the dust settles at the end of the day…they were still good people. As Fans & Parents everyone gets into the game & says stuff (some they mean & some they don’t). But Kathy knows how that is, to have a child that plays for someone else, you always want to do what benefits your child more.

Iheard that parents and fans were yelling her NAME out and was telling her what to do, she had a hard time coaching because parents and fans thought she should do things different. Anyone who has ever coached knows that players have to listen to the coach and NOT their parents when on the field or on the court they can't listen to both, and if she told the girls that, I agree with her, KIDS CAN NOT LISTEN TO THEIR PARENTS WHEN THEY ARE PLAYING SPORTS UNLESS THE PARENTS ARE THE COACHS, BOTTON LINE. As a parent it is hard to set quitly sometimes, but it is a must.

I also heard from some of her parents that she has had a great deal

of support only a hand full really don't like her. Whats funny about that is their kids play and are good.

Its not parents who kids are not playing a lot strange.

A lot of gossip going around I guess.

Here is the 'rumor' that I heard this morning, so it is very possible that it is just that. A rumor.

I heard that a parent got mad at the Coach because his/her child didn't get selected to the All-Tournament team at one of the state tournaments that the girls go to, wasn't clear as to which one. After all of this it seemed like more got started and a select few of parents were yelling at the coach during a game. Like the post above says. So I assume it all started from there...? Selfishness or revenge maybe?

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Her style may be strange, but what I have seen from her she seems to do an above average job. Her teams seem to win quite often. She also has done a good thing for the county with her JR. Pro league that she has started up at the Allons School. Alot of students from several schools go to that. Will that still be on for next year? Because from what I heard that was her idea, so could she take that some where else?

If she moves, she will be taking her son with her probably. So, its not only the girls team that has been hurt in all this. I am glad that she is going to finish the year, its just too bad that she has to play Rickman again, she hasn't beat them all year, and I hope she doesn't do it now...haha

Best of luck to coach carr with whatever she decides to do.

QUOTE(bfan @ Feb 22 2007 - 01:00 PM) 826384611[/snapback]Iheard that parents and fans were yelling her NAME out and was telling her what to do, she had a hard time coaching because parents and fans thought she should do things different. Anyone who has ever coached knows that players have to listen to the coach and NOT their parents when on the field or on the court they can't listen to both, and if she told the girls that, I agree with her, KIDS CAN NOT LISTEN TO THEIR PARENTS WHEN THEY ARE PLAYING SPORTS UNLESS THE PARENTS ARE THE COACHS, BOTTON LINE. As a parent it is hard to set quitly sometimes, but it is a must.

I also heard from some of her parents that she has had a great deal

of support only a hand full really don't like her. Whats funny about that is their kids play and are good.

Its not parents who kids are not playing a lot strange.

A lot of gossip going around I guess.

In my humble opinion, yelling her name was out of line(if that really happened). Even worse to me, and I have witnessed it this year(not necessarily just in girls games), is people from the stands yelling PLAYERS names out. To criticize quietly is one thing but to publicly address KIDS(teenagers no less) is over the line. I don't know the situation with Coach Carr, but I do know parents' opinions of a coach is not always based on whether or not their kid is good or the amount of playing time they get. Lastly, if someone at Allons doesn't pick up the ball and run with the training league they will be losing a good thing.

QUOTE(Overton County Fan @ Feb 22 2007 - 01:37 PM) 826384656[/snapback]If she moves, she will be taking her son with her probably. So, its not only the girls team that has been hurt in all this. I am glad that she is going to finish the year, its just too bad that she has to play Rickman again, she hasn't beat them all year, and I hope she doesn't do it now...haha

Better watch out. I am sure Coach Carr will do her best to go out with a bang by winning the County Championship.

Best of luck to the Lady Hawks in their game tonight.

QUOTE(bubblegum99 @ Feb 22 2007 - 01:57 PM) 826384674[/snapback]In my humble opinion, yelling her name was out of line(if that really happened). Even worse to me, and I have witnessed it this year(not necessarily just in girls games), is people from the stands yelling PLAYERS names out. To criticize quietly is one thing but to publicly address KIDS(teenagers no less) is over the line. I don't know the situation with Coach Carr, but I do know parents' opinions of a coach is not always based on whether or not their kid is good or the amount of playing time they get. Lastly, if someone at Allons doesn't pick up the ball and run with the training league they will be losing a good thing.

I agree the training league has been great!

QUOTE(The General @ Feb 22 2007 - 10:48 PM) 826385379[/snapback]Coach Carr had her team ready and they played excellent. Chesney Hammock was unstopable.

Way to go Coach Carr. Hate to see you go. Congrats!

All right Coach Carr and the Lady Hawks, Congrats on a big VICTORY!!!!!!! Hope you go all the way

Wish you were staying Girls Basketball Needs YOU.

Congrats to Chesney Hammock on a big night wish I could have seen it.