Allons Basketball Coach

bfan

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a great victory for Allons!! They needed this…not only for the girls but also for Kathy. From what I hear… everyone was on last night! Allons played as a team with their coach behind them 100%(it is nice to see everything’s good).

Way to go Chezney …I heard you had a great night!! They told me she had 25 pts with 5 or 6 3's...NICE! I am kicking myself because I didn’t go to this game!!

GOOD Job Lady Hawks!!

QUOTE(bfan @ Feb 22 2007 - 01:00 PM) 826384611[/snapback]Iheard that parents and fans were yelling her NAME out and was telling her what to do, she had a hard time coaching because parents and fans thought she should do things different. Anyone who has ever coached knows that players have to listen to the coach and NOT their parents when on the field or on the court they can't listen to both, and if she told the girls that, I agree with her, KIDS CAN NOT LISTEN TO THEIR PARENTS WHEN THEY ARE PLAYING SPORTS UNLESS THE PARENTS ARE THE COACHS, BOTTON LINE. As a parent it is hard to set quitly sometimes, but it is a must.

I also heard from some of her parents that she has had a great deal

of support only a hand full really don't like her. Whats funny about that is their kids play and are good.

Its not parents who kids are not playing a lot strange.

A lot of gossip going around I guess.

If I'm not mistaken wasn’t the blow up at the game the other night with a bantam parent?? I heard today it was in the bantam game & it was bad…parents should never single a coach out! When I read this post I just assumed it was Varsity you were talking about. From what I’ve heard the Varsity parents haven’t said anything to Kathy…. they may talk to each other (like all parents do) but no one has said anything to Kathy.

QUOTE(Turnadouble @ Feb 23 2007 - 11:01 AM) 826385837[/snapback]If I'm not mistaken wasn’t the blow up at the game the other night with a bantam parent?? I heard today it was in the bantam game & it was bad…parents should never single a coach out! When I read this post I just assumed it was Varsity you were talking about. From what I’ve heard the Varsity parents haven’t said anything to Kathy…. they may talk to each other (like all parents do) but no one has said anything to Kathy.

I think those parents are of kids who are on varsity as well.

I think some 8th garde parents have been calling the coach and shcool personal.

What I have heard. And if it is bad in bantam now

then what does the coach have to look forward to for the next 3 years.

Allons made everything that they threw up last night. It was fun to watch. Rickman had a starter out, but with the way Allons was playing I doubt one player would have made a difference.

Seems pretty bad that those girls win the biggest game of their year so far and the parents act the way they do and run the coach off....

QUOTE(Overton County Fan @ Feb 23 2007 - 01:22 PM) 826386053[/snapback]Allons made everything that they threw up last night. It was fun to watch. Rickman had a starter out, but with the way Allons was playing I doubt one player would have made a difference.

Seems pretty bad that those girls win the biggest game of their year so far and the parents act the way they do and run the coach off....

I agree, they are on a roll & I hate to see it come to an end. Evidently I am in the dark about the parents running her off, I have no ideal what has happened. Some say it was parents’ yelling at her in a game others say it was parents fronting her about their kids...who knows. If all of this came about because of Parents, I think that is a shame.

I wish Kathy would reconsider her decision, she has done a lot for that school. I personal would like to see her stay.

Everyone needs to get behind Kathy & the girls & finish the year right!

QUOTE(bubblegum99 @ Feb 23 2007 - 01:39 PM) 826386079[/snapback]I'd say it wasn't too fun to watch if you were for Rickman. I've never enjoyed watching a team shoot well if I was for the other team.

I see where you are coming from, I would have much rather saw Rickman win but when it comes down to it, I am an even bigger fan of the sport itself and of the kids that play. I think that all people should be that way and that they should be proud of their opponents when they do will. (Especially since all these girls are going to play together some day.)

I'm big enough to say Allons played a great game, they deserved to win. We will get them next time.

I thought this would make everyone smile....

"Aint that a shame" - By: Cheap Trick

You made me cry when you said goodbye

Ain't that a shame?

My tears fell like rain

Ain't that a shame?

You're the one to blame

You broke my heart when you said we'll part

Ain't that a shame?

My tears fell like rain

Ain't that a shame?

You're the one to blame

Farewell, goodbye, although I'll cry

Ain't that a shame?

My tears fell like rain

Ain't that a shame?

You're the one to blame

You made me cry when you said goodbye

Ain't that a shame?

My tears fell like rain

Ain't that a shame?

You're the one to blame

Farewell, goodbye, although I'll cry

Ain't that a shame?

My tears fell like rain

Ain't that a shame?

QUOTE(Turnadouble @ Feb 23 2007 - 01:03 PM) 826386021[/snapback]I called one of the parents personally & asked him if he had said anything to the coach. He said nothing had been said to the coach. I think more than a couple parents called the principal about comments that had been made to their kids about "tell your parents this & this & if they don't like this". If you were a parent & you kid was tore up over stuff (parent coach problems) that had nothing to do with them would you have something to say about it?

This started out as parents acting out in a game & yelling at the coach was the problem. Now it is about what parents have to say about coaches. Every parent on that team has had something to say, some good, bad & ugly. We all know Coaches can't please everyone. You opened this subject up like you didn't know anything but it seems like you know alot. If you are trying to say something just say it.

You are right I did open it because I didn't know much then, however after the post I begin to hear things I was just sharing.

Sorry if I hit a nerve I didn't mean to.

I do have something to say Kathy Carr is hard working and a very good coach and she does have a support group. Good coaches are hard to find. So Kathy if you read Coach T hold your head up high and know that you will be missed.

QUOTE(Overton County Fan @ Feb 23 2007 - 01:22 PM) 826386053[/snapback]Allons made everything that they threw up last night. It was fun to watch. Rickman had a starter out, but with the way Allons was playing I doubt one player would have made a difference.

You are so right Overton Couny Fan. Wonder when they will realize what the School, Ball Team, Community, etc has lost.

Sad day in girls basketball.

My child has played for Kathy in another sport and she loved her as a coach and a person. She does and says what she has to to get the kids to do what they should be doing. I think she is a wonderful coach and person. She knows what she is doing coacing wish. It is a GREAT lose for elementary bball. GOOD LUCK TONIGHT KATHY!!!!!!!!!!!