Allons Basketball Coach

bfan

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bballjunky @ Feb 26 2007 - 02:06 PM) 826390153[/snapback]I am glad that Coach Carr finally won the County Championship. It only took her 4 players that should be freshmen in High School and one that should be in the 10th grade. I guess you have to do what you can do to get a win.

I think that is hilarious!! Are you that miserable in your little life that you have to get on here and put down teenage girls?? Two of these girls were held back because of grades when they were younger(not even playing ball) none of them should be in 10th. You know what...Keep sitting on the sideline & watching, it sounds like you have been doing for a while!

QUOTE(Turnadouble @ Feb 26 2007 - 02:24 PM) 826390181[/snapback]I think that is hilarious!! Are you that miserable in your little life that you have to get on here and put down teenage girls?? Two of these girls were held back because of grades when they were younger(not even playing ball) none of them should be in 10th. You know what...Keep sitting on the sideline & watching, it sounds like you have been doing for a while!

Good post double. Pretty slick doings by Coach Carr to have a player thay should be in the 10th grade. I guess somebody from Rickman should be checking birth certificates. For whatever reason, some people can't accept losing.

QUOTE(bubblegum99 @ Feb 26 2007 - 03:26 PM) 826390273[/snapback]Good post double. Pretty slick doings by Coach Carr to have a player thay should be in the 10th grade. I guess somebody from Rickman should be checking birth certificates. For whatever reason, some people can't accept losing.

I agree that people have a hard time accepting a defeat. I think its sad enough when we have parents acting like this at the game. Looks like after they cool down from a defeat they would be mature enough not to get on an internet site and pick on young kids because they are better than their own child. Sad, Sad, Sad..... The kids that normally get heldback normally do the best in highschool, academics as well.

Congratulations Coach Carr on winning the Girls Varsity Tournament. First time in 30 years. It's a shame that the parents are so jealous they have to take it out on the kids. I can't believe they get on here and talk bad about these girls. They are kids for goodness sake. We all need to be positive in what we say to our children about the other schools instead of bashing them and putting them down.

Competition is great as long as you aren't hurting other people. All this is going to do is divide and hurt the high school team. We need to be supporting each other. I hope all of you realize that we will all be going to the same high school and playing as 1 team. Grow up!!!

QUOTE(Overton County Fan @ Feb 26 2007 - 04:11 PM) 826390345[/snapback]I agree that people have a hard time accepting a defeat. I think its sad enough when we have parents acting like this at the game. Looks like after they cool down from a defeat they would be mature enough not to get on an internet site and pick on young kids because they are better than their own child. Sad, Sad, Sad..... The kids that normally get heldback normally do the best in highschool, academics as well.

Well said Overton. I agree with you completely.

QUOTE(bballjunky @ Feb 26 2007 - 02:06 PM) 826390153[/snapback]I am glad that Coach Carr finally won the County Championship. It only took her 4 players that should be freshmen in High School and one that should be in the 10th grade. I guess you have to do what you can do to get a win.

I wonder who you are....

Posted on: Feb 8 2007 - 05:15 AM

“I think that Ashley Matthews and Mandy Mendenhall are both very good player and both of these young ladies should be a candidate for Miss Basketball in AA. I don't think it would be fair to either one of them if they wasn't a candidate, both have work very hard, and both are very desiring of the award. If I had to pick one of them it would be Matthews, I have watched both play for a couple of years now and I just feel like Matthews is the overall better player. That not saying anything bad about Mendenhall that just a personal opinion. Good luck to both of the young ladies.”

Posted on: Jan 25 2007 - 07:25 AM

“To me the one that comes to mind after watching her play this year is Ashley Matthews from Livingston. She is most times double team and sometimes tripled team. I will bet you most coaches in 7 AA worry about stopping her more than anyone else. That because they know if we stop her then we win. That just what I see when I look for a MVP.”

Posted on: Oct 24 2006 - 06:04 AM

My pick for Miss Basketball in AA would be Ashley Matthews from Livingston Academy. She is a great person as well as a great team leader. I would put her up there with anyone. Good luck this year Ashley.

Posted on: Oct 4 2006 - 06:02 AM

I thing Ashley Matthews from Livingston Academy will make a run for Miss Basketball in AA. She had a great year last season. She lead her team to a Sub-State berth, averaging 24pts during tour. time. She was a member of the TSWA all state team last year.

Posted on: Mar 22 2006 - 09:16 AM

Well let take a minute and look at this statement. From the way I understand this post you think she was the reason they didn’t make it to the State. She shot too much and wasn’t a team player. So I guess you think they could have done better if she would have spent more time on the bench and less time on the floor. I think Coach Smith try that while she was a sophomore, and they got beat the first game of the district tournament. I think Ashley, as did a great job this year, in helping her team to go as far as they did. I also don't think Ashley did anything that wasn't asked of her form Coach Smith. What I really think of your post is that you are just another jealous person of a kid’s ability to perform and stand above the other competition. To Ashley I say good luck next year, because it as been a joy to watch you this year step up and become a team leader. Just remember you are just another great one in a list of many that has play on the hardwood for LA, I bet they had people that was jealous of them also.

Posted on: Mar 13 2006 - 01:33 PM

Ashley Matthews from Livingston Academy should be part of the All State team.

Posted on: Jan 3 2005 - 10:48 AM

I think LA will win if the number 10 has a good game. I don't know her name but she is a player. Last week was the first time I got to see LA play and I was impress with her floor present.

......as if you didn't get your point across Saturday in the gym by screaming that very same crap after the game! Now, it was obvious you didn't embarass yourself, but if the truth be known, you probably embarrased alot of people from your community, and rightfully so. Everyone of them might have been thinking that very same thing, but they were all grown up enough to keep those kinds of thoughts to themselves. Now, I am not going to comment on the "Holdem Back Strategy" that Allons has been tagged for in years past. Mainly, because it has happened alot for one reason or another. I only wanted everyone to know that this is one person and not the entire Rickman community. Time to find another alias!

Although that might be the very same guy, we don't know that it is. What if the guy you are accusing isn't him? What if it isn't even a guy? If thats the case then you could be giving the guy you think it is an even worse reputation than he has already earned.

I understand that what was said was wrong, but thats no reason to accuse other people of something you are not 100% sure about. Thats kinda like getting down to there level. IMO. Good research though.

Back to the topic I started.The conflict between Allons and Rickman should be another topic, that would go on forever.

Congrat's to Kathy Carr and her girls on the Winn in the Overton County Tourny.I am so happy for you and the girls.

Once again hate to see you leave girls basketball, but I wish you well in whatever you do and I am sure it will be a success.

QUOTE(Overton County Fan @ Feb 26 2007 - 11:41 PM) 826391213[/snapback]Although that might be the very same guy, we don't know that it is. What if the guy you are accusing isn't him? What if it isn't even a guy? If thats the case then you could be giving the guy you think it is an even worse reputation than he has already earned.

I understand that what was said was wrong, but thats no reason to accuse other people of something you are not 100% sure about. Thats kinda like getting down to there level. IMO. Good research though.

Overton, you are right, we don't know for sure. But I'll say this, it's either who I Love High School Football thinks it is or somebody that is obsessed with #10 from LA.

QUOTE(bballjunky @ Feb 27 2007 - 09:31 AM) 826391582[/snapback]First if Ashley read coach T. I would like to tell Ashley that I think she is a great player and I am sorry that her name got brought up here like this. My daughter and myself loves to watch you play and my child thinks you are great and yes I have posted things about you because I think you desire it, but that another story. I didn't hear what your father said after the game, but I was told what he said. I didn't think he was right in saying that either, but that not your fault. I do think that before you get on here and pinpoint some kid for what their dad said you should make sure that their dad is the one that is posting it. From what I was told he yell out after the game, he wasn't hiding behind no one, so why would he get on here and hide. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Why are you hiding who you are??? You said that "I didn't think he was right in saying that either" you just said the same thing. You said you are a big fan of Ashley's & Rickman,I bet they wished you hadn't opened your mouth because you are embarrassing a lot of people!! I know everyone says things when they are upset that they wish they could take back (we all have) but you don’t have an excuse because you have time to think about what you type before you hit post reply.

QUOTE(Turnadouble @ Feb 27 2007 - 09:43 AM) 826391603[/snapback]Why are you hiding who you are??? You said that "I didn't think he was right in saying that either" you just said the same thing. You said you are a big fan of Ashley's & Rickman,I bet they wished you hadn't opened your mouth because you are embarrassing a lot of people!! I know everyone says things when they are upset that they wish they could take back (we all have) but you don’t have an excuse because you have time to think about what you type before you hit post reply.

Turnadouble, I don't have to post anything, you are saying it all. Good work.