CAK

vols14

West scrimmaged them last night at West. They look like they are a better team than last year. They threw a 3 or 4 young guys, but I here the top three guys are pretty strong. They didn't look very strong at the plate. I am sure they will be fine. Super kids and a pretty intense coach. They have to where a pink helmet if they duck out of the way from a pitch instead of letting it hit them. One kid wore the pink helmet last night. Pretty tough.

This team has the potential to be one of the better in school history. The thing that they are lacking that previous teams had was raw power. Only Kolinsky and Collins have the power to really drive the ball out of the park. Kolinsky, BR. Smith and Cates all batted over .400 last season and should look to improve on that. The area that this team will need to improve on is leadership abilities. It has been clear cut in years past who the leaders of the team were and they took it upon themselves to get business done. It will be interesting to see who steps up and takes on that role this season. Look for Tarr to make a big impact on the mound. Its going to be an interesting season for the Warriors. They will end up second in the district, but i believe they will split with AC.

QUOTE(CoachLogan74 @ Feb 23 2007 - 02:19 PM) 826386048[/snapback]This team has the potential to be one of the better in school history. The thing that they are lacking that previous teams had was raw power. Only Kolinsky and Collins have the power to really drive the ball out of the park. Kolinsky, BR. Smith and Cates all batted over .400 last season and should look to improve on that. The area that this team will need to improve on is leadership abilities. It has been clear cut in years past who the leaders of the team were and they took it upon themselves to get business done. It will be interesting to see who steps up and takes on that role this season. Look for Tarr to make a big impact on the mound. Its going to be an interesting season for the Warriors. They will end up second in the district, but i believe they will split with AC.

I dont know where you got those stats. kolinsky has some power, yes, but collins didnt have a single homerun last year and kolinsky had only 2. Kolinsky batted around .360 last season which is not bad but needless to say, below .400. Cates batted well below .300 so I am completely confused as to where you saw that he batted above .400. the only correct stat seems to be Smith's who did bat at exactly .400 but on only 50 AB's. we'll see how strong CAK turns out this season, especially under a new coach.

CAK will be really strong this year.. My pick to win the district. AC will be good but lost some key players last year Catcher, SS, 3rd/Pitcher, and centerfielder.. Plus these guys hit all in the heart of their lineup.. With out these guys AC has alot to prove in my book. To me a team lives year to year..Last year is over and doesn't matter anymore. So AC has alot to prove..

QUOTE(Billy_Chapel @ Feb 26 2007 - 08:45 AM) 826389684[/snapback]CAK will be really strong this year.. My pick to win the district. AC will be good but lost some key players last year Catcher, SS, 3rd/Pitcher, and centerfielder.. Plus these guys hit all in the heart of their lineup.. With out these guys AC has alot to prove in my book. To me a team lives year to year..Last year is over and doesn't matter anymore. So AC has alot to prove..

I agree CAK will be good..But AC seems to have all their holes field from last year. Don't count them out so easily.

QUOTE(wskbaseball @ Feb 26 2007 - 12:43 AM) 826389573[/snapback]I dont know where you got those stats. kolinsky has some power, yes, but collins didnt have a single homerun last year and kolinsky had only 2. Kolinsky batted around .360 last season which is not bad but needless to say, below .400. Cates batted well below .300 so I am completely confused as to where you saw that he batted above .400. the only correct stat seems to be Smith's who did bat at exactly .400 but on only 50 AB's. we'll see how strong CAK turns out this season, especially under a new coach.

If you're looking at PrepXtra for your stats, they're all wrong. Collins did have a homerun last season, against Catholic in the District Tournament. He also had many near misses during the season. And Cates batted right at .300 (not well below) with many 2B's and 1 HR. Smith had around ten 2B's in around 60 AB's, not 50. So I'm not sure where you got YOUR stats. Additionally, CAK had to play mostly young players last year. All of those young players have experience from last year, and should be much better this year.