Best fields?

bob367

QUOTE(bob367 @ Feb 26 2007 - 09:27 PM) 826390722[/snapback]yeh farraguts, south doyle, gibbs, and webb has the nicest fields!! fultons and centrals is pitiful!!

I don't see how any field could be better than Farragut's, that thing is absolutely pristine. Coach Pharr and the players put A LOT of work into that field.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dobyns-Bennett, with a new fence going up(to replace the 30 year old wooden one), and in a couple of years the city of kingsport has approved of putting artificial grass on the football field/baseball field. I believe its just like the turf Arkansas and Louisville have on their field. Also new dirt has been put in the infield and brick dust will go on the warning track giving it a college like atmosphere.

QUOTE(BwAnG @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:57 PM) 826390990[/snapback]Dobyns-Bennett, with a new fence going up(to replace the 30 year old wooden one), and in a couple of years the city of kingsport has approved of putting artificial grass on the football field/baseball field. I believe its just like the turf Arkansas and Louisville have on their field. Also new dirt has been put in the infield and brick dust will go on the warning track giving it a college like atmosphere.

Agree with DB and Scince Hill is up there too

QUOTE(BwAnG @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:57 PM) 826390990[/snapback]Dobyns-Bennett, with a new fence going up(to replace the 30 year old wooden one), and in a couple of years the city of kingsport has approved of putting artificial grass on the football field/baseball field. I believe its just like the turf Arkansas and Louisville have on their field. Also new dirt has been put in the infield and brick dust will go on the warning track giving it a college like atmosphere.

Agree with DB and Scince Hill is up there too

QUOTE(bob367 @ Feb 25 2007 - 05:33 PM) 826388815[/snapback]who has the best field in the east?

#1VolsFan Posted Yesterday, 10:59 PM

maybe the place where the state tournement was played last year has the best field...oakland

BwAnG Posted Yesterday, 10:57 PM

Uhh, unless somehow Murfreesboro gets moved East, I don't think this answers the question.

QUOTE(easygoing7 @ Feb 27 2007 - 10:03 AM) 826391532[/snapback]anyone ever been to sherwood park at morristown east. by far the best field.

I hope you're kidding. That field, and what used to be a historic park, is now in shambles. The city Parks and Rec department have leveled to old bleachers, overhang, and press box, and replaced them with concrete. The field, though it has new grass, hasn't changed at all. There was no change in the foolishly bad slope from right to left field, and the sprinkler system was installed after the grass went down. People in Motown seem to be a bit lost on their park.