Crockett Co. vs. Dyer Co. Round IV

rebel_oc

QUOTE(JD64 @ Mar 2 2007 - 10:57 AM) 826396855[/snapback]"Brooks 12". There is no way that you can say that those refs last night didn't call that game straight down the middle. They made calls for both teams all night long. Dyer County got called on a lot of reach in fouls, which were fouls and Crockett County got called on a lot of fouls under the basket which were fouls, and a few charges, which were charges. It was the best officiated game that I have seen all year.

As for the play of the game, I think that the Jackson Sun may have gotten it wrong. The best play was definitely on a fast break when Ron Johnson made an unbelievable block on Justin Blake Without fouling! It was one of the best defensive plays ive seen in High School Basketball.

I'm with you on this...the refs were pretty fair...of course there were questionable calls both ways but overall I think they were pretty good...they musta been from Arkansas definately not from TN /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told by an eyewitness that at the conclusion of the game, a DC player went over to the CC fan bleacher area and made some unnice gestures to the fans. A group of neutral fans winthin that area was very surprised and shocked at the behavior. It caused some lost respect for the DC win by these indivciduals that had to wintness such behavior.

QUOTE(GHvolrebel @ Mar 2 2007 - 09:46 PM) 826397704[/snapback]I was told by an eyewitness that at the conclusion of the game, a DC player went over to the CC fan bleacher area and made some unnice gestures to the fans. A group of neutral fans winthin that area was very surprised and shocked at the behavior. It caused some lost respect for the DC win by these indivciduals that had to wintness such behavior.

I take it you are talking about a 16 year old player who was standing on that side of the court when time expired during a double overtime 1 point victory being overcome by emotion and running down the sideline pulling the front of his jersey up and pointing to the "Choctaws" proudly on the front and saying "number 1".

WOW.... how disrepectful!

How could he show such a lack of maturity? Those poor fans! I'm sure it ruined the fine show both teams put on for 2 hours. They probably lost sleep over being subjected to such a lack of class.

If that is all you can come up with to bash the Choctaws (or the Cavs) after such an exciting game, why mention it? You weren't even there. Did you lose respect too?

Go ahead and flame me, but to come on here and spout this (2nd hand account) of a 4 second incident after both teams played so hard, with so much heart and emotion is well..silly.

I agree, I was there. Great game with lots of emotions. I did not see anyone out of character, except maybe a few fans on both sides of the ball. The composure of both of these teams is unbelievable. They seem to never get rattled, especially the Johnsons.

QUOTE(JD64 @ Mar 2 2007 - 11:52 PM) 826397872[/snapback]I agree, I was there. Great game with lots of emotions. I did not see anyone out of character, except maybe a few fans on both sides of the ball. The composure of both of these teams is unbelievable. They seem to never get rattled, especially the Johnsons.

You can't really say both teams kept their composure because within the first 3 minutes of the games 1 player from each team started bumping chest and talking smack to the other and of course the guy from DC was pulled away by his team mates and then the student section from DC starts chanting "YOU GOT SCARED" lol..I thought that was pretty funny as the guy from Crockett was towering over the boy from DC..it seems to me as lots of people from Dyer Co. love to fight...earlier in the season when DC played at GC some DC students thought they were going be big and bad and jump some boys from GC out in the parking lot(and when I mean getting jumped I mean 6 DC boys to 3 GC boys)....anyhow the point of this post is...I lose respect for "SOME" of DC fans but the team has my respect for sure!!!..now jump on me DC people..the truth hurts..GOOD LUCK TO YOUR TEAM THOUGH!!!

Guest brooks_12

QUOTE(JD64 @ Mar 2 2007 - 10:57 AM) 826396855[/snapback]"Brooks 12". There is no way that you can say that those refs last night didn't call that game straight down the middle. They made calls for both teams all night long. Dyer County got called on a lot of reach in fouls, which were fouls and Crockett County got called on a lot of fouls under the basket which were fouls, and a few charges, which were charges. It was the best officiated game that I have seen all year.

As for the play of the game, I think that the Jackson Sun may have gotten it wrong. The best play was definitely on a fast break when Ron Johnson made an unbelievable block on Justin Blake Without fouling! It was one of the best defensive plays ive seen in High School Basketball.

i can say it and i did...just my opinion......in the first half there were a lot of questionable calls....

the ol refs figured out what that thing around there necks was....

just my opinion..

crockett "put a little elbow in it" if you know what i mean and got away with it many times i thought but hey its alright.

i thought that block was a foul....from were i was at it appeared that it was a foul

your entitled to your opinion, im entitled to mine..

"play of the game" usually is the play that wins most games that block didnt win the game for crockett.

Guest brooks_12

QUOTE(GHvolrebel @ Mar 2 2007 - 09:46 PM) 826397704[/snapback]I was told by an eyewitness that at the conclusion of the game, a DC player went over to the CC fan bleacher area and made some unnice gestures to the fans. A group of neutral fans winthin that area was very surprised and shocked at the behavior. It caused some lost respect for the DC win by these indivciduals that had to wintness such behavior.

well i wouold bet the kid was one who transferred last year from dyersburg or wherever else.

he was probably upset like i was over the sign crockett's student section held up that said

"Dyer County= Transfer in" or something like that..

i thought THAT was disrespectful..

just my opinion

there aint nothin wrong with transferring to another school for a good reason.

the kids supposedly didnt like dyersburg's coach. (thats another deal in of itself)

but anyway.....

good luck to both teams, disrespect or not

and "eyewitness"?

QUOTE(brooks_12 @ Mar 3 2007 - 07:39 PM) 826398620[/snapback]well i wouold bet the kid was one who transferred last year from dyersburg or wherever else.

he was probably upset like i was over the sign crockett's student section held up that said

"Dyer County= Transfer in" or something like that..

i thought THAT was disrespectful..

just my opinion

there aint nothin wrong with transferring to another school for a good reason.

the kids supposedly didnt like dyersburg's coach. (thats another deal in of itself)

but anyway.....

good luck to both teams, disrespect or not

and "eyewitness"?

Didn't see the sign from CC but thats pretty unsportsmanlike...however DC did start an STD chant so vice versa...just high school kids having fun I suppose..anyhow if Blake didn't get along with the DBurg coach I wouldn't blame him for transferring as I have now heard that Victor McLin might be making his way to Newbern HOWEVER if he does transfer to DC what would Victoria(his sister) do???? don't forget about the zoning rule.. where you must live in the area of the school... /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> any answers???

It's a shame you have to talk about what went on outside of the game and the refs instead of the AWESOME game that it was....I will be making my way to Dyer Co on Monday, and be looking foward to a very exciting game b/w BTW and DC. Also, Good Luck to Crockett Co as they hopefully will go into Memphis and beat Mitchell!!

QUOTE(treefitty74 @ Mar 4 2007 - 01:48 PM) 826399417[/snapback]It's a shame you have to talk about what went on outside of the game and the refs instead of the AWESOME game that it was....I will be making my way to Dyer Co on Monday, and be looking foward to a very exciting game b/w BTW and DC. Also, Good Luck to Crockett Co as they hopefully will go into Memphis and beat Mitchell!!

Everyone knows it was an awesome game..the refs IMO were some pretty good refs as I stated in an earlier post..

QUOTE(brooks_12 @ Mar 4 2007 - 02:53 PM) 826399477[/snapback]i have coach mccord for a teacher, and he said he keeps seeing victor after the games.

he says victor seems eager to talk to him, but as a coach, he cant do that.

what exactly does the zoning rule saty?

i know its like you must live in the zone to go to the school.

if you dont then you have to wait a year? is that it or does it go on further?

only there family knows what his siter would do.. she would be a great addition to dyer county if she did transfer , but i dont think he(victor) would transfer it being senior season and all..

it sure would be nice to have a guy of his height playing for us.. doesnt he also play football though?

there are a lot of rumors like that flying around about dyersburg, the coaching, and players and its a shame

as to the std thing, i was in on that. i own up to part of it..

i kept mentioning it to a buddy of mine over there all night..

yea we are a bunch of high school kids having fun...lol no hard feelings though.

You have to live in the area of Dyer Co. HS...in locations such as Newbern,Trimble, etc....in order for Victor to be able to attend school at DC and play ball for DC he would have to move to one of the areas around Newbern excluding Dyersburg as they have a high school