District 7-AAA

underrated27

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(yankeesfan811 @ Apr 4 2007 - 09:54 PM) 826430310[/snapback]Look for Lebanon to play Warren close tomorrow. It should be a very close game. I'll post a score tomorrow night.

Also, any update on the Keeper from Riverdale? He was injured in the game against Lebanon, is he out for the whole season. That is a shame, he was one of the best in the state I hear.

I agree, from what I hear Lebanon is showing up this year... it should be a great game

QUOTE(Whitey @ Apr 4 2007 - 07:55 AM) 826429548[/snapback]Thanks for posting the score and it is a shame you guys could not get in the last 4 minutes of the first half so I would count as a complete game. Who got the goals?

tony and cody...cody got his off of a naner corner kick

QUOTE(underrated27 @ Apr 5 2007 - 08:19 AM) 826430474[/snapback]Any stats or comments about this game.. I didn't hear anything about it

WC's first score came 15 minutes in the first half by a player who was about 10 yards offsides. The second goal came later in the first half when the player dribbled up to two defenders fell over the ball cradling it in his stomach rolled around with the ball, got up and crossed it after the Riverdale defender fell. The cross fell perfectly to a WC player who may have been offsides and who then was one on one with the goalie. Riverdales goal came in the second half after some nice passing and finishing. Riverdale played a great second half but could not finish against a 10(with goalie)-0-1 formation. I am not saying this to blame the game on referees. I am just calling it as I saw it. I am sure a WC parent saw it totally different. I will say that WC is a much improved team over last year and they put the effort in and I think Riverdale underestimated them. If anyone saw it differently, bring it.

Warren County 3

Lebanon 2

This was one of the hardest faught games I've ever played in. Warren played very physical, and they didn't like the calls against them when they were throwing shoulders. Lebanon came out strong and scored the first goal, but went to sleep until the end of the second half after that when they tied it up.

Warren County scored with 2 minutes left in the game. The ball hit the crossbar, then hit the post, and bounced out, but somehow it was counted as a goal. The whole purpose of rounded posts is if it bounces out, then it's not a goal....not rocket science.

Nonetheness, Lebanon and Warren both faught hard and played well. Good game.

Guest THEWALL07

QUOTE(yankeesfan811 @ Apr 5 2007 - 11:19 PM) 826431125[/snapback]Warren County 3

Lebanon 2

This was one of the hardest faught games I've ever played in. Warren played very physical, and they didn't like the calls against them when they were throwing shoulders. Lebanon came out strong and scored the first goal, but went to sleep until the end of the second half after that when they tied it up.

Warren County scored with 2 minutes left in the game. The ball hit the crossbar, then hit the post, and bounced out, but somehow it was counted as a goal. The whole purpose of rounded posts is if it bounces out, then it's not a goal....not rocket science.

Nonetheness, Lebanon and Warren both faught hard and played well. Good game.

Actually the the ball hit the inside of the post bouncing up into the top of the net(which are fairly tight) and bounced out. Meaning that WOULD be a goal.

QUOTE(underrated27 @ Apr 9 2007 - 07:47 AM) 826432817[/snapback]I know we have state and region rankings that are shown throughout the boards, does anyone know what the rankings for this particular district....

Here are the points and district win/loss records so far (Bear in mind that some teams have not played as many district games):

Warren County - 12 points - 4 and 0

Blackman - 6 points - 2 and 0

Cookeville - 6 points - 2 and 0

Siegel - 9 points - 3 and 1

Riverdale - 6 points - 2 and 1

Lebanon - 3 points - 1 and 3

Oakland - 3 points - 1 and 3

White County - 0 points - 0 and 7 (White County agrees to come in last place in district as they do not play all the teams in the district during the regular season.)