The 1600m

RunNaked

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Mar 4 2007 - 09:50 PM) 826399921[/snapback]I'm sure I could pull it in a small meet. Not at region or anything outside of our place.

interesting you should point that out. i have found that doing a 3200-4x800-1600 is a lot more effective in big meets due to the increase in heats. in small dual and triangular meets, you kill yourself because there is not enough recovery. something that might help you. at a lot of meets i tell bo to do a short workout where he runs the anchor 4x800, then the open 400, the open 800 and the 4x400. this is great for an easy meet and helps on speed work. maybe fingerle will let you do when you run somebody easy.

Well since I'm not running anything hard all of March except maybe only 1 event I'll have lots of time for speed work.

Fingerle doesn't handle distance in the spring. That belongs to the dad of former CCS runner Patrick Hall.

Two great workouts the past two days. It seems I have more speed then I ever thought I could have.

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Mar 6 2007 - 07:08 PM) 826402632[/snapback]Well since I'm not running anything hard all of March except maybe only 1 event I'll have lots of time for speed work.

Fingerle doesn't handle distance in the spring. That belongs to the dad of former CCS runner Patrick Hall.

Two great workouts the past two days. It seems I have more speed then I ever thought I could have.

That's great. We haven't gotten much speedwork done this week. We have two meets next week. Monday will be tough. Gibbs, CAK, Lenoir City, Carter, Karns, and Pigeon Forge. It will definitely be the ultimate test of what we are starting with. Thursday should be a cake walk with Pigeon Forge and Cocke Co. I'd say everyone will be doing just two events on that one. Good luck.

How's your girls 4x800 team looking?

What 4x8 team?

Seriously. We may not have one. At least until our 2 mid distance girls (both are new sophs) can do it. I don't think Duble wants to do 2 or 3 legs of the race.

We have a meet thursday verses the middle school. They will have handicaps.

I really hope I lose. And I hope I lose even if I try a little bit (I have the whole month of march to just chillax and not race but only a bit). That'll show our MSers are coming up strong.

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Mar 6 2007 - 10:25 PM) 826402943[/snapback]What 4x8 team?

Seriously. We may not have one. At least until our 2 mid distance girls (both are new sophs) can do it. I don't think Duble wants to do 2 or 3 legs of the race.

We have a meet thursday verses the middle school. They will have handicaps.

I really hope I lose. And I hope I lose even if I try a little bit (I have the whole month of march to just chillax and not race but only a bit). That'll show our MSers are coming up strong.

didn't you guys have a hella tight girls 4x8 last year. maybe i'm dreaming, but i swear i thought you did. and by the way, duble could probably run all four legs and go to state.

10:02. One of the girls isn't running track this year (the one that went 12:04 to be runner up in the 3200). She had always hated it all along. She's a beastly soccer player too.

Haha on Duble.

1 Christian Academy of Knoxville 'A' 9:47.76 10

2 Chattanooga Christian School 'A' 10:02.08 8

5 Notre Dame 'A' 10:15.15 4

7 Anderson County 'A' 10:27.37 2

All four of these are from East. I dunno if she could do that... but if she could... I hate it for the state. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Mar 7 2007 - 05:42 PM) 826403864[/snapback]10:02. One of the girls isn't running track this year (the one that went 12:04 to be runner up in the 3200). She had always hated it all along. She's a beastly soccer player too.

Haha on Duble.

1 Christian Academy of Knoxville 'A' 9:47.76 10

2 Chattanooga Christian School 'A' 10:02.08 8

5 Notre Dame 'A' 10:15.15 4

7 Anderson County 'A' 10:27.37 2

All four of these are from East. I dunno if she could do that... but if she could... I hate it for the state. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

East girls should be tough. CAK is hands down the team to watch. I think their team last year was all freshmen and sophomores. I hope my memory serves me incorrectly. Plus, that time is sick...I wish I had boys that could run that fast! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Just got back from a meet with Pigeon Forge, Cosby, and Cocke Co. GP won by 102 points (without completing the 300 hurdles, discus, or triple jump due to rain). Clabo only ran two events: the 1600 in 4:35 and anchor of 4x400, 3:57 (same team ran a 3:49 on Monday).

Things are coming together nicely for the highlanders.

Ryan Robertson won the shot with a throw of 43'5".

Bo Owens won the 3200 easily with an 11:22 and then went on to win the 400 in 56.12 and the 200 in 24.69 before running the 4x400.

These were the only 3 competitors we had at sectionals last year and finished 6th. Just wait until we are fully loaded.

Jeremy Jester is on track to be a strong contender in the high jump. 5'8" on Monday at Gibbs (I made him stop after he won at 5'2" today). He also won the 200 on Monday, beating Mitchell Moran from CAK(2nd at sectionals last year). He crashed on 110 hurdles today, so I made him call it quits for the day.

Our 4x800 team ran a 9:03 on Monday and Clabo rocked a 2:07 800.

I'm not trying to be like Elizabethton and talk trash, I just want everyone to be prepared.

Happy Running!

QUOTE(gphstrack @ Mar 15 2007 - 09:29 PM) 826413438[/snapback]Just got back from a meet with Pigeon Forge, Cosby, and Cocke Co. GP won by 102 points (without completing the 300 hurdles, discus, or triple jump due to rain). Clabo only ran two events: the 1600 in 4:35 and anchor of 4x400, 3:57 (same team ran a 3:49 on Monday).

Things are coming together nicely for the highlanders.

Ryan Robertson won the shot with a throw of 43'5".

Bo Owens won the 3200 easily with an 11:22 and then went on to win the 400 in 56.12 and the 200 in 24.69 before running the 4x400.

These were the only 3 competitors we had at sectionals last year and finished 6th. Just wait until we are fully loaded.

Jeremy Jester is on track to be a strong contender in the high jump. 5'8" on Monday at Gibbs (I made him stop after he won at 5'2" today). He also won the 200 on Monday, beating Mitchell Moran from CAK(2nd at sectionals last year). He crashed on 110 hurdles today, so I made him call it quits for the day.

Our 4x800 team ran a 9:03 on Monday and Clabo rocked a 2:07 800.

I'm not trying to be like Elizabethton and talk trash, I just want everyone to be prepared.

Happy Running!

I was impressed with how you all ran the other night. I was kinda hoping that Clabo would run the 3200 at Gibbs, I wanted my younger guys to see him run, but I'm sure they'll get more chances later this year. He looks really strong, I'll be rooting for him, as long as one of my guys isn't running against him of course. BTW Mitchell didn't run Monday, he was in NYC with the rest of the seniors, and the Juniors were in D.C.

QUOTE(Wareag1e @ Mar 15 2007 - 09:59 PM) 826413462[/snapback]I was impressed with how you all ran the other night. I was kinda hoping that Clabo would run the 3200 at Gibbs, I wanted my younger guys to see him run, but I'm sure they'll get more chances later this year. He looks really strong, I'll be rooting for him, as long as one of my guys isn't running against him of course. BTW Mitchell didn't run Monday, he was in NYC with the rest of the seniors, and the Juniors were in D.C.

Does he have a brother, because there was a Moran listed on the score sheet?

I'm glad to know you guys were holding back...I was worried for you. Especially in the girls 4x800.