Wartburg @ UH

patthemanager

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(superdaveosborne @ Mar 5 2007 - 01:08 AM) 826400075[/snapback]I can't see Wartburg winning this one. I'ld like to see them win it but University High has too much fire power. All the dogs have is Shannon!

I totally disagree. Nelson, Rogers, and Bunch can all hit their fair share of shots from behind the arc as well as jumpers. Thankfully, I can say that the Wartburg Bulldogs, and DJ Shannon, will both agree with me that there is no "I" in this team. It will take a major TEAM effort to win this ballgame and they're gonna be bringin it. Go BULLDOGS!!!

QUOTE(superdaveosborne @ Mar 4 2007 - 11:33 PM) 826400094[/snapback]I hope the Dogs win but I just feel that it's going to be very difficult! UH is big enough to negate much of Wartburg's advantage on that front.

The Dogs have their best team probably in the last 20 years. D.J. Shannon can start for about every team in East Tennessee no matter what class. Winstead compliments him by sticking putbacks. Nelson makes them go in my opinion because he is one tough kid. Bunch and Rogers are very good ballplayers and Brown is as good as defensively on the ball as anyone in Class A east of Nashville. Now Coach Layne is not a good game coach and everyone points their finger at him for our resurrection but Jeremy Shannon and D.J. Shannon took us out of the losers bracket and past mediocrity. Say what you want about their attitudes and the fact neither will probably play college ball, they are and were very good high school basketball players and our school should put up their pictures in the gym lobby for leading us into post season play.

QUOTE(BUCyouUP @ Mar 4 2007 - 10:12 PM) 826399956[/snapback]woodacre is about 6'0 160-175 lbs very toned, he's an all around amazing athelete, speed, strength, coordination, leaping ability, you name it aaron woodacre can do it and do it well, i say this as unbiasedly as i can. Woodacre plays hard defense is a great passer can take anyone off the dribble, go over a big man with a scoop or lob shot, step back for 3. If you watch him play you know who he is as soon as the ball is tipped he makes his presence known

Woodacre is a great kid. I had the opportunity to coach him during middle school and you could tell he was going to be a great ball player. He respects his coaches as well as his teammates. Plain and simple he is a player to look out for.

Now Coach Layne is not a good game coach and everyone points their finger at him for our resurrection but Jeremy Shannon and D.J. Shannon took us out of the losers bracket and past mediocrity. Say what you want about their attitudes and the fact neither will probably play college ball, they are and were very good high school basketball players and our school should put up their pictures in the gym lobby for leading us into post season play.

I have no doubt that the run the dogs have been on of late is very good but the two men that are the reason that the dogs are in contention are Joe Layne and Lyndell Goldston. People forget that prior to goldston the dogs were a door mat and were lucky to win 12 games in a season. During his time the program enjoyed success on the District Level, Layne has taken them to the point now where they are a regional power. I am not trying to take anything away from the Shannon boys at all! They've worked hard and are great ballplayers!

Layne is a good game coach Period!

Wartburg has the height advantage overall!

Bigdave's gameday prediction Wartburg by 3 in a very close game /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

The dog's overall size, speed, and hunger is too much for UH's boys!

Wartburg has played a much tougher schedule 40th 21-8

UH has played the 80th ranked schedule in A ball 27-8

I think Winstead, Rogers, Kidd, Bunch, and Nelson will provide a difficult situation for a team that will obviously be keying on DJ

Good Luck tonight boys wish I could be there to watch you! Lets take it to the boro!