3/30 @ Jasper 5 PM

4/5 Grundy 5 PM

4/6 @ Grundy 5 PM

4/10 @ Bledsoe 5 PM (D.H. 7+5)

4/10 Bledsoe 5 PM (D.H. 7+5)

4/19 Whitwell 5 PM (D.H. 7+5)

4/20 @ Whitwell 5 PM (D.H. 7+5)

5/7-12 SVC Tournament @ SP

We have non-conference games with LV (3/12, 3 PM (D.H. 7+5)), Boyd, Grace, DB and Temple including the last regular season game 5/5 with Temple at Engel Stadium. Non-conf schedule is not finalized and some games will be JV games.

SP should be much improved from last year when all but 1 starter was a 7th grader. We have a deep group of pitchers and enough talent to cover all 9 spots and a couple of kids have really improved their hitting. We scrimmage Grundy at home tommorrow at 11 AM.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(zonepirate @ Mar 2 2007 - 08:24 PM) 826397594[/snapback]SP's SVC Conference Schedule

3/15 @ Seq Co 5 PM

3/16 Seq Co 5 PM

3/29 Jasper 5 PM

3/30 @ Jasper 5 PM

4/5 Grundy 5 PM

4/6 @ Grundy 5 PM

4/10 @ Bledsoe 5 PM (D.H. 7+5)

4/10 Bledsoe 5 PM (D.H. 7+5)

4/19 Whitwell 5 PM (D.H. 7+5)

4/20 @ Whitwell 5 PM (D.H. 7+5)

5/7-12 SVC Tournament @ SP

We have non-conference games with LV (3/12, 3 PM (D.H. 7+5)), Boyd, CC, Grace, OLPH, DB and Temple including the last regular season game 5/5 with Temple at Engel Stadium. Non-conf schedule is not finalized and some games will be JV games.

SP should be much improved from last year when all but 1 starter was a 7th grader. We have a deep group of pitchers and enough talent to cover all 9 spots and a couple of kids have really improved their hitting. We scrimmage Grundy at home tommorrow at 11 AM.

I'm not sure what to expect from Bledsoe this year.... I haven't had the chance to talk to any of the parents...

QUOTE(Bledsoebtheboys @ Mar 3 2007 - 11:42 AM) 826398233[/snapback]I'm not sure what to expect from Bledsoe this year.... I haven't had the chance to talk to any of the parents...

Bledsoe always has a pretty good baseball team

We looked OK against Grundy. Since it was a scrimmage we pitched 7 different pitchers and they all threw OK. Hard to tell with just one innning. We made too many errors but nothing that can't be worked on. Hitting was surprising, it was definately a bright spot.

• 2 weeks later...

Bledsoe lost to Meigs 4-2 on 3/8 , then lost to Meigs 5-1 on 3/12, Game at Whitwell was rained out on 3/15, we played a doubleheader on 3/16 at Bledsoe and Bledsoe won the first game 11-6, Bledsoe won second game 11-4. Bledsoe plays Sequatchie on 3/20 at Bledsoe.

Anyone heard anything on Jasper vs Grundy or Sequatchie vs South Pitt.?

QUOTE(BledsoeBaseball @ Mar 17 2007 - 01:39 PM) 826415391[/snapback]Bledsoe lost to Meigs 4-2 on 3/8 , then lost to Meigs 5-1 on 3/12, Game at Whitwell was rained out on 3/15, we played a doubleheader on 3/16 at Bledsoe and Bledsoe won the first game 11-6, Bledsoe won second game 11-4. Bledsoe plays Sequatchie on 3/20 at Bledsoe.

Anyone heard anything on Jasper vs Grundy or Sequatchie vs South Pitt.?

We played Seq on 3/15 and the first 4 innings were in the rain (nobody else in the valley, baseball or softball, played). It was tied 4-4 at the end of 3 and our pitcher had a bad inning score 4 on walks/passed balls in the 4th. With the rain finally stopping in the bottom of the 4th inning the ump then decides at the top of the 5th that the game would be over after 5 because of "field conditions". After playing 4 innings in the rain the ump decides when Seq is up by 4 that the field is suddenly too wet. We scored 3 but came up short 7-8. They went though 3 pitchers and we were blasting their #3 and our #1 pitcher was coming in next. If the ump lets it go we win this one. Of course if the ump tells us earlier he is calling it in 5 we pull the pitcher in the 4th and put in our #1. We were hitting so well that we wanted him (a 7th grader) to work through it and gain some confidence. We hit the ball very well and I don't think Seq had but 2 hits all night. Most, if not all, of their runs were unearned off of walks/passed balls and almost all of ours were earned. The 3/16 game at SP was not played because the field was too wet.

Basically we lost our first 2 games but played well and hit really good. Both game scould have easily gone our way. Pitchers are a little inconsistant but improving

QUOTE(zonepirate @ Mar 18 2007 - 01:40 PM) 826416350[/snapback]On 3/12 lost to LV 8-5 in 9 innnings. Had them 5-3 at the top of the 7th and let them score 2 on an passed ball/error to tie it up. We won the 5 inning JV game 8-0. We have a good group of 7th graders coming up

We played Seq on 3/15 and the first 4 innings were in the rain (nobody else in the valley, baseball or softball, played). It was tied 4-4 at the end of 3 and our pitcher had a bad inning score 4 on walks/passed balls in the 4th. With the rain finally stopping in the bottom of the 4th inning the ump then decides at the top of the 5th that the game would be over after 5 because of "field conditions". After playing 4 innings in the rain the ump decides when Seq is up by 4 that the field is suddenly too wet. We scored 3 but came up short 7-8. They went though 3 pitchers and we were blasting their #3 and our #1 pitcher was coming in next. If the ump lets it go we win this one. Of course if the ump tells us earlier he is calling it in 5 we pull the pitcher in the 4th and put in our #1. We were hitting so well that we wanted him (a 7th grader) to work through it and gain some confidence. We hit the ball very well and I don't think Seq had but 2 hits all night. Most, if not all, of their runs were unearned off of walks/passed balls and almost all of ours were earned. The 3/16 game at SP was not played because the field was too wet.

Basically we lost our first 2 games but played well and hit really good. Both game scould have easily gone our way. Pitchers are a little inconsistant but improving

Sounds like we will see some good baseball this year in thevalley. Are you the coach? Heard anything about Grundy vs Jasper? We play Sequatchie this Tuesday.

QUOTE(BledsoeBaseball @ Mar 18 2007 - 05:33 PM) 826416556[/snapback]Sounds like we will see some good baseball this year in thevalley. Are you the coach? Heard anything about Grundy vs Jasper? We play Sequatchie this Tuesday.

Asst coach, you? Haven't heard anything, they may have been rained out?? We play our game with Seq that was rained out Fri at 5. To beat Seq you have hit decently (which we did) and have the pitchers get the ball across the plate (which we had mixed results with). The word is that Bledsoe is the team to beat this year. Let us know how you do against Seq. We are a much better team than last year and should be competitive with most teams.

QUOTE(zonepirate @ Mar 18 2007 - 05:40 PM) 826416610[/snapback]Asst coach, you? Haven't heard anything, they may have been rained out?? We play our game with Seq that was rained out Fri at 5. To beat Seq you have hit decently (which we did) and have the pitchers get the ball across the plate (which we had mixed results with). The word is that Bledsoe is the team to beat this year. Let us know how you do against Seq. We are a much better team than last year and should be competitive with most teams.

I am an assistant as well. As far as the team to beat, time will tell, I think the district as a whole will be much improved. Sequatchie and Jasper have been the class of the district every year and until someone proves it on the field, they still are. "to be the man you have to beat the man". We'll see how it goes Tuesday.

QUOTE(BledsoeBaseball @ Mar 19 2007 - 04:10 AM) 826417211[/snapback]I am an assistant as well. As far as the team to beat, time will tell, I think the district as a whole will be much improved. Sequatchie and Jasper have been the class of the district every year and until someone proves it on the field, they still are. "to be the man you have to beat the man". We'll see how it goes Tuesday.

IMO, Seq is not quite as good as they were last year. They had a bunch of 8th graders last year. I think Jasper will be off too. All their studs moved up to HS. I have seen this age group of kids playing all through LL so I have an idea of which teams should be tough and Bledsoe was always one of the better teams in this age group.

What does Bledsoe schedule look like? Can you post it?

QUOTE(zonepirate @ Mar 19 2007 - 07:59 AM) 826417337[/snapback]IMO, Seq is not quite as good as they were last year. They had a bunch of 8th graders last year. I think Jasper will be off too. All their studs moved up to HS. I have seen this age group of kids playing all through LL so I have an idea of which teams should be tough and Bledsoe was always one of the better teams in this age group.

What does Bledsoe schedule look like? Can you post it?

Sequatchie Co. - 10

Bledsoe Co. - 3

We scored 3 in the first inning did not hit the ball well at all after that, Sequatchie kept chipping away and broke it in one inning with 6 runs. Hats off to Sequatchie. Like I said, till someone beats them, Sequatchie and Jasper are the class of the district.

We'll try it again Thursday.

QUOTE(BledsoeBaseball @ Mar 20 2007 - 10:02 PM) 826418970[/snapback]Sequatchie Co. - 10

Bledsoe Co. - 3

We scored 3 in the first inning did not hit the ball well at all after that, Sequatchie kept chipping away and broke it in one inning with 6 runs. Hats off to Sequatchie. Like I said, till someone beats them, Sequatchie and Jasper are the class of the district.

We'll try it again Thursday.

Thanks for the score. I don't feel so bad about 8-7. Maybe Seq just had a bad game against us. Of course with this age group maybe you guys just had an off game. Let us know how Thursday goes. Maybe you can wear them down for our game on Friday

You hear anything about how Jasper is doing? We play them next week

QUOTE(zonepirate @ Mar 21 2007 - 06:09 AM) 826419146[/snapback]Thanks for the score. I don't feel so bad about 8-7. Maybe Seq just had a bad game against us. Of course with this age group maybe you guys just had an off game. Let us know how Thursday goes. Maybe you can wear them down for our game on Friday

You hear anything about how Jasper is doing? We play them next week

I haven't heard anything about anyone, except what is on this board. I'll update Thursday.