Drew Bennett

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other Titans news......

The Titans released Travis Henry to avoid paying out a $8.3 bonus due Monday.....

RB Chris Brown is an unrestricted free agent and not expected back.....

The Titans released TE Erron Kinney......

Other Titan players that will be able to sign with other teams as unrestricted free agents....

LB Coby Bockwoldt

QB Kerry Collins

DT Rein Long

S Donnie Nickey

LB Peter Sirmon

DT Robaire Smith

WR Bobby Wade

T Seth Wand

LB Lavar Woods

The Titans did agree to terms with G Justin Geisinger just prior to the start of free agency.....

Such is life in the NFL.....

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 3 2007 - 09:09 PM) 826398777[/snapback]Other Titans news......

The Titans released Travis Henry to avoid paying out a $8.3 bonus due Monday.....

RB Chris Brown is an unrestricted free agent and not expected back.....

The Titans released TE Erron Kinney......

Other Titan players that will be able to sign with other teams as unrestricted free agents....

LB Coby Bockwoldt

QB Kerry Collins

DT Rein Long

S Donnie Nickey

LB Peter Sirmon

DT Robaire Smith

WR Bobby Wade

T Seth Wand

LB Lavar Woods

The Titans did agree to terms with G Justin Geisinger just prior to the start of free agency.....

Such is life in the NFL.....

They should sigh Travis Henry back. They plan on it.

No we need a number 1 reciever and Drew isnt a number 1

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 3 2007 - 08:55 PM) 826398739[/snapback]Not since he dropped that pass in New England in the playoffs...He hasn't been the same since....

He hasn't been the same since Mason left for Baltimore. Mason was a legit number 1 threat and could take the punishment that came with it. Drew couldn't. He will thrive in St. Louis with the likes of Holt and Bruce.

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 3 2007 - 08:55 PM) 826398739[/snapback]Not since he dropped that pass in New England in the playoffs...He hasn't been the same since....

Thats the pass that keeps popping into my mind every time I think of Drew Bennett. Bennett was a good WR, but I don't thing its a big loss and I don't think he is worth 5 million a year. After that drop Bennett seemed like he couldn't even catch a cold. I don't know how many he's dropped after that one, but it has to be a whole heck of a lot more than before. Its almost as if he was one of the most sure-handed WR sbefore that drop and the exact opposite after.

I dont think this is a huge lose at all for the Titans, he is on the back end of his career and he was going to be a 3rd WR anyway and if someone wanted to give him $30 Mil over 6 years, great for him! I expected him to get tops round $18 Mil over 6 years with some incentives!

QUOTE(gotmilk? @ Mar 4 2007 - 10:21 AM) 826399208[/snapback]I dont think this is a huge lose at all for the Titans, he is on the back end of his career and he was going to be a 3rd WR anyway and if someone wanted to give him $30 Mil over 6 years, great for him! I expected him to get tops round $18 Mil over 6 years with some incentives!

An awful lot of money for someone who caught 49 passes last season.

QUOTE(Gerry Bertier @ Mar 4 2007 - 02:25 AM) 826399063[/snapback]He hasn't been the same since Mason left for Baltimore. Mason was a legit number 1 threat and could take the punishment that came with it. Drew couldn't. He will thrive in St. Louis with the likes of Holt and Bruce.

The Titans lost to the Patriots in Jan. of 2004...Mason didn't leave until Feb. of 2005.......

I agree he will do better in St.Louis.....And it isn't a big loss for the Titans

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 4 2007 - 11:47 AM) 826399300[/snapback]The Titans lost to the Patriots in Jan. of 2004...Mason didn't leave until Feb. of 2005.......

I agree he will do better in St.Louis.....And it isn't a big loss for the Titans

2004 stats (With Mason)- 80 catches 1247 yards 11 TDs

2005 stats (Without Mason)- 58 catches 738 yards 4 TDs

2006 stats (Without Mason)- 46 catches 737 yards 3 TDs

So as you can see the year after Mason left for Baltimore is when Drew started to struggle. Everyone's theory of Drew not being the same receiver after that drop in the playoffs is false as Drew had his best season as a pro after that playoff loss in January of 2004. When you lose your number 1 receiver and you put in a guy who is not a number 1 in that slot, he is going to struggle. Drew will do well in St. Louis and he is only 29 years old so 6 years would be about right.