AA STATE TOURNAMENT

timbdp

QUOTE(3pointer @ Mar 4 2007 - 08:05 PM) 826399855[/snapback]you see i just thought you were being a homer when you said upperman over NS

then i read where you say Austin East is a Dark Horse and now I think that the elevator may stop just a few floors from the top

NS and AE are your last two Silver Ball winners

AE two years ago and they still have their top two players on their team from back then, will beat Lipscomb easier than NS will beat Upperman

Ask your Upperman players what the 4th place 13AA team Obion did to them in a halloffame or playday game (cant remember which one it was) ........... Hint: it got ugly in a hurry like 20+ before half

NS spanked Obion last week

so for you to talk about the quality of teams NS has played just means y'all havent been to the big dance in so long you don't even know who's good anymore

but i'm done on this thread, and i won't even rub it in your face with an "I told you so" Thursday, because obviously you just haven't done your homework

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(3pointer @ Mar 4 2007 - 08:05 PM) 826399855[/snapback]you see i just thought you were being a homer when you said upperman over NS

then i read where you say Austin East is a Dark Horse and now I think that the elevator may stop just a few floors from the top

NS and AE are your last two Silver Ball winners

AE two years ago and they still have their top two players on their team from back then, will beat Lipscomb easier than NS will beat Upperman

Ask your Upperman players what the 4th place 13AA team Obion did to them in a halloffame or playday game (cant remember which one it was) ........... Hint: it got ugly in a hurry like 20+ before half

NS spanked Obion last week

so for you to talk about the quality of teams NS has played just means y'all havent been to the big dance in so long you don't even know who's good anymore

but i'm done on this thread, and i won't even rub it in your face with an "I told you so" Thursday, because obviously you just haven't done your homework

This is not a playday game this is real. Just b/c somebody wins a hall of fame game don't make them the best team in the state. If NS beats Upperman then they have beaten one of the best teams in the state. We'll see.

QUOTE(sdj38544 @ Mar 4 2007 - 08:27 PM) 826399885[/snapback]Upperman has not played Obion County this year. Their only losses were Shelbyville, Livingston, and

York with the flu sitting several in the last 2.

I think he's talking about 2 years ago in some tournament. I believe they beat a few teams up from this area and haven't gotten over it just yet. This is not the same Upperman team 2 yrs. back.

I just wonder what happen to his Dyersburg team. I guess when your team don't make the dance you have to come with someone else. Jump on the bandwagon 3 pt man.

QUOTE(58Indians22 @ Mar 4 2007 - 09:10 PM) 826399952[/snapback]Any fan from region 7AA is welcomed to jump on the North Side bandwagon. Since we are the strongest region in the state, the teams have great respect for each other. We welcome all of you with open arms and hope to have your support during the tournament.

If any fan from this region jumps on NS bandwagon then they must be a sore loser. Are you basing that strongest region on this year or last year or what ? Apparently you are saying that on this year b/c top to bottom the teams from this area have been more successful over the last 30 years than your teams. I would say LA has more Gold and Silver than all your teams combined.

But that was yesterday and has no meaning what so ever on this tournament. Who cares which region is this or that. I'm just trying to enjoy the success my team has had thus far, b/c nobody gave them much of a chance on getting out of the region much less making it to the state. I hope our team has that story book finish that the 2005 LA Football Team had on their way to the Gold Ball. Just win baby

I must have missed something here. I thought you went to the state tournament this year based on how you played this year. Stop living in the past. Region 7AA is the best in the state and we play hard against each other and have a lot of respect for each other. I know many fans of this region are supporting the North Side Lady Indians and hoping that we bring the Gold Ball home to the region.

QUOTE(Rocking Chair @ Mar 4 2007 - 02:40 PM) 826399465[/snapback]I don't believe I would just give the title to Northside just yet. They have to play Upperman who have been in the top 2 or 3 all year. Then the winner must face DL girls who have been very competitive the past several years or dark horse Austin East. I have heard about AE all year and here they are playing for a chance for the gold. In the other bracket LA and Marshall Co. are no strangers to this tournament. BTW to my knowledge is making their first apperance but have had a good season thus far. The team that I would lookout for is Stone Memorial. They are a new school about 2 yrs old from Cumberland Co. and they have been real impressive with their play. They beat Elizabethton last night and anybody that knows anything about that program knows that it wasn't an easy chore. Good luck to all teams and especially to LA.

This AA tourney has the makings to be a great one. I believe those who have been to Murphy Center before, have a slight advantage (i.e. Upperman from lower bracket, Livingston from upper) although the Northside team seems to be coming in with a head of steam. The Upperman- NS winner advances to face IMO "a wide-open" upper bracket advancee.

Secondly, Stone is brand new ( first year open), not about 2 yrs old. They do have alot of talent, especially on the perimeter and the old saying is Defense and "Guard Play" takes you farthest in the post-season. They could get on a run and make some noise, but I am just waiting to see how they handle their first ever trip to the 'Boro.

Congrats to all the teams that have made it to the Boro!!! It looks like it will be an exciting tournament, that anyone could win.

First Round:

Stone over Marshall

Livingston over B.T. Washington

Austin East over David Lipscomb

Upperman over North Side

2nd Round:

Stone over Livingston

Austin East over Upperman

Finals:

Stone over Austin East

QUOTE(dctigerfan07 @ Mar 5 2007 - 11:23 AM) 826400474[/snapback]I wont hand the gold ball to the Lady Bees yet but when i wacthed NS last year they couldnt seem to keep up witht the other team's speed. (It was hillsboro i THINK) And the Lady Bees play this exact same pace. I just dont think NS will be able to keep up and keep the turnovers down. Upperman by 5.

I am not quite sure what game you watched last year, but it was only a 1 point game with less than a minute to go. NS had to foul and it eventually ended with Hillcrest up by 5. It was a great Championship game. Just keep thinking that you have it all and if you come out on top after Thursday we say congrats and good luck. But the Lady Indians are for REAL.