AA STATE TOURNAMENT

timbdp

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mr chs93 @ Mar 5 2007 - 09:04 AM) 826400312[/snapback]This AA tourney has the makings to be a great one. I believe those who have been to Murphy Center before, have a slight advantage (i.e. Upperman from lower bracket, Livingston from upper) although the Northside team seems to be coming in with a head of steam. The Upperman- NS winner advances to face IMO "a wide-open" upper bracket advancee.

Secondly, Stone is brand new ( first year open), not about 2 yrs old. They do have alot of talent, especially on the perimeter and the old saying is Defense and "Guard Play" takes you farthest in the post-season. They could get on a run and make some noise, but I am just waiting to see how they handle their first ever trip to the 'Boro.

Excuse my ignorance on Stone. Of course I just missed it by 1 year.

I get the impression that your tying to make it sound like Stone's built this team from scratch. I know that coach Buck was at Cumberland Co. and now is at Stone. For the rest of the coaches I have no idea but I'm sure the majority of them came as well. The students came from somewhere I bet they also came from CCHS as well as some real good players did. Shoot who wouldn't want to play for a brand new school.

But in reality it cost millions to build a new school. And Stone's sports programs are expected to be successful right away. So far it has worked for basketball. We'll see how well it works out for the football program this fall.

Now that would really be something if Stone won the state in basketball it's first year to ever field a team. Good luck to your program.

QUOTE(Rocking Chair @ Mar 5 2007 - 02:40 PM) 826400722[/snapback]Excuse my ignorance on Stone. Of course I just missed it by 1 year.

I get the impression that your tying to make it sound like Stone's built this team from scratch. I know that coach Buck was at Cumberland Co. and now is at Stone. For the rest of the coaches I have no idea but I'm sure the majority of them came as well. The students came from somewhere I bet they also came from CCHS as well as some real good players did. Shoot who wouldn't want to play for a brand new school.

But in reality it cost millions to build a new school. And Stone's sports programs are expected to be successful right away. So far it has worked for basketball. We'll see how well it works out for the football program this fall.

Now that would really be something if Stone won the state in basketball it's first year to ever field a team. Good luck to your program.

Not ignorance on your not knowing history of Stone, it just shows how little respect Cumberland County has garnered through the years in basketball, and deservedly so. I also am not trying to tell anyone that this Stone team is from "scratch"

the truth is: it ismade up of about 80% of the CCHS girls team from the last two years. Both those years, CCHS advanced to Sub-state and no further. The point I was making is they are a very good team that has been on the cusp of going to the 'Boro, but now it has happened. They are making Cumberland County proud, but how will they respond to Murphy Center on first trip. I honestly can't tell you the last time a team from Cumberland County made it to the State Tourney, had to have been in the 60's if ever. And yes, it is the same Coach from CCHS guiding this Stone team also.

First of all, yes, the students did come mostly from CCHS because that was our only high school until this year. The county zoned for the new school and the only ones that came to Stone were those zoned to do so. Seniors did have a chance to stay at CCHS if they were zoned for Stone. Lastly, we are so proud of our Lady Panthers!!!! This is a first, according to my sources, for a Crossville ladies team! And yes, it would be something to win the state the first year!!!!

QUOTE(Go Panthers! @ Mar 5 2007 - 03:18 PM) 826400756[/snapback]First of all, yes, the students did come mostly from CCHS because that was our only high school until this year. The county zoned for the new school and the only ones that came to Stone were those zoned to do so. Seniors did have a chance to stay at CCHS if they were zoned for Stone. Lastly, we are so proud of our Lady Panthers!!!! This is a first, according to my sources, for a Crossville ladies team! And yes, it would be something to win the state the first year!!!!

No one and first of all not me has or ever will question why the kids who are playing are at Stone are there, but it seems to me that some from Stone, like yourself, are so Quick to make the point you made about the Zoning issue, why is that? I made no mention about zoning, just that this team is made up of mostly the CCHS 05/06 squad. I think it is great they made it over the hump to State ( being in AA has helped that become a reality). But it is like a few from Stone are real quick to establish a seperation of sorts from their "old school" with all the up-front defense of the zoning.

QUOTE(mr chs93 @ Mar 5 2007 - 03:12 PM) 826400753[/snapback]Not ignorance on your not knowing history of Stone, it just shows how little respect Cumberland County has garnered through the years in basketball, and deservedly so. I also am not trying to tell anyone that this Stone team is from "scratch"

the truth is: it ismade up of about 80% of the CCHS girls team from the last two years. Both those years, CCHS advanced to Sub-state and no further. The point I was making is they are a very good team that has been on the cusp of going to the 'Boro, but now it has happened. They are making Cumberland County proud, but how will they respond to Murphy Center on first trip. I honestly can't tell you the last time a team from Cumberland County made it to the State Tourney, had to have been in the 60's if ever. And yes, it is the same Coach from CCHS guiding this Stone team also.

Appreciate your honesty. But CCHS has always had a respected program to my knowledge. And I'm sure that Cumberland Co. needed 2 HS. I just wonder how long it will take for Stone to be overflowing and have to move up in class. I think the schools may reverse in enrollment.

Good luck to Stone in the tournament.

QUOTE(Rocking Chair @ Mar 5 2007 - 03:29 PM) 826400769[/snapback]Appreciate your honesty. But CCHS has always had a respected program to my knowledge. And I'm sure that Cumberland Co. needed 2 HS. I just wonder how long it will take for Stone to be overflowing and have to move up in class. I think the schools may reverse in enrollment.

Good luck to Stone in the tournament.

Yes CCHS was a good respected program, but when a school has never made a State appearance, that respect can only go so far. Being in the Upper Cumberland, even though in different classifications, Cumberland Co. in my opinion has always been overshadowed by C'range, York, LA, JC, Upperman, White Co. you know what I mean...Those who have State banners and State tradition in thier programs. Cumberland County is now in unchartered water now with Stone making it to the 'Boro.

Enrollment at Stone as far as I know is around 950, that is without a full Senior class. So when TSSAA readjusts, I would think they will be clearly over the 997 mark, that puts one into AAA. They had better take full advantage of the AA years, esp. since they go to the east side of the Plateau. Cumberland Co. needs three High schools, comparable to Putnam, to be consistently contending at the level Stone has achieved this year.

I apologize for this getting way off topic of the AA State Tournament...

QUOTE(repooc @ Mar 5 2007 - 06:30 PM) 826400919[/snapback]IMO throw the ball up at center court. Play ball. I support the Stone Panthers. Let the chips fall where they may. Enjoy it for what its worth. Win or lose its something all will remember the rest of their lives.

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...Im in. This is one of the best posts I read all day.

GO BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!

QUOTE(58Indians22 @ Mar 4 2007 - 01:21 PM) 826399337[/snapback]I'm sure that Upperman is in a relatively tough region, but facts are facts. Just as York who put them out of the state tournament in a very dominate way. Not only did region 7AA have 5 ranked teams this year, they have 2 Miss Basketball finalists, both very deserving of the award. Which unfortunately, it is probably going to be against them that they are from the same area and that the votes from around here will be split. You do not see many North Side fans on this site, we tend to do our talking on the court. North Side has unfinished business to take care of...so watch out.

Upperman played teams out of their region, teams that are considered good teams and beat them. Their region was also extremely tough. Jackson Northside may have won a lot of games but they did not play the competition that upperman has played. York had a dominate post player last year...hows she doing? Oh she started at Vanderbilt, I think they won the sec last night. There is no one at Northside who can compare. Northside should becareful about saying they will blow out upperman. Upperman has a great team. We heard the same hype about Mcnairy and Liberty Tech ..........where are they?

Spring Break about 8 months of it.....

QUOTE(shpshter93 @ Mar 5 2007 - 11:15 PM) 826401610[/snapback]York had a dominate post player last year...hows she doing? Oh she started at Vanderbilt, I think they won the sec last night.

No offense shpshter93, but you might want to check your facts out on this one. I'm pretty sure Brandi is at Middle but there is a lot I don't know.