AA STATE TOURNAMENT

timbdp

QUOTE(The Zone @ Mar 6 2007 - 10:01 PM) 826402989[/snapback]I do not know anything about Upperman's pressure but according to 101.5 the Lady Indians only average turning the ball over 4 times per game. IMO that is protecting the basketball.

Northside had 17 turnovers in the Upperman game. Thats pressure D!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Turtle @ Mar 6 2007 - 01:01 PM) 826402286[/snapback] I can't BELIEVE my EYES!! For the third year in a row, the Lady Roadrunners of Austin East makes it to the STATE and still not getting the RESPECT that they deserve! Well as the saying goes, the third time is the CHARM..

LET's GO AE, let these peeps know about the BALLERS from the EAST...

BALLIN'!

OK Turtle now we can focus on A.E. vs Upperman .

No offense but most already figured A.E. would get through D.L. and the Northside Upperman game was up in the air.

QUOTE(sdj38544 @ Mar 8 2007 - 06:11 PM) 826405328[/snapback]OK Turtle now we can focus on A.E. vs Upperman .

No offense but most already figured A.E. would get through D.L. and the Northside Upperman game was up in the air.

if it wasnt for the bad passing lipscomb had lipscomb would had put it on a.e..

but it was a good game all around. no complain

QUOTE(sdj38544 @ Mar 8 2007 - 06:11 PM) 826405328[/snapback]OK Turtle now we can focus on A.E. vs Upperman .

QUOTE(LipscombBall3r @ Mar 8 2007 - 06:15 PM) 826405331[/snapback]if it wasnt for the bad passing lipscomb had lipscomb would had put it on a.e..

Saw the game it was good. But in the votes A. E. was favored to win thats why the post thread focused more on the N.S. vs Upperman game. David Lipscomb won a lot of games and played on everyones level even though sometimes they were overlooked across the state. Mid-TN knew they were that good.

LADY BEES - Its time to DOUBLE 'D-UP'. I hope everyone got the jitters out today and that everyones A Game is on FIRE for match-up against A.E. I concur w/ DaCoach - 2007 State Champs/Upperman Lady Bees! Don't just STING 'EM, BUZZ 'EM, then STING 'EM. GOOOOO LADY BEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrads to Livingston Academy, Upperman, Austin-East, and Marshall for making it this far in the state tourny. I think it will be Livingston Academy over Marshall by 5 and Upperman over AE by 8 in the semi games, and in the state I am going with Livingston Academy LADY WILDCATS over the Upperman LADY BEES by 3. I think that Livingstons many trips to the borro in years past will help them win this game. Besides that can a team be beaten four times in one year by the same team. Upperman seems like they can play really well at home but not as well at other places, but i guess that goes for all teams. Livingston will have the advantage there because they are getting used to playing on the road. A point of interest i want to mention is that Upperman has a really good group of fans that seem to support their team really well. I felt about 3 inches tall after some of those games listening to your fans cheer. If it comes to these two teams everone better get there early if the want a seat it will be packed. GOOD LUCK AND GO HOGEYE.

ya know, the next time I say "hey, don't start til I get there!!", I mean BOTH TEAMS!!! Holy cow, I walked into the gym and we were down by 8 already.

Was glad to witness a hard fought Upperman win. Seems like a tough place to play. Those seats behind the basket are at a wierd angle and distance. Has to be an adjustment trying to judge those rims. Passed on a bunch of 8-10ft shots that could have opened this game up a bit also.

I really think this win had more to do with my "lucky shirt" than anything else.....hahahaha

Great job.

Wish I could be there for the rest of the weekend, but alas, I am back in MI for my daughters band concert Fri night. Ya'll will have to win without me!!

GO BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!

QUOTE(dctigerfan07 @ Mar 7 2007 - 12:18 PM) 826403483[/snapback]Livingston is probably the favorite if the winner of Upperman and NS gets upset. LA is a very tough team who can beat ANYBODY when they take the notion to.

It's amazing that you can be ranked #3, right behind Northside and Upperman, and not be given a chance to win it all. Congratulations Lady Roadrunners! You proved all the doubters wrong!!!

Austin-East Lady Roadrunners - 2007 AA State Champs

Oh by the way, Lakrystal Goss (#4 ), Shy Marsh (#22) and Symone Evans (#21) (all are juniors) are starters that will return for the 07-08 season. Mercedes Blair (#33) is another junior who saw significant playing time and could possibly move into the starting line-up. Antreece Taylor (#12) and Mercedes Smith (#45) are Freshmen who were major contributors and could move into the starting line-up. There are three more freshmen who, though they didn't see as much playing time as Taylor and Smith, are extremely talented and will be major contributors next season.

The future looks bright. There could very well be a repeat next year /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />