AA STATE TOURNAMENT

timbdp

Jax North Side played in one of the toughest Regions in the State, 7-AA. All four of the final teams have been ranked in the top 5 all year and when you add NS to the mix that makes for 5 teams. Obion, Milan, Westview, Dyersburg and then NS. So their level of competition has been very tough. If they continue to play as they have then they will be very tough to beat. They also have that very valuable weapon called State Tourney experience. This is their 4th straight appearance and the 6th in the last 7 years. They are also the State Runner-ups. They feel as though they have sometime to prove this year. Keep playing at your level and bring home that Gold ball this year. Good luck Lady Indians.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why 7-AA is the toughest AA district in the state...Livingston and Upperman are both in state, York went to state last year, Macon Co. is scrappy; beating Livingston once and going into overtime with Upperman, and Smith Co. has a Miss Basketball finalist in Kayci Ferris...Livingston and Upperman have been playing great competition all year, it's pretty much been constant pressure...throw in excellent coaching and that's why one of those teams should walk away champs.

QUOTE(NSIndian @ Mar 4 2007 - 11:07 AM) 826399263[/snapback]Jax North Side played in one of the toughest Regions in the State, 7-AA. All four of the final teams have been ranked in the top 5 all year and when you add NS to the mix that makes for 5 teams. Obion, Milan, Westview, Dyersburg and then NS. So their level of competition has been very tough. If they continue to play as they have then they will be very tough to beat. They also have that very valuable weapon called State Tourney experience. This is their 4th straight appearance and the 6th in the last 7 years. They are also the State Runner-ups. They feel as though they have sometime to prove this year. Keep playing at your level and bring home that Gold ball this year. Good luck Lady Indians.

The simple fact is this........Northside's post-season march has been extremely impressive and the poor folks from East and Middle TN will have NO answer for them. There is not a team left that matches up with them and that is a fact. The ONLY way to beat Northside is to get to their bench because there is somewhat of a drop-off in ability. They will play at any pace you dictate and do it well..........they should win the gold ball and if they do, they will have beaten the absolute best to do it.

Good luck to all the teams.....it should be an exciting state tournament. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'm sure that Upperman is in a relatively tough region, but facts are facts. Just as York who put them out of the state tournament in a very dominate way. Not only did region 7AA have 5 ranked teams this year, they have 2 Miss Basketball finalists, both very deserving of the award. Which unfortunately, it is probably going to be against them that they are from the same area and that the votes from around here will be split. You do not see many North Side fans on this site, we tend to do our talking on the court. North Side has unfinished business to take care of...so watch out.

I don't believe I would just give the title to Northside just yet. They have to play Upperman who have been in the top 2 or 3 all year. Then the winner must face DL girls who have been very competitive the past several years or dark horse Austin East. I have heard about AE all year and here they are playing for a chance for the gold. In the other bracket LA and Marshall Co. are no strangers to this tournament. BTW to my knowledge is making their first apperance but have had a good season thus far. The team that I would lookout for is Stone Memorial. They are a new school about 2 yrs old from Cumberland Co. and they have been real impressive with their play. They beat Elizabethton last night and anybody that knows anything about that program knows that it wasn't an easy chore. Good luck to all teams and especially to LA.

QUOTE(3pointer @ Mar 4 2007 - 12:48 PM) 826399364[/snapback]Northside

i'll actually be very surprised if they have a game in single digit margin

only way to beat them is they get in severe foul trouble

Well get ready for your big surprise! No way will they beat Upperman by 10, and I will be surprised somewhat if they beat them at all. I doubt Northside has played many teams of Upperman's caliber this year, but if they beat them, I would say they have a very good shot at the title.

I am going:

2nd round

Stone Memorial vs. Livingston

Upperman vs. David Lipscomb

Finals

Livingston vs. Upperman

Gold Ball Winner:

Livingston

Livingston will not lose to upperman 4 times. Especially in the finals of the state tournament. Ashley Matthews will make sure of that

I am betting that Northside beats Upperman........by alot!! Just wish I could be there to see it. Upperman having to play at a different location other than on home court will mess them up big time. Good luck to both teams cuz LA will be playing the winner. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(OldCatFan @ Mar 4 2007 - 04:35 PM) 826399571[/snapback]Well get ready for your big surprise! No way will they beat Upperman by 10, and I will be surprised somewhat if they beat them at all. I doubt Northside has played many teams of Upperman's caliber this year, but if they beat them, I would say they have a very good shot at the title.

I seriously doubt that Upperman has played a team of North Side's caliber. It will be a very interesting game.

you see i just thought you were being a homer when you said upperman over NS

then i read where you say Austin East is a Dark Horse and now I think that the elevator may stop just a few floors from the top

NS and AE are your last two Silver Ball winners

AE two years ago and they still have their top two players on their team from back then, will beat Lipscomb easier than NS will beat Upperman

Ask your Upperman players what the 4th place 13AA team Obion did to them in a halloffame or playday game (cant remember which one it was) ........... Hint: it got ugly in a hurry like 20+ before half

NS spanked Obion last week

so for you to talk about the quality of teams NS has played just means y'all havent been to the big dance in so long you don't even know who's good anymore

but i'm done on this thread, and i won't even rub it in your face with an "I told you so" Thursday, because obviously you just haven't done your homework