Travis Henry

I find this move a little more than strange. While you don't want to overpay; how about just paying a guy who was your leading rusher and really turned it around last year?

With all of the holes the Titans had to fill to begin with, they now have more holes, particularly on offense. If you draft a Lynch (a Chris Brown clone), you can't draft a top-flight corner or DE. If you draft a DE, what type of talent is there down in the draft for running back?

Jamal is Eddie Georged- too many hits and carries. Plus, I don't think his ankle and foot is any good, and he is terrible in the clubhouse.

Titans also lost a GREAT opportunity to bring in a guy that would reap benefits on the field, in the clubhouse, and off the field in Kevin Carter. And don't even think about bringing in that locker room cancer Dante' Stallworth!!!

Titans have eleven draft picks, but IMO, you don't need to get younger still if you're counting on so many draftees to stick on the roster.

JUST WHAT IS THE STRATEGY MR. NEW GENERAL MANAGER????? A worried nation (and team) is waiting for your- or your Head Coach's- response.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Mar 6 2007 - 09:10 AM) 826401920[/snapback]I find this move a little more than strange. While you don't want to overpay; how about just paying a guy who was your leading rusher and really turned it around last year?

With all of the holes the Titans had to fill to begin with, they now have more holes, particularly on offense. If you draft a Lynch (a Chris Brown clone), you can't draft a top-flight corner or DE. If you draft a DE, what type of talent is there down in the draft for running back?

Jamal is Eddie Georged- too many hits and carries. Plus, I don't think his ankle and foot is any good, and he is terrible in the clubhouse.

Titans also lost a GREAT opportunity to bring in a guy that would reap benefits on the field, in the clubhouse, and off the field in Kevin Carter. And don't even think about bringing in that locker room cancer Dante' Stallworth!!!

Titans have eleven draft picks, but IMO, you don't need to get younger still if you're counting on so many draftees to stick on the roster.

JUST WHAT IS THE STRATEGY MR. NEW GENERAL MANAGER????? A worried nation (and team) is waiting for your- or your Head Coach's- response.

I agree. Travis Henry looked great last year, why not just pay the man. It just seems to me that the Titans have more holes now than they did before. While other teams are bringing in big name free agents, we are busy resigning Kerry Collins.

QUOTE(montague1 @ Mar 6 2007 - 01:38 PM) 826402249[/snapback]I agree. Travis Henry looked great last year, why not just pay the man. It just seems to me that the Titans have more holes now than they did before. While other teams are bringing in big name free agents, we are busy resigning Kerry Collins.

Even though I know the replies I know this is about to generate, so save them....

I wonder if Henry's substance abuse problems history had has anything at all to do with him not being resigned?

The two strikes out of three can't be discounted. Maybe the Titan's know that he is one big night out from being suspended for a whole season. Maybe he got close a couple of times last year; I don't know for sure.

Whatever the situation, the Titan's had to know that Henry would go looking once they cut him, and that someone (maybe Jeff's good buddy Shanahan) would be looking for someone like Henry.

So if they had a strong idea they wouldn't be bringing him back, who were they planning on having as the #1 back????

Don't say they were going to roll the dice on LenDale. That makes no sense whatsoever.

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Mar 6 2007 - 08:45 PM) 826402878[/snapback]The two strikes out of three can't be discounted. Maybe the Titan's know that he is one big night out from being suspended for a whole season. Maybe he got close a couple of times last year; I don't know for sure.

Whatever the situation, the Titan's had to know that Henry would go looking once they cut him, and that someone (maybe Jeff's good buddy Shanahan) would be looking for someone like Henry.

So if they had a strong idea they wouldn't be bringing him back, who were they planning on having as the #1 back????

Don't say they were going to roll the dice on LenDale. That makes no sense whatsoever.

None at all.

Now you lose Bobby Wade for essentially pocket change. That makes your top two receivers and your top running back gone from an 8-8 team. I know Fisher loves this new pressure to be successful with what he has left on this team.

Did I miss the press conference where the Titan's said they were going to have to go through another roster purge again this year to give them more cap room in the future?

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ Mar 5 2007 - 07:37 AM) 826400220[/snapback]Lets see. (Jeff Fisher)- Let's keep Pac and get rid of the biggest part of our offense in Travis. I may have to burn all my Titans gear. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

This has become the norm for the way that the Titans management handles the players. Add in the Pacman junk and it really shows how the organization is being ran. I've lost all respect for them.

Jeff Fisher interview on 104.5FM this evening was interesting from his point of view.

Everyone should take a deep breath here and let the Titans play this thing out. It silly the money some of the teams are throwing around right now and overpaying for moderate free agents athletes.

Travis Henry is one smoke a way from being out a complete season. At 29, there is not too much left in the tank for a running back with a six year contract. He has his guaranteed $14M with Denver taking the risk that he will be playing. So be it.

If you look at past history of the Titans, high price free agents have been a dud. Please name me one high price free agent the Titans brought in that hasn't been a dud. I'm talking FREE AGENT, not trade for high price player like Kevin Carter.

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Mar 7 2007 - 08:14 PM) 826404104[/snapback]Travis Henry is one smoke a way from being out a complete season.

So is Donte Stallworth, but they are bringing him in this week for talks. Maybe Fisher had his best PR face on for the radio interview. Still makes no sense to me.