District 5AA

Lovethisgame

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Sweetwater and Boyd!!! Whoever wins the game between these two schools will win District 5-AA. Everyone else will beat each others brains out!! They are just above and beyond the rest of the schools with good pitching and hitting! Central was suppose to be pretty good, but Sweetwater beat them 10-0 yesterday!

So far it looks as though this district is more evenly balanced than ever before. Boyd is not going to just run over folks this year and I would definately have Sweetwater as the favorite. Boyd beat Meigs Tuesday 3-0 and 2 of their runs were unearned. Does anyone know who won the Sweetwater-Boyd game yesterday? That game should have a major bearing on who comes out on top.

QUOTE(MalcomXL @ Mar 29 2007 - 06:34 PM) 826426047[/snapback]Sweetwater and Boyd!!! Whoever wins the game between these two schools will win District 5-AA. Everyone else will beat each others brains out!! They are just above and beyond the rest of the schools with good pitching and hitting! Central was suppose to be pretty good, but Sweetwater beat them 10-0 yesterday!

Central SHOULD have a good team since all of their starters returned but so far they have not looked near as focused since their coaching change.

• 4 weeks later...

QUOTE(Mustang Fever @ Mar 30 2007 - 08:01 AM) 826426392[/snapback]So far it looks as though this district is more evenly balanced than ever before. Boyd is not going to just run over folks this year and I would definately have Sweetwater as the favorite. Boyd beat Meigs Tuesday 3-0 and 2 of their runs were unearned. Does anyone know who won the Sweetwater-Boyd game yesterday? That game should have a major bearing on who comes out on top.

Boyd won the game 4-3.....home run in 7th

I believe Boyd has a game next week ( Monday or Tuesday ) with Sequoyah. If Boyd wins that I think they win the district.

QUOTE(Softball Maven @ Apr 24 2007 - 08:23 AM) 826444042[/snapback]Boyd won the game 4-3.....home run in 7th

I believe Boyd has a game next week ( Monday or Tuesday ) with Sequoyah. If Boyd wins that I think they win the district.

Pretty sure that Boyd and McMinn Central are tied atop the 5AA standings with one district loss each. Central beat Boyd which would give the title to Central if they end up tied.

QUOTE(Mustang Fever @ Apr 24 2007 - 10:00 AM) 826444112[/snapback]Pretty sure that Boyd and McMinn Central are tied atop the 5AA standings with one district loss each. Central beat Boyd which would give the title to Central if they end up tied.

You are correct. Boyd has a game with Tyner next week and McMinn Central plays both Meigs and Polk County. If McMinn loses one of those then Boyd will win the district. If they win both, McMinn will be number 1 seed for tournament and Boyd number 2 and I believe Sweetwater number 3.