Bradley Central vs Maryville

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bradleybears2004 @ Mar 7 2007 - 06:49 AM) 826403138[/snapback]is Maryville fans out there?

Don"t worry they are way over rated. Don't believe me just ask Powell. Besides with Mr Basketball (Oglesby) and your two

big guys you should beat them easily. Good outside shooting will kill them like Powell. Don't think SH had any. Oglesby will carve them up and don't think they have anyone to guard him. Has anyone been able to guard him? Don't think they could beat you even if they added Lee Humphrey on their team /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I believe Maples will be able to guard TO as well as anyone this season. They did play before the season and it was dead even, but Maryville was without Maples and Douglas. Maxus showed his intelligence with his Johnson City predictions. This ought to be a great game. Both teams have size and Damron and Lambert know Ogelsby well from the Travelers. Both coaches know each other also......Maryville by 3...holding Oglesby to 27 and holding everyone else under double digits... difference makers will be Groothius and Basile.....

Maryville is "overrated"?????? How can they be overrrated when nobody has really said anything about them all year and they haven't been in the AP Top 10.

Maryville earned their state tourney berth fair and square. They have went 5-1 over their last six games with wins over Bearden, Farragut, Oak Ridge, Bearden, and Science Hill with the only loss being to Powell. That is a pretty strong resume if you ask me. I personally think the Powell loss was an aberration since that is the only game Maryville lost all year by double digits. By the same token, I think some of Powell's losses in the regular season ( Seymour, Catholic,etc.) were aberrations as well.

Chill, you are correct about Damron and Lambert being aware of Oglesby from the Travelers. However, they never played together since they were in different age groups. But they did see some of TO's scoring outbursts up close while traveling with the team so they definitely know all about his abilities. Of course, I think everyone knows what Terrance can do.

I think Maryville matches up fairly well with Bradley and it should be a great game. It really could go either way.

Maryville will not "wow" you like their football team, but they will compete. They have all of the parts;sometimes they just don't make a whole. They have size, quickness, shooting, and ball handling. Sometimes the chemistry is missing. When the equation is balanced correctly, however, they are tough to beat.

QUOTE(Norman Dale @ Mar 7 2007 - 08:03 AM) 826403166[/snapback]Maryville is "overrated"?????? How can they be overrrated when nobody has really said anything about them all year and they haven't been in the AP Top 10.

Maryville earned their state tourney berth fair and square. They have went 5-1 over their last six games with wins over Bearden, Farragut, Oak Ridge, Bearden, and Science Hill with the only loss being to Powell. That is a pretty strong resume if you ask me. I personally think the Powell loss was an aberration since that is the only game Maryville lost all year by double digits. By the same token, I think some of Powell's losses in the regular season ( Seymour, Catholic,etc.) were aberrations as well.

Chill, you are correct about Damron and Lambert being aware of Oglesby from the Travelers. However, they never played together since they were in different age groups. But they did see some of TO's scoring outbursts up close while traveling with the team so they definitely know all about his abilities. Of course, I think everyone knows what Terrance can do.

I think Maryville matches up fairly well with Bradley and it should be a great game. It really could go either way.

I hope all they worry about is T.O. ...Kyle and Kieth inside at 6'9 apiece.. So Maryville has two 6'9 posts?

QUOTE(volntn @ Mar 7 2007 - 03:08 PM) 826403710[/snapback]I hope all they worry about is T.O. ...Kyle and Kieth inside at 6'9 apiece.. So Maryville has two 6'9 posts?

Maryville has a 6-7 junior post, Aaron Douglas who starts and a 6-9 sophomore post, Jay Reynolds who plays in a reserve role.

I didn't say Maryville was just worried about TO. I am sure they are well aware of Dodd and Groothuis.

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Mar 7 2007 - 05:34 PM) 826403852[/snapback]So you're saying TO is going to drop at least 30?

The game is going to come down to post play. Maryville owned SHHS because the tallest post on the hill was 6'4". Bradley should be able to handle the inside with Dodd and Groothius. Oglesby will do Oglesby just like Wattad did Wattad... it is the REST OF THE GUYS that will make the diff. Bradley by 6. By even more if Groot and Keith can put up numbers and/or limit the effectiveness of the tight-end/center.

QUOTE(bradleybears2004 @ Mar 7 2007 - 10:54 AM) 826403461[/snapback]I just dont see this being a hard game for Bradley. im picking the bears by a score of 10 plus.

Just like i didnt think red bank would be anything for oakland. Just like i know bradly central wouldnt be either. Defence ='s championships. Yall dont play it. If you match up with a clarksville, whites creek or Oakland you will lose.