GLEASON VS JACKSON COUNTY!

jamieroper

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SportsWizard @ Mar 8 2007 - 05:29 PM) 826405285[/snapback]Looks like the Gleason fans are taking a page out of Devilfanatics page book from last year. Arrogance and all. Makes it easy to pull against them. A recommendation, do not lose. With your attitude, you will deserve what you get.

You need to look up the word HUMBLE in the dictionary.

As far as the winning percentage of the coach, who gives a crap? My coaches winning percentage on 3rd Saturday after blue moons is .945. You know what I think about that, who gives a crap?

How many state championships has he won? Anyone can beat up the ladies of the poor and build a great winning percentage. I will wait for the response. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

What ??? We will see today who is the superior Jackson Co or Gleason??? As for as arrogrance of blue devil fans?? We have 4 gold balls in AA division. Go big blue

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Mar 8 2007 - 06:45 PM) 826405365[/snapback]Hey Devil, where have you been? Your team is proving everyone wrong and kicking butt. Glad you are finally speaking out. I have had the pleasure of meeting some of your JC fans. 7AWatcher, Jimbo, and some others. Can't say I am unhappy to have missed you.. HA HA HA HA HA /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Just kidding.

Good luck to your team, devil. They are representing Jackson County well. Wish I could say we were there playing against you. But we are sitting home for the holidays.

Hey i know the feeling, as a coach of boys basketball i'm sitting at home with you! I am sure that this will be a good game and this team from Gleason from all that i hear is the real deal. They are definitely not one dimensional and you dont go 35-1 or whatever their record is and not be a great team. Jackson Co. will definitely have to bring their "A" game to be able to play with this team thats for sure. Before the season many buried the Lady Blue Devils after losing the big 6'9 girl to Smith Co. Saying there was no way they could get back to the buro' or even get out of the district, after such a huge loss. Now as everyone knows there was alot more talent on this team than anyone realized and it just goes to show you what determination and great coaching can do. Win, lose or draw these Ladies from Jackson County have given new definition to "team work" thats for sure! Forrest wore the "Cinderella Slipper" last year, could it be JC's turn to see if it fits this year? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

QUOTE(Wildcat 1970 @ Mar 9 2007 - 07:33 AM) 826405893[/snapback]Jackson County is tough and not one to overlook. Gleason won't be overlooking them, but they will have their hands full. Jackson County will win 43-39!

Wildcat 1970

I have Gleason winning 43-37.

QUOTE(ParisRiverRat @ Mar 9 2007 - 12:50 AM) 826405747[/snapback]Never lost on semi final Friday...

Neither has Jim Brown. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> His only 2 losses in the 'Boro have been in the 99 and 06 finals.

So looks like today, one of them will remain undefeated on semi final Friday and one will be going home with their first ever semi final loss.....

Pretty amazing for both coaches. I checked into Fraziers resume. In one word......Impressive.......500+ wins and a ridiculously high win percentage somewhere around 85% over 21 years. 2 State Championships. You don't do that if your a slouch. I dare say there are many good coaches out there who never get a trip to Murfreesboro in their whole career.

Brown's winning percentage is only around 65-67%, However......the bloke's less than 40 years old and has 4 championships and 350 wins coaching in perhaps the strongest area for girls hoops in Tennessee. His teams have been very, very, very good. And yes, after he lost a dominant low post player to Smith County, most folks didn't give his little squad a snowball's chance. Instead he adjusted his team to a peremiter oriented 3 point shooting offense and has taken them all the way to the state semi finals. It's rumored he turned down the oppurtunity to replace Ensel at Shelbyville a couple of seasons ago. He's extremely well respected and has had numerous players awarded college scholarships. I wonder how many coaches at high school or greater level in any sport have won 4 championships and 2 runners up before their 40th Birthday? My guess.......not very many......

Sounds like Kayla Hudson of Gleason is a great player. Hope she has a great career at Union. Should be an awsome game this afternoon.

BTW - what about those great games between Upperman and Jackson North Side, Austin East -& Lipscomb yesterday, don't you just love state tournament time /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />