Question.

Chill-Laxer

QUOTE(Chill-Laxer @ Mar 9 2007 - 11:32 AM) 826406164[/snapback]How bad will Ravenwood win the championship game?

That's awfully big talk after one win over an MUS team that lost a lot of talent off of last year's squad. We'll check back with you after spring break and see how confident you are then.

QUOTE(Chill-Laxer @ Mar 9 2007 - 11:32 AM) 826406164[/snapback]How bad will Ravenwood win the championship game?

Can you say....

2006 Regular season Ravenwood 7 - MBA 6

2006 Playoffs MBA 15 - Ravenwood 7

Nice win for Ravenwood, but they will have to keep improving to win Championship.

I believe that was MUS's first game and I have always heard the greatest improvement a team makes is from its first to second game.

I also doubt that "Chill-laxer" is a Ravenwood player.....

QUOTE(Chill-Laxer @ Mar 9 2007 - 05:41 PM) 826406578[/snapback]I am not a Ravenwood player. I am simply a fan of the game.

Let me rephrase that question:

What's the prediction on the Ravenwood v. Boy's Latin team? I hear Boy's Latin might give them a fight.

BL by 10+.

QUOTE(Chill-Laxer @ Mar 9 2007 - 05:41 PM) 826406578[/snapback]I am not a Ravenwood player. I am simply a fan of the game.

Let me rephrase that question:

What's the prediction on the Ravenwood v. Boy's Latin team? I hear Boy's Latin might give them a fight.

Talk about a one-sided fight. Were talking about arguably one of the country's best programs here. Ravenwood is really gonna get some good experience playing at a higher level. The players are gonna love the competition and I can guarantee you they will learn alot from this road trip.

yet...boys latin beng posted in the top 25 on the nation...

i think most teams from TN would have trouble competeing with that

but yet, you play to have fun, and playing teams that you know are better than you wont hurt you but will always make you better yourself and as a team

QUOTE(laxguy16 @ Mar 13 2007 - 03:55 PM) 826410485[/snapback]yet...boys latin beng posted in the top 25 on the nation...

i think most teams from TN would have trouble competeing with that

but yet, you play to have fun, and playing teams that you know are better than you wont hurt you but will always make you better yourself and as a team

just an interesting fact to add in i was talking with a ref before a game and he was talking about the teams from the NE area. he said that there are teams from this area could beat a good team up there but the thing that sets the two apart is the transistion game. he said most teams have it down to an art form and once the ball crosses the half line then the ball is gone most of the time resulting in a goal. maybe if ravenwood could figure out how to stop them from effectively clearing the ball and just play smart and minimize turnovers it could be a close game but they would also have to step up majorly on offensive because i bet not only are they quick on transistions but i bet their goalies are super quick too.

QUOTE(lax4life32 @ Mar 13 2007 - 07:47 PM) 826410650[/snapback]just an interesting fact to add in i was talking with a ref before a game and he was talking about the teams from the NE area. he said that there are teams from this area could beat a good team up there but the thing that sets the two apart is the transistion game. he said most teams have it down to an art form and once the ball crosses the half line then the ball is gone most of the time resulting in a goal. maybe if ravenwood could figure out how to stop them from effectively clearing the ball and just play smart and minimize turnovers it could be a close game but they would also have to step up majorly on offensive because i bet not only are they quick on transistions but i bet their goalies are super quick too.

Boys Latin is currently 2nd in the Nation currently behinf St.Albans, they play in the MIAA which is regarded as the most competitive high school conference in the nation, their big, fast, and the transition game in INSANE. there are videos all over the internet where you can see them play....ill be impressed if Ravenwood keeps it anywhere near respectable