Stanton Stevens resigns to coach track at ORHS?

Ole Dad

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the problem in the "virtual" world will never be solved, I took care of it on my end in the "real" world.

When someone would start bashing coach Stevens, or start rambling about booster money issues, I would pull out my recorder and simply ask: "Would you like to go on the record about this, maybe we can get something done?"

And the conversation would get changed ... but coach bashing is nothing new, it just shocks me knowing why some of them are actually doing the bashing.

Bounder -- my rib-making friend -- you are saying someone has to actually live here or come see firsthand to understand what is going on with the "demise" of the Oak Ridge football program? If that's the case ... I better not read one more negative post from my CoachT.com buddy from Florida. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(bounder @ Apr 13 2007 - 02:22 PM) 826436936[/snapback]I shouldn't respond to this but here goes: SirPettus you need to come up to the Atomic City and see for yourself, then make a decision about the status of Oak Ridge Football. This has been said many times before but maybe you just didn't see it The team that went to the State tournament was Coached by Stanton Stevens, however he assumed a team of 28 seniors that had worked their way to where they were with the help of other coaches. He brought a new offense but he still had a tailback that gained 2000 yards. And a proven quarterback,offensive and defensive line, secondaries, ect.

Probably with the team he inherited even you or I could have taken them to state. Well maybe not me cause I don't know anything about football!

And that's all I have to say about that!

Tank,

Your coach T buddy from Florida owns property there and actually comes there almost monthly and attends many games. So I guess I'm exempt from Bounder's comments.

Ole Dad

QUOTE(TankTalk @ Apr 18 2007 - 09:53 PM) 826440792[/snapback]Bounder -- my rib-making friend -- you are saying someone has to actually live here or come see firsthand to understand what is going on with the "demise" of the Oak Ridge football program? If that's the case ... I better not read one more negative post from my CoachT.com buddy from Florida. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Tank,

Your job is odd enough already! Ha Ha....I'll keep that in mind. Now, tell us about some sports stuff. I'm over Anna and Imus and can't bear to watch the tragedy at VT any longer. Lighten up the atmospheric pressure here a little.

Ole Dad

QUOTE(TankTalk @ Apr 19 2007 - 11:46 AM) 826441142[/snapback]Owns property ... need to hire anyone to look after it for you? I am always looking for odd jobs ... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

LOD,

I think the plan is to bring the Rib Shack to you. I think Bounder has an eye on a cooker to borrow down your way during the next few months and an excursion will be planned. Just a rumor right now.

Ole Dad

QUOTE(Lost Old Dad @ Apr 19 2007 - 12:17 PM) 826441166[/snapback]I just want to know if I have to buy property there to get some more of Bounders ribs? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Ole Dad @ Apr 19 2007 - 07:58 PM) 826441374[/snapback]LOD,

I think the plan is to bring the Rib Shack to you. I think Bounder has an eye on a cooker to borrow down your way during the next few months and an excursion will be planned. Just a rumor right now.

Ole Dad

Works for me! I would LOVE to see another Oak Ridge vs R'dale match up in the playoffs!

Evidently Stanton's plan is working with the track team. They just won a track meet in fine style. Congratulations to all involved.

Coach Stevens idea was to require all receivers, backs defense and offense to compele on the track team and it would enhance their speed...seems to be working. Hope the team work carries over to the football field.

Hey Tank ole buddy how come you didn't tell us this was going on?

To be honest, I thought it was common sense. I didn't know there was any "required" participation, but I just figured that he would use this as a way to get his skill position people some work on the track, to get faster, etc. And there are some big boys throwing the shotput and discuss around as well.

Just to tie some things together, from my point of view.

After reading, talking and plain old observing, I don't think things are as bad as them may seem. However, maybe they aren't as good as I think they "could" be either. I am very anxious to see the make-up of the coaching staff for football and the numbers that will be out come Monday. I also hope we start things up with the Oklahoma drill for like an hour!