Stanton Stevens resigns to coach track at ORHS?

Ole Dad

Tank,

Look forward to your recap on Monday after practice regarding number of players out and staff makeup. I suspect we all expect a big turnout.

Thanks,

Ole Dad

QUOTE(TankTalk @ Apr 19 2007 - 09:13 PM) 826441521[/snapback]To be honest, I thought it was common sense. I didn't know there was any "required" participation, but I just figured that he would use this as a way to get his skill position people some work on the track, to get faster, etc. And there are some big boys throwing the shotput and discuss around as well.

Just to tie some things together, from my point of view.

After reading, talking and plain old observing, I don't think things are as bad as them may seem. However, maybe they aren't as good as I think they "could" be either. I am very anxious to see the make-up of the coaching staff for football and the numbers that will be out come Monday. I also hope we start things up with the Oklahoma drill for like an hour!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TankTalk @ Apr 19 2007 - 10:13 PM) 826441521[/snapback]To be honest, I thought it was common sense. I didn't know there was any "required" participation, but I just figured that he would use this as a way to get his skill position people some work on the track, to get faster, etc. And there are some big boys throwing the shotput and discuss around as well.

Just to tie some things together, from my point of view.

After reading, talking and plain old observing, I don't think things are as bad as them may seem. However, maybe they aren't as good as I think they "could" be either. I am very anxious to see the make-up of the coaching staff for football and the numbers that will be out come Monday. I also hope we start things up with the Oklahoma drill for like an hour!

Let us know how Monday goes

Good Luck Oak Ridge, I saw a coach today at a tournament we played at OR for soccer, the cats are ready to work hard and rebound from an off year. I know there have been some concerns and criticism, but I think they'll have the right work ethic and attitude to bounce back and do well, if anyone overlooks OR this year, I think they'll pay. roll wildacats roll.

Good to know there is a buzz over the opening day of spring practice.......

Here are Tank's thoughts:

Oak Ridger

Here are mine:

There were about 75 players out for the first day of spring practice. The 2 quarterbacks, Irby and Clark looked good in their drills. I would have liked to have seen more consistency in the receivers, too many dropped passes. It looks like we might have some depth in the line as some of the underclassmen have really started growing. Everyone looked to be in good shape as they have worked hard in the off-season workouts. Running back seems to be a wide-position. There were many combinations of running back/full back tried yesterday. Anyone else feel free to chime in.

More Tank.....

Miner is focused and ready for 2007

Since there is nothing but good news coming out of spring practice, I assume that is why the forums are so quiet.... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Sounds like the Cats have had a good first week of spring practice. Really looking forward to the Powell scrimmage next Friday.

What?

I know there has been a game or two when stories have not got to my by the new deadlines, but you are saying the baseball team isn't getting good coverage? I mean, everyone is entitled to your opinion and perhaps our differences in the past sway yours, but Scott Monger has done a wonderful job of getting stories to me and thus, in the paper. There have been some really good photos of the team throughout the team, I took up a huge chunk of the page today with a special photo spread for the seniors.

What more do you think I should do for the on-going baseball season?

QUOTE(catback @ Apr 27 2007 - 11:41 AM) 826446908[/snapback]I just wish we could get the same coverage for the ON-GOING Baseball Wildcats Season.

QUOTE(TankTalk @ Apr 27 2007 - 01:33 PM) 826446958[/snapback]What?

I know there has been a game or two when stories have not got to my by the new deadlines, but you are saying the baseball team isn't getting good coverage? I mean, everyone is entitled to your opinion and it's obvious you don't care for me personally, but Scott Monger has done a wonderful job of getting stories to me and thus, in the paper. There have been some really good photos of the team throughout the team, I took up a huge chunk of the page today with a special photo spread for the seniors.

What more do you think I should do for the on-going baseball season?

he wants a bigger chunk

Maybe I just missed it, if so, thats my mistake, but I was looking for the results of the tournament that OR hosted this past weekend, the Monday edition had a picture from a game, and stated that the complete box-scores, and results would be in

Tuesdays paper.

Maybe some info about the JV baseball team,and how Oak Ridge did in the throw back game, played

at Farragut last night. I don't have any problem with the write-ups written by Scott, just like to see more of them. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Sounds like a 180 degree turnaround from all being reported. That's great news. I'm looking forward to August with wild anticipation for a great start to another state title run.

Ole Dad

QUOTE(boyfromsi @ Apr 27 2007 - 09:53 AM) 826446800[/snapback]More Tank.....

Miner is focused and ready for 2007

Since there is nothing but good news coming out of spring practice, I assume that is why the forums are so quiet.... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Sounds like the Cats have had a good first week of spring practice. Really looking forward to the Powell scrimmage next Friday.

I'm not saying 180 degrees yet, I'm anxious to see what will come out of the scrimmage this Friday. I can attest to a much more focused attitude by everyone this Spring.

QUOTE(Ole Dad @ Apr 30 2007 - 05:40 AM) 826448157[/snapback]Sounds like a 180 degree turnaround from all being reported. That's great news. I'm looking forward to August with wild anticipation for a great start to another state title run.

Ole Dad