Webb, MUS, Baylor, MBA, Or Mccallie? who has the better team?

soccer10

QUOTE(shims4 @ Apr 6 2007 - 02:23 PM) 826431405[/snapback]Webb's top 4 spots are always the same. Parks, Hatcher, and Crist don't lose to 5 and 6, maybe 4 once a year. To put in in other words I watched Hatcher beat Mackebee (playing 5 at the time) left handed.

shims, i dont know what you're talking about. I watched both mackabee and haydek beat crist earlier this season in practice.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SpartanTennis @ Apr 6 2007 - 06:34 PM) 826431592[/snapback]shims, i dont know what you're talking about. I watched both mackabee and haydek beat crist earlier this season in practice.

Cmon now SpartanTennis... You know the top 3 are better than 4 5 and 6. Just becausde they occasionally win once in a while doesn't mean they hold a candle. Think of it this way... if you had only 3 players to pick from our team, who would you choose... Parks, Taylor, and Tadd for sure.

QUOTE(Webb4 @ Apr 6 2007 - 06:41 PM) 826431596[/snapback]Cmon now SpartanTennis... You know the top 3 are better than 4 5 and 6. Just becausde they occasionally win once in a while doesn't mean they hold a candle. Think of it this way... if you had only 3 players to pick from our team, who would you choose... Parks, Taylor, and Tadd for sure.

I agree with you completely. I just don't think that the bottom half of the lineup is as far down as I've been reading on here.

Walling plays 4 because he beats the 5 and 6. Mackabee split sets with crist, he didn't actually beat him in practice. Haydek beat him 4,1. And.... walling, haydek, and mackabee have not gotten close to beating parks or hatcher so to say that the webb 4-6 is beating and splitting sets with the 1-3 is a tad off.

From someone not on the Webb team I will say that parks, tadd, and taylor are certainly on an upper tier compared to walling, haydek, and mackabee. Another thing, In regards to the 4-6 beating/splitting sets with the 1-3, I know that sometimes those 1-3 don't try their hardest in practice. This is obviously not good, but realistically it happens. Now, I'm not saying that its impossible for any of the 4-6 to split sets or even beat the 1-3 occasionally, but its not very likely if everyone is trying their hardest. Mackabee may think otherwise, but the line-up speaks for itself.

QUOTE(MaroonNation77 @ Apr 7 2007 - 01:00 PM) 826431879[/snapback]From someone not on the Webb team I will say that parks, tadd, and taylor are certainly on an upper tier compared to walling, haydek, and mackabee. Another thing, In regards to the 4-6 beating/splitting sets with the 1-3, I know that sometimes those 1-3 don't try their hardest in practice. This is obviously not good, but realistically it happens. Now, I'm not saying that its impossible for any of the 4-6 to split sets or even beat the 1-3 occasionally, but its not very likely if everyone is trying their hardest. Mackabee may think otherwise, but the line-up speaks for itself.

Our lineup is different, I think. Wishing is pretty solid at the one spot. Playing someone close in practice is different, though. The inferior player has nothing to lose and tends to play better against someone that is better than them. Our 2, 3, and 4 players are all around the same level, though. All can beat each other on a given day.

I'm not surprised that Mackabee split, I'm sure he was hitting out on the ball and playing with no pressure. Most people do well under those types of situations.

Let's quit arguing about the Webb lineup. The players are in their current positions for a reason. The only spots that are realistically up for grabs are 5 and 6. The topic is about the best DII teams. Baylor and Webb will come out of the east, MBA out of the middle, and MUS out of the west. Those are the only teams with realistic title hopes. However, so long as Baylor doesn't fall asleep at state, they will win.