true sportmanship

The Zon

tonight during the catholic/farragut jv game i witnessed some true sportmaniship. farragut was leading 2-1 about 7 minutes into the second half when they had a free kick. on this free kick the ball ended up in the back of the net but was called a goal kick. most everyone knew that it was a goal except for the one ref that called it back. a few minutes later the catholic coach told his keeper to put the ball in the goal. this made it 3-1 at that point. catolic scored at the 14th minute and thats how it finish 3-2. i now its not like it was for the state campionship but i still think that this was cery classy. now how many of teams wouldve done this?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Zon @ Mar 14 2007 - 07:46 PM) 826412055[/snapback]tonight during the catholic/farragut jv game i witnessed some true sportmaniship. farragut was leading 2-1 about 7 minutes into the second half when they had a free kick. on this free kick the ball ended up in the back of the net but was called a goal kick. most everyone knew that it was a goal except for the one ref that called it back. a few minutes later the catholic coach told his keeper to put the ball in the goal. this made it 3-1 at that point. catolic scored at the 14th minute and thats how it finish 3-2. i now its not like it was for the state campionship but i still think that this was cery classy. now how many of teams wouldve done this?

That is top shelf! Way to go Catholic!

QUOTE(ChipLay @ Mar 14 2007 - 10:13 PM) 826412282[/snapback]That's really great. This is the kind of thing that needs to happen more in high school soccer. Character and sportsmanship should matter more than winning. I hope more teams follow Catholic's example.

Did he put the ball in on the goal kick, or wait until play resumed?