Chris Leak

Yeah you know height is such a major factor in the NFL. I mean will someone tell Drew Brees that QBs that are right at 6' tall should not be in the NFL. I mean Brees had a terrible 2006 season. JP Losman, Rex Grossman, Marc Bulger-they can't do anything in the NFL because of their height either. Leak measured in at 5'11 7/12 in at the combine. Leak has the ability to make reads and progressions, something most college QB's do not have the ability to do. Leak has been able to adapt to a number of offenses. Leak played in the SEC and had success in a league that has a reputation of being the fastest in college football. Will Leak be a first day pick? No. Will Leak be successful as a pro? If his college career of adapting to different styles and overcoming adversity means anything then yes he will be a good pro.

The only thing height means for a QB is that if you are tall you see over the line, if you are shorter than you will have to look through passing lanes. Not that big of difference as long as you know your reads and study you film, something Leak is known to spend alot of time doing. I am not a Florida fan but you guys coming on here pretending to be some type of NFL scout is crazy. First, Leak will not be a WR in the NFL, especially with his 4.7 speed. Second, he will not be going to the CFL, and Third, he will be on an NFL opening day roster in 2007.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(gotmilk? @ Mar 16 2007 - 04:28 PM) 826414460[/snapback]Leak will be a second day pick and a glorified backup and with a little luck, he make get to start a few games in the NFL when the starter goes down! Leak has proved throughout his career that he gets rattled when the rush is on and he cannot stay in the pocket and make the throw!

I agree with most of that.

QUOTE(ERA @ Mar 14 2007 - 09:37 PM) 826412360[/snapback]He's not NFL material. He is a product of the system and will in no way make an impact in the NFL. At best, he may be a receiver. Florida gave him a gift.

Product of the SYSTEM?? I'm not saying Leak will be a great pro qb but that's what everyone said about Spurrier's quarterbacks.How is Leak the product of a "System"? The "spread" is predicated on the qb making multiple reads & throws. Sorry ERA but Leak gave Florida a "gift"...A National Championship!!

Leak will be a second day pick and a glorified backup and with a little luck, he make get to start a few games in the NFL when the starter goes down! Leak has proved throughout his career that he gets rattled when the rush is on and he cannot stay in the pocket and make the throw!

[/quote/]

Gets rattled? When?

Didn't get rattled much in the biggest game of his career.Stayed in the pocket & made enough throws to go 13-1 in his senior season & get a National Championship!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

THE SQUAD /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Guest dare_2_dream

I will admit he does seem to crumble once he gets knocked down a few times, but he always gets back up. He has the heart of a champion, and a ring to prove it. His mentality and work ethic will pick up where his talent leaves off, and he has quite a bit of talent...

Anything Chris achieves is now just iceing on the cake...

I hope he does well,he deserves it...

It's UT fans on here that are doing all the nay saying... Still thinking about the Peyton deal. Mad cause he couldn't win a national championship like Tee Martin or a Heisman like Danny Wuerffel or Charles Woodson!

He won a Super Bowl!!! Is that not enough to erase the Heisman" snub"?

FLORIDA GATORS 2006 BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

THE SQUAD /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(THE SQUAD @ Mar 17 2007 - 12:33 AM) 826415068[/snapback]Anything Chris achieves is now just iceing on the cake...

I hope he does well,he deserves it...

It's UT fans on here that are doing all the nay saying... Still thinking about the Peyton deal. Mad cause he couldn't win a national championship like Tee Martin or a Heisman like Danny Wuerffel or Charles Woodson!

He won a Super Bowl!!! Is that not enough to erase the Heisman" snub"?

FLORIDA GATORS 2006 BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

I am a UT fan giving praise to Leak. I love how no one has mentioned height being an issue since I mentioned the likes of Drew Brees and Marc Bulger. Any QB is going to panic under pressure. Peyton does it, it may take a little more pressure but he makes mistakes under pressure. You saw Brees do it in the NFC championship game, you see Brady do it as well. The thing those guys do is once they make a mistake, they get better and get right back out there. Leak has done the same thing. I am not saying Leak will be an NFL starter, but if Jason Campbell can do it, so can Leak.