Chris Leak

QUOTE(montague1 @ Mar 17 2007 - 04:36 AM) 826415125[/snapback]Marc Bulger is 6'3, whats his height have to do with anything.

All I know is that heights of player are padded throughout all of sport. I have stood side by side with Bulger and he is not taller than me and I am 6'1. So you can believe the stats they put down, I also remember the scouts saying Brady didn't have the arm strength to be a successful passer. Scouts can be wrong and I predict Leak will be a QB in the NFL. Like I said earlier if Jason Campbell can be a starter in the NFL than Leak can as well.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gerry Bertier @ Mar 17 2007 - 04:17 PM) 826415525[/snapback]All I know is that heights of player are padded throughout all of sport. I have stood side by side with Bulger and he is not taller than me and I am 6'1. So you can believe the stats they put down, I also remember the scouts saying Brady didn't have the arm strength to be a successful passer. Scouts can be wrong and I predict Leak will be a QB in the NFL. Like I said earlier if Jason Campbell can be a starter in the NFL than Leak can as well.

Height might be easier to measure than arm strength, but thats just me. The link you gave us has Bulger at 6'2 1/2. Don't get mad at me because your own evidence didn't back you up.

I never said Leak wouldn't get drafted, I think he will. He may get a start one day. I was just questioning why you brought up Bulger when he is almost 3 inches taller than Leak.

Leak's height will be a reason for a team not to take him until later in the draft. Any team who needs a QB will not look to his direction- he will be looked at as a backup only. While he does throw a pretty ball, his measurables on other throws (when compared to his peers) has him middle of the pack. Pro teams are not much different than colleges when they look at players- they look at measureables and slot players accordingly. He and Troy Smith will have to land in the perfect situation and really bust it to stick long-term with the pros.

College championships are no precursor to NFL success.

QUOTE(THE SQUAD @ Mar 17 2007 - 12:33 AM) 826415068[/snapback]Anything Chris achieves is now just iceing on the cake...

I hope he does well,he deserves it...

It's UT fans on here that are doing all the nay saying... Still thinking about the Peyton deal. Mad cause he couldn't win a national championship like Tee Martin or a Heisman like Danny Wuerffel or Charles Woodson!

He won a Super Bowl!!! Is that not enough to erase the Heisman" snub"?

FLORIDA GATORS 2006 BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

THE SQUAD /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

UT fans are not nay saying they simply noted that height is a factor. i also agree that height does not determine if a QB can do it in the NFL. I think Leak was a solid qb in college but he wont be an all pro or a starter out of college. Who is the one hating brining up national championships and the "heisman trophy"??? Who cares about the Heisman? I dont, obviously most winners of the award in the past 10 years have amounted to basically not much of anything. Who would you rather have Peyton or Charles Woodson on your team?? And dont start on the topic of NFL players because if we take a look at the gators on the offensive side of the ball there is not much there. The only player who was anything in the NFL was Emmitt Smith. Wuerffel was garbage as a pro and please name a wr who has does anything out of the ordinary in the pros from the university of florida?

QUOTE(THE SQUAD @ Mar 16 2007 - 10:37 PM) 826414830[/snapback][/quote/]

Gets rattled? When?

Didn't get rattled much in the biggest game of his career.Stayed in the pocket & made enough throws to go 13-1 in his senior season & get a National Championship!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

THE SQUAD /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Gets Rattled:

Miami

Tennessee

Ole Miss

Vandy

Kentucky

Florida St

Miami

Bama

LSU

Auburn is the only game he fell completely on his face, but TimTebow pulled his butt out of the fire about 3 or 4 other times! Had Tebow not been there, his record as a senoir would have been more like 9-4 with no SEC championship or National Title!

As far as the Title game goes, Leak had a good game, but the defense won that game!

So as a NFL prospect, well lets just see if he ever earns one of those shiny things on Peytons finger! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(TeRrAnCe_JaY21 @ Mar 19 2007 - 06:22 PM) 826417885[/snapback]Hight dont mean nothin! Look at Rex Grossman. I dont get it, if you can see over the line in college how come you cant in the NFL?

Dude, of you are going to use the short QB argument, come up with a better option than Grossman. Breese, Flutie, anybody but Grossman. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Gerry Bertier @ Mar 16 2007 - 03:04 PM) 826414297[/snapback]Yeah you know height is such a major factor in the NFL. I mean will someone tell Drew Brees that QBs that are right at 6' tall should not be in the NFL. I mean Brees had a terrible 2006 season. JP Losman, Rex Grossman, Marc Bulger-they can't do anything in the NFL because of their height either. Leak measured in at 5'11 7/12 in at the combine. Leak has the ability to make reads and progressions, something most college QB's do not have the ability to do. Leak has been able to adapt to a number of offenses. Leak played in the SEC and had success in a league that has a reputation of being the fastest in college football. Will Leak be a first day pick? No. Will Leak be successful as a pro? If his college career of adapting to different styles and overcoming adversity means anything then yes he will be a good pro.

The only thing height means for a QB is that if you are tall you see over the line, if you are shorter than you will have to look through passing lanes. Not that big of difference as long as you know your reads and study you film, something Leak is known to spend alot of time doing. I am not a Florida fan but you guys coming on here pretending to be some type of NFL scout is crazy. First, Leak will not be a WR in the NFL, especially with his 4.7 speed. Second, he will not be going to the CFL, and Third, he will be on an NFL opening day roster in 2007.

i agree with this 100% if REX at 6'0-6'2, and pudgy, with no muscle, and a weak arm, and bad decision making, not even mentioning slow can be a first round pick then why cant chris leak get drafted.......troy smith won every big game possible except that one game in the national championship and he is listed as the 7th or 8th ranked qb out of college.............WHY because he is short......WOW what a reason to not pick someone.....doug flutie had a nice career and drew brees is a all-pro.....what about brett favre and steve mcnair they arent exactly "tall" at 6'2 tony romo is short and so is mike vick............why do teams want big stiffs in the backfield......you shouldnt because you have to work to hard to get players to surround them so they can perform......just get the best player......trent edwards, kevin kolb and tyler palco are not better than chris leak and troy smith

If Leak cannot make it as a full time QB, he will need to work on his "Slash" ability to stick with one of the teams. College QB moves to other positions in the Pro's just to make the club. If Leak is determine to be only a QB, he will not make it to the start of regular season. This is why Leak needs to look at other position like the RB. If the pro's proclaim it which it already has done, he better work on his other skills to make it with a team.

Height, speed, arm strength, all of the other measureables are important because you are talking money here. Teams will not invest a precious high draft choice on someone who doesn't have the measureables. He is at best, a late first day/second day pick. He is worth about 200-300K as a prospective Pro. The ONLY way he slides further up the draft board is more due to the fact he is part of a shallow QB class.