Clarksville vs. Maryville

Clkshighfan

QUOTE(Golfendude @ Mar 17 2007 - 10:03 PM) 826415785[/snapback]Yeah i wore the screaming eagle and father did and my father in law as well both CMSM and have the heavenly Master Blasters now. Sounds like you have a problem with race dude. And whats what your point AH. Like your a rigger . whats a T10 how old is it ?

Congrats Maryville.

Like U, my dad was a CSM and MB and stationed at Ft Campbell 3 X and I was there from 89-95. I had the privilege to serve with the 327th and 5th GRP while I was there. Only color I know is green! If U want to compare bunny badges or awards, U can email me.

But I did hear folks around me last night commit on the number of white kids Maryville had on the team and how unusual it was for a team like that to be in the Championship game.

I just could not understand why other folks on the board didn't give Maryville a chance. I could only see one reason. I'm not afraid to state the obvious or what other's have said or think.

Not big on the race thing there are good folks and bad folks. Hard to be around the Military your entire life, go to war with your band of brothers and not think that way. Those who like to accuse others of race hate usually have their on issues and need to look in the mirrow.

T-10 please give me a good one. I'm a MC1-series man. Only the duds had to use the T-10. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I will remember always that the other man's life is as dear to him as mine is to me.

I will never resort to guesswork, as I know that chance is a fool's gold and that I, a rigger, cannot depend on it.

I will never pass over any defect, nor neglect any repair, no matter how small, as I know that omissions and mistakes in the rigging of a parachute may cost a life.

I will keep all parachute equipment entrusted to my care in the best possible condition, remembering always that little things left undone cause major troubles.

I will never sign my name to a parachute inspection or packing certificate unless I have personally performed or directly supervised every step, and am entirely satisfied with all the work.

I will never let the idea that a piece of work is "good enough" make me a potential murderer through a careless mistake or oversight, for I know there can be no compromise with perfection.

I will keep always a wholehearted respect for my vocation, regarding it as a high profession rather than a day-to-day task, and will keep in mind constantly my grave responsibility.

I will be sure-always!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(PowellFan @ Mar 18 2007 - 12:05 AM) 826415972[/snapback]I just love that fact, that Maryville and East TN guys arent on here saying how bad they are gonna win and show up. But yet A east tn team and one that deffinatly deserves it brings it back to the East.

If you read what I said earlier, Maples and Douglas can handle the pressure and The tired legs did get to Clarksville.

PowellFan, you are one of the classiest on here. Where is MaxusHRking, CobraFan90, etc., etc., now? In hiding? All the Science Hill, Bradley Central, Whites Creek, and Clarksville fans who talked so much smack, aren't you a little embarassed? I am embarrassed for you. The Maryville basketball team and coaches are a class act as are MOST of the fans. I am so proud of our team for never giving up when very few thought we would EVER get to state, much less win it. WAY TO GO REBELS!!!!!!!

QUOTE(23hoops @ Mar 18 2007 - 10:06 AM) 826416173[/snapback]PowellFan, you are one of the classiest on here. Where is MaxusHRking, CobraFan90, etc., etc., now? In hiding? All the Science Hill, Bradley Central, Whites Creek, and Clarksville fans who talked so much smack, aren't you a little embarassed? I am embarrassed for you. The Maryville basketball team and coaches are a class act as are MOST of the fans. I am so proud of our team for never giving up when very few thought we would EVER get to state, much less win it. WAY TO GO REBELS!!!!!!!

I eat my words. Hats off to Maryville they deserved to win based on what I saw of the championship game. Some of the foul calls on Basile and Maples were terrible. Seems like they were targeted much like Omar was in the Science Hill game. So much for the TSSAA. Once Basile fouled out Clarksville made their run. Not having Maples and Basile in there at the end/OT and in foul trouble changed the game. Clarkville didn't stand a chance with them in there.

Based on that , don't think Maryville will be the same team next year ,without those two defensively.Unless someone transfers in or is recruited? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> That point guard in the second game from Liberty is what a point guard is all about. Maples is an incredible athlete and look forward to seeing what he can do for the Vols. He has to be one of the greatest all around athletes ever in East Tennessee history.

Now there you see I ate some humble pie...was that classy?

T-10 please give me a good one. I'm a MC1-series man. Only the duds had to use the T-10. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

That's all we duds had back in 70 . You must be new school.. All The Way.

Surprised you did not root for CHS flying that Eagle. Was a good game we lost maybe next year.

QUOTE(MaxusHRKing @ Mar 18 2007 - 02:03 PM) 826416320[/snapback]I eat my words. Hats off to Maryville they deserved to win based on what I saw of the championship game. Some of the foul calls on Basile and Maples were terrible. Seems like they were targeted much like Omar was in the Science Hill game. So much for the TSSAA. Once Basile fouled out Clarksville made their run. Not having Maples and Basile in there at the end/OT and in foul trouble changed the game. Clarkville didn't stand a chance with them in there.

Based on that , don't think Maryville will be the same team next year ,without those two defensively.Unless someone transfers in or is recruited? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> That point guard in the second game from Liberty is what a point guard is all about. Maples is an incredible athlete and look forward to seeing what he can do for the Vols. He has to be one of the greatest all around athletes ever in East Tennessee history.

Now there you see I ate some humble pie...was that classy?

To early to worry about next year or who we might or might not have. I think that we have a post player that is 6'11' and a wing that is 6'9" that might be moving to Maryville this summer.

QUOTE(Rebel9 @ Mar 18 2007 - 03:07 PM) 826416393[/snapback]To early to worry about next year or who we might or might not have. I think that we have a post player that is 6'11' and a wing that is 6'9" that might be moving to Maryville this summer.

Might be moving there; give me a break, sure they are just moving there.......wink, wink. Now as far as the game; I am not a fan for either side so being completely objective here. The 3-OT game against Oakland highly contributed to the win for the Rebels; a majority of the shots from the field and at the free throw line were coming up short. That is clear evidence of fatigue; that combined w/ a much bigger and physically stronger Maryville team should have spelled disaster for Clarksville. However, they showed alot of heart and grit to make a ball game out of it. It was a shame they had to lose on a last second shot thrown up like that after such an effort. Not taking anything away from the Rebs; they are a great team who deserves to be the state champs. I also believe Clarksville is just as deserving even though they came up short.

QUOTE(Kevin38 @ Mar 18 2007 - 05:54 PM) 826416575[/snapback]Might be moving there; give me a break, sure they are just moving there.......wink, wink. Now as far as the game; I am not a fan for either side so being completely objective here. The 3-OT game against Oakland highly contributed to the win for the Rebels; a majority of the shots from the field and at the free throw line were coming up short. That is clear evidence of fatigue; that combined w/ a much bigger and physically stronger Maryville team should have spelled disaster for Clarksville. However, they showed alot of heart and grit to make a ball game out of it. It was a shame they had to lose on a last second shot thrown up like that after such an effort. Not taking anything away from the Rebs; they are a great team who deserves to be the state champs. I also believe Clarksville is just as deserving even though they came up short.

Following you around Kevin because your stupid posts are funny. I think you are right about CHS being tired. Maryville was fresh as a daisy being it was their third game in as many days. You think Maples was showing fatigue....reference free throw and three point shooting in which Tyler is generally deadly.

Very simply put Kevin CHS was NOT deserving, or "just as deserving" of the state championship because they LOST to Maryville......

Oh....on the post players...wink wink...it's a done deal. Maryville's starting lineup next year will go 6'11"...6'8"....6'8"....and Douglas as the team shrimp at 6'6". The point guard wil be 6'0" unless we can close the deal on this 6'6" sohpomore kid name Ervin "Magic" Johnson Jr.....

Oh....and for the Maryville fans this is just a joke but I completely expect Kevin to hook.....line....sinker this.

Maryville won, they where the better team on the night that it mattered, Bottom line Maryville has the gold ball and clarksville is left with nothing.

BTW anyone enjoy the Tennessee game today, it sure was fun watching it in person, now i just have to find an excuse to take Thursday through Sunday off.

QUOTE(MLREB @ Mar 18 2007 - 06:51 PM) 826416622[/snapback]

Following you around Kevin because your stupid posts are funny. I think you are right about CHS being tired. Maryville was fresh as a daisy being it was their third game in as many days. You think Maples was showing fatigue....reference free throw and three point shooting in which Tyler is generally deadly.

Very simply put Kevin CHS was NOT deserving, or "just as deserving" of the state championship because they LOST to Maryville......

Oh....on the post players...wink wink...it's a done deal. Maryville's starting lineup next year will go 6'11"...6'8"....6'8"....and Douglas as the team shrimp at 6'6". The point guard wil be 6'0" unless we can close the deal on this 6'6" sohpomore kid name Ervin "Magic" Johnson Jr.....

Oh....and for the Maryville fans this is just a joke but I completely expect Kevin to hook.....line....sinker this.

Wow; you really went on the offensive there didnt you. I gave an honest assessment of MY opinion, you or anyone else has every right to dissagree and that doesnt bother me one bit. By saying Clarksville was deserving I meant that they were capable of winning that game even though they lost it. When a game goes 2 OT's either team has a chance to win on any given night. Now as far as the kids moving there; I wasnt implying recruiting, just that if you make a comment like that on a forum like this the 1st thing people are going to think is they are recruiting. I should have been more clear on my point so that is my foul. Finally; please dont be so touchy on a forum like this. See how I reply w/o referring to you or your post as STUPID. Now please keep your composure and show a little more class and show me the same respect I show you when replying to your post. Just settle down bro; its not that big of a deal..... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />