17U Basketball

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was up this weekend with AAU tournament at Bishop Byrns High.The Memphis War eagles ended up playing the Memphis Grizzlies and won by 15 in the championship game.I personaly was looking forward to a more interesting tournament.Justin Blake, Leslie McDonald,and Hall seemed to be a little too much for the Mid-State Ballerz older boys and they are all 16yold.

The Y 17s never played the Ballerz 17's unfortunately during the weekend... They beat the Ballerz 2nd team...

And the score you have against the Ballerz 16s was the score the Y beat the Thunder on friday night. The Y 17s beat the Ballerz 16's 59-38, though it was just a 6 point game with just over 4:00 to go in the 4th... Also, the Ballerz 16s were missing 7 key players, including 2 starters who were the 2nd and 3rd leading scorers...

The Y has a very, very good team, but they are not all 2009 kids. Justin Blake is 08, as is Jason Jones, Murrell from White Station, and the starting PG from Mississippi...

The Y 17s are very, very good and deservedly the #1 17u team in the state, but just make sure you have the facts straight...

QUOTE(gomab2 @ Jun 5 2007 - 01:51 PM) 826471638[/snapback]The Y 17s never played the Ballerz 17's unfortunately during the weekend... They beat the Ballerz 2nd team...

And the score you have against the Ballerz 16s was the score the Y beat the Thunder on friday night. The Y 17s beat the Ballerz 16's 59-38, though it was just a 6 point game with just over 4:00 to go in the 4th... Also, the Ballerz 16s were missing 7 key players, including 2 starters who were the 2nd and 3rd leading scorers...

The Y has a very, very good team, but they are not all 2009 kids. Justin Blake is 08, as is Jason Jones, Murrell from White Station, and the starting PG from Mississippi...

The Y 17s are very, very good and deservedly the #1 17u team in the state, but just make sure you have the facts straight...

It probably wouldn't have mattered one way or the other. The Y would probably have beaten them with their top scorers in the game.

QUOTE(gomab2 @ Jun 5 2007 - 01:51 PM) 826471638[/snapback]The Y 17s never played the Ballerz 17's unfortunately during the weekend... They beat the Ballerz 2nd team...

The Ballerz were eliminated a never made to the championship game.As far as the 6 pt game, how did it turn into a 21 point game.Yes, Blake is 08' but we're talking about age (17U) not Class.SO LET'S CHECK ALL FACTS

QUOTE(clj @ Jun 6 2007 - 11:04 AM) 826472070[/snapback]Blake does play for the Y.

I work with clj and he is a relative of Justin's..CLJ takes Blake to a lot of tournaments and works him out several times a week here in Dyersburg..Clj took him to the tournament in Memphis this past weekend and called and gave me scores ....So..I would think he would know what team Blake plays for..Could be Blake's Dad..but I told him I wouldn't tell..!

QUOTE(mrbigster @ Jun 6 2007 - 01:03 PM) 826472138[/snapback]I work with clj and he is a relative of Justin's..CLJ takes Blake to a lot of tournaments and works him out several times a week here in Dyersburg..Clj took him to the tournament in Memphis this past weekend and called and gave me scores ....So..I would think he would know what team Blake plays for..Could be Blake's Dad..but I told him I wouldn't tell..!

dude i have seen with my own eyes blake plays for y

We all know Blake plays for the Y... The referenced post was from a long time ago lol, and if I'm not mistaken from someone in the Y program... But all the posts since then clearly give knowledge to the fact that Black plays with the Y...

And I'm not doubting the Y 17's would still be favored to beat the Ballerz 16's even with those 7 players back, but you'll soon see the new roster could be pretty darn good by mid to late july... And in the game, if you were actually there watching, a Y bucket, followed by a missed front end of 1 and 1 by Ballerz, followed by a Y 3, Ballerz turnover, and Y layup led to a very quick 13 point lead... and from there the Ballerz ran out of gas and it swelled to 21 in the final 3 minutes on missed ballerz 3's and Y breakaways... But of course if you were there watching the game, you would know that...

And as far as age goes, Class is a better indicator than age, because they will all be going to college at the same time...and if we are going just by age, then the Ballerz 16's have a few 15 year olds, including the only PG on the roster for the Memphis tourney, who is a class of 2010... However you want to look at it, the Ballerz 16s are younger than the YOMCA 17s...

And the Ballerz 17s definitely flopped during the weekend, no argument there...but still would have been great to see the matchup of Ballerz 17s vs Y 17s... Remember the Ballerz beat Georgia Blazers by 12 this year, the same team that went on to win Nike Memorial Day!! and Wallace Prather event in atlanta!! ...among others. In fact that's been the knock on this team all year is playing to the level of the competition. But of course there's a chance to see this matchup June 30, along with many other great matchups, if teams want to cooperate and match up to the competition...

In any case, why are we arguing any of this?? Y has a great team, great players, and a great program. They are the #1 team in the State right now. A Ballerz 17's and Y 17s game would be a lot of fun, and hopefully will happen. Oh, and Justin Blake plays for the Y /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(mrbigster @ Jun 6 2007 - 01:03 PM) 826472138[/snapback]I work with clj and he is a relative of Justin's..CLJ takes Blake to a lot of tournaments and works him out several times a week here in Dyersburg..Clj took him to the tournament in Memphis this past weekend and called and gave me scores ....So..I would think he would know what team Blake plays for..Could be Blake's Dad..but I told him I wouldn't tell..!

Dude..Maybe you need to read the posts and respond to the right one..bigyomca was the person that said Blake didn't play for the Y...The next post..CLJ responded and said that Blake did play for the Y..I wrote that clj should know because he is a relative and takes Justin to a lot of the tournaments and works out with him several times a week..So ..I said that clj should know that Justin plays for the Y..You need to read more carefully and respond to bigyomca..