Tootoo

The Tootoo train is being derailed by the NHL for his one punch knockout of Stephane Robidas. I was at the game, and while it was kind of stupid in the context of the game for him to go after Mike (Sacred) Moldano, Robidas came into the fray with his stick up and Jordin reacted and hit him before he could do any damage. Moldano went crazy going after Toots, hitting in the head with his stick. Of course, no penalty for Sacred. It all happened so quick, and there was no replay at the arena. Thoughts???

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Mar 20 2007 - 09:50 AM) 826418312[/snapback]The Tootoo train is being derailed by the NHL for his one punch knockout of Stephane Robidas. I was at the game, and while it was kind of stupid in the context of the game for him to go after Mike (Sacred) Moldano, Robidas came into the fray with his stick up and Jordin reacted and hit him before he could do any damage. Moldano went crazy going after Toots, hitting in the head with his stick. Of course, no penalty for Sacred. It all happened so quick, and there was no replay at the arena. Thoughts???

I was at the game..... Toots checked the sacred one legally....and he understood there would be re-percussions to his hit.... So he turns around to a charging Robidas , raises his gloved hand and knocks him out,,,,, LOL.... If there was no injury, it is just another play, Robidas gats a 3rd man in penalty and no harm.... but we had the injury...And madonna... he used his stick as a weapon.... Should at least get fined...But nothing at all....I actually thought Toots showed a lot of maturity for not decking madonna...because if I got hit with a stick, he would be wiping blood off his face.

Lesson.... if you charge Toots, he does not push, facewash, dance, or hold... he punches....So take your medicine like a man.

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Mar 21 2007 - 09:53 PM) 826419889[/snapback]Like to get the blood pressure up? Read this active message board on "War of Words" between Stars & Preds fans. Click on Yahoo Sports link

Stars_Preds continue war of words

It is the vogue in Dallss....Whether Jerry Jones, mark Cuban, or Lites.... They are all jerks.... The game on the 31st...I hope Nashville management chooses to do something for Modano then,,,,, And then watch Modano get Boo'd out of the stadium...Then Poile can go to the media and tell them "I told you so"..... Lites, I told you so....

QUOTE(dandy82 @ Mar 22 2007 - 10:01 AM) 826420205[/snapback]It is the vogue in Dallss....Whether Jerry Jones, mark Cuban, or Lites.... They are all jerks.... The game on the 31st...I hope Nashville management chooses to do something for Modano then,,,,, And then watch Modano get Boo'd out of the stadium...Then Poile can go to the media and tell them "I told you so"..... Lites, I told you so....

After announcing Modano, chug the FISH! Tossing the few big cats onto the ice would be a proper way of paying respect to Modano.

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Mar 24 2007 - 07:49 PM) 826421739[/snapback]After announcing Modano, chug the FISH! Tossing the few big cats onto the ice would be a proper way of paying respect to Modano.

That game against Dallas will also be the HDnet game of the night, in addition to the regular FSN sports coverage. Modano attempted to de fuse the situation somewhat,,,but it will not matter, he is gonna get Boo'd off the ice.....

I believe the Preds should recognize Modanos accomplishment this saturday...Gives us the opportunity to chant "and you still s uck".....LOL

QUOTE(Gerry Bertier @ Mar 25 2007 - 01:25 PM) 826422135[/snapback]Wow, I don't even want to say what I think about Dallas fans after reading that board of comments. I hope we meet up with Dallas in the playoffs so we can just put them out.

CoachT board is clean as a kitten compared to that board. A lot of hate from the Dallas Stars fans for not recognizing Modano. It seems a rivalry is beginning with the Stars. The interest level will be skyrocketing for Tootoo return for this game.

I've seen ten times worse than this that don't even get called. What I don't understand is why the NHL keeps refering to this as a "cheap shot". First off, Stephan Robidas has the reputation of a dirty player. And everyone (even the NHL) knew that he went after Toots with the intention of starting something. Robidas was looking right at him and Jordin right at him. They both knew there would be a scrap, so Robidas shouldn't have been suprised with that hit. Tootoo is a scrappy player that gets under everyone's skin. But he is in no way a dirty player. This is simply a case of reputation versus reputation.

Saturday's prom nite, so I won't be able to see the game, but definitely expecting some fireworks. I'm looking for Daley and Barch to get out there on Tootoo's first shift.