CYCLONE PITCHERS 2

DekeRivers

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bruno2 @ Mar 20 2007 - 02:54 PM) 826418676[/snapback]Mr Rivers, check your profile please, i left you 2 comments to read about the Babe Ruth deal, the other topic was locked for some reason, thanks

AND WHO ARE U, n

eed more info on you email,

trying to research it

thanks

you can reach me at 423-647-2711

SOUNDS TO ME LIKE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT INDIVIDUALS INSTEAD OF TEAM.COACH PAYNE HAS DONE MORE FOR MY SON THAN ANYONE EVER AT EHS, NOT ONLY ATHLETICLY BUT ACADEMICALY AND ABOUT BEING A YOUNG MAN WITH DREAMS AND GOALS.YOU GUYS NEED TO COME WATCH PRACTICE EVERY NOW AND THEN AND YOU WOULD KNOW WHY THEY DONT HIT,ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.MARLEY IS A GREAT KID AND HE IS GETTING OPPS AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO.THESE KIDS HAVE A CHANCE TO DO SOMETHING SPECIAL AND ALL YOU GUYS CAN DO IS CRITICIZE.THIS IS NOT BABE RUTH BASEBALL.AS TO THE GUYS WHO LEFT DID THEY WANT TO BE PART OF A TEAM OR ALL WORLD INDIVIDUALS,IM GUESSING THE LATTER AND I KNOW EXACTLY WHO THEY ARE.I WOULD RATHER MY SON COMPETE AT A HIGHER LEVEL TO ACHEIVE HIS DREAM.THIS IS A GOOD MAN SO GET WITH THE PROGRAM OR STAY IN THE BACK.GO CYCLONES!

QUOTE(GLee @ Mar 21 2007 - 07:46 AM) 826419236[/snapback]CY,

You are doing nothing but trying to start trouble because of the BR situation. I would have thought better?

Sad

Start Trouble??? You have got to be kidding!! All i am is requesting a place for the Jr. Babe to play, where it has since being moved to the field at the high school. If u will research u will see the field was but there for that reason.. New Director seems to think not but Grants were received for that field to be used by the babe Ruth.... My sons are out and I'm fading out, but a lot of memeriors are there and I would like to see the Babe Ruth continue at its present location. Only a few of you are wanted it stopped... As for Coach Payne, I havent said anything neg. about him or Mr. Alexander. Payne is probably the best I have ever seen, I only disagree with Pitchers not Batting... Just a disagreement like me and you are having on this Jr. Babe Ruth Field. I don't understand what you have against the Jr. Babe Ruth.

Well my interpretation on the matter, albeit probably doesnt amount to much, is that the coaches want the pitchers during the game to concentrate on pitching. I think all players should get a chance to hit, but if a particular kid is struggling with the bat and is pitching that game, then why put double pressure on him when struggles at the plate sometimes leads to mind games and struggles on the mound.

QUOTE(single7 @ Mar 21 2007 - 07:49 PM) 826419731[/snapback]they never get to hit ,they are not allowed to even take batting practice!

i know exactly how this feels cause im goin through it right now. there are these little things that get overlooked in all sports. its called "roles." i have accepted my role as a pitcher because this is the way my coach thinks i help the team. and that is my number one goal in baseball: HELP MY TEAM WIN!!!! if he wants me to fill up cups with water for my team i will do it to help my team. role players are the most underrated athletes in the world. for example, a setup man has one job to do to help his team win. get through usually one inning and allow no damage so you can get your closer in there the next inning to close the deal. another example and different sport special teams players for football. if those players dont do their roles its 6 points on one play. alot of football games are won on special teams.

bottom line, i love the great game of baseball and if my coach says that i get to play the game, big or small role, then i will bust my tail to do my job to help my team win!!!

and for the record, i dont get to take battin practice either!!!

Wow, I've never seen a high school coach with this kind of philosophy. I've seen defensive players DH ed for but never a whole group like pitchers. Most quality high school pitchers are very good athletes and I can't believe that they can't hit. Case in point, Class A Forrest last year had Mikey Minor. Left hander, good fastball, major league changeup. Drafted by the Devil Rays. Pitches for Vanderbilt. #1 college team in the nation right now. 3-0 as a true Freshman. Holds State Record for strikeouts in a 7 inning game at 21. Gave up one earned run his senior season. Batted over .450 with 17 homeruns on the 2006 Class A State Runner UP Forrest Rockets. This coach would not even know what his player is capable of.