CYCLONE PITCHERS 2

DekeRivers

As an outsider looking in.... I am amazed at the stupidity of some of these posts in this forum regarding the Cyclone Pitchers! I love the sport of baseball as much as anyone..... but I can no longer witness this chaos and nonsense without my input. First of all..... it is painfully apparent that there are some postings on here who are written with a biased attitude and opinion. It is hard to be impartial when your head is so far up the coach's rear that you cannot see the light of day......isn't it GLee? This is about a team of wonderful young men who are out there giving it their all every game.....the problem is.........the pitchers aren't allowed to give it their all........because they are being confined to ONLY pitching. If they have another talent or asset to add to the overall success of this team.....then what coach in their right mind would not allow each player to contribute to the team with all of their talents and abilities??? Obviously......the coach is in the position he is in for all the wrong reasons. A coach cannot hide that for long.......it becomes apparent to even outsiders who just want the boys to be treated fairly and given a chance to contribute whatever talents they have. The three seniors who are being referenced are obviously loved and appreciated for much more than their baseball talent. Their contributions in life will far out weigh anything they have ever contributed to this season's baseball team. The lesson they will take away from all of this is............ coaches have to earn respect just as much as the players do.......on and off the field. The three seniors have done a brilliant job.............the coach has not.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an outsider looking in.... I am amazed at the stupidity of some of these posts in this forum regarding the Cyclone Pitchers! I love the sport of baseball as much as anyone..... but I can no longer witness this chaos and nonsense without my input. First of all..... it is painfully apparent that there are some postings on here who are written with a biased attitude and opinion. It is hard to be impartial when your head is so far up the coach's rear that you cannot see the light of day......isn't it GLee?

tjad: Don't know if u know Glee or not but he is a great person who has learned many boys not only the game of baseball but basketball and football. He is a real talented coach who is also very competeive in all sports... And is currently helping all schools to get better first aid equipment in case of emergency. Not to mention a top notch TSSAA official

QUOTE(GLee @ Mar 22 2007 - 08:36 PM) 826420629[/snapback]TJAD,

You must be a child. You want to know why I like Coach Payne? He is a no BS kind of guy. I respect him as a person first, then as a coach. Head up his toe.......nahhhhh, I'm not that kind of man. Now get back studying and get those grades up /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Lord knows, you need it.

GLee.......

No child here.....grown adult with three degrees in education. I am glad that you decided to come out of that confined place you have positioned yourself (and we all know where that is......) and respond to my opinion regarding the pitching topic. As far as why you like Coach Payne.........no one cares in particular. We all know that you have your personal agenda regarding the athletic program and your relationship with the honorable Coach Payne will indeed continue in the current manner in which you have chosen to position yourself (and we all know where that is........) /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Now....the topic being discussed is the Cyclone pitchers....remember? Maybe when you can come out of that dark place and see the light of day you can discuss this topic with the player's in mind and not your own personal bias and opinion. Now you can crawl back up into the person that you respect first as a person and then as a coach. Pop out every once in a while and come see us some time. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

This has been a grand little debate by the educated and the uneducated. Everyone has an opinion and they are to be respected. Now it's time to support the Cyclones and their quest.

Game time for tonights home contest vs. JJ Kelly of Wise, VA. is 6P. Maybe we can continue any debate at that time if needed. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I'd love to see you all come down and support the team. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(tjad @ Mar 23 2007 - 09:44 AM) 826420903[/snapback]GLee.......

No child here.....grown adult with three degrees in masturbation. I am glad I learned this! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

This tjad, what a jerk. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I just wish we would have had a chance to take on the Cyclones in the regular season. We certainly needed an opportunity to atone for the spanking you gave us preseason.

Each coach has his own philosophy and it is hard to go against someone with Payne's experience and success. Success at the vey top of the collegiate level (National Championship Winner) and success in his first year at Cow Town. Some people would complain if they won state??

GO TOPPERS!!!

Just been hanging around ready all the propaganda. Time to speak my mind. Bleacher coaches are a dime-a-dozen... sounds like we have alot of them at E-town. The problem with coach Payne is that he won't bend down and play some kids (pitcher or not) because of who you are, or think you are. When has it been about pitchers... it's about a team, a concept many of you fail to comprehend. It's about playing the best kids you have now... not living in the past. Kids mature, and kids fall by the wayside. I have a unique idea. Why not pull together and support THE COACH... THE DECISION MAKER... and quit sending mixed signals to the kids. If you are trying to ruin a good thing, keep it up. Your success will cost these kids any chance they have at being their best. Since when was it about us anyway. Time to stop living in the lives of our kids.

I think most of you idiots haven't figured out that the reason these guys aren't hitting isn't because they are pitchers...Maybe it's because they can't hit their weight...Why are we talking about Cody Marley, who had 2 hits in the 7th inning of today's come from behind win down 7-2 in the 7th? We won tonight 8-7 by the way... Josh Hutchins, who I wouldn't hesitate to say is one of the top closer's in east Tenn. throws submarine and in the low 80's, may be the most valuable pitcher on the team, and he starts every game in right field...Chris Dunbar get's at bats, and he's a top pitcher. So maybe we're missing something here...Maybe these kids aren't hitting because they are not good enough to hit? Maybe these kids enjoy their role now, considering them focusing on pitching will help them when they get to the college game. Why are we complaining about a team who is 6-2, first in the Watauga Conference, and coming off of a 26-8 season? They did get their chance to hit in the fall of their junior year, too. I happen to know that one of these guys went 1-18 and the other 2 were just under or over .300. Hard to put guys in like that in the game over guys that are currently hitting over .400 for the Cyclones this year. Let's just stop posting on this because if these 3 seniors could hit their weight for the Cyclones, they would do so.