catchers interfernce...

riverdaleman

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Mar 20 2007 - 10:23 PM) 826418989[/snapback]how does that go donw in the books is it an error also how does the at bat count toward the batter'

thank you in advance

In High School baseball, NFHS rules call it 'Catcher Obstruction' - and yes, it is scored E-2 and

counts as an at-bat just like the batter had bunted the ball and the catcher mis-handled the bunt.

Umpire question - what if a runner in on second base and he breaks for third and the

catcher is called for obstruction with the batter - does the runner get 3rd base?

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ Mar 20 2007 - 09:34 PM) 826419000[/snapback]In High School baseball, NFHS rules call it 'Catcher Obstruction' - and yes, it is scored E-2 and

counts as an at-bat just like the batter had bunted the ball and the catcher mis-handled the bunt.

Umpire question - what if a runner in on second base and he breaks for third and the

catcher is called for obstruction with the batter - does the runner get 3rd base?

alright..umpire ruling...the batter is awarded first base unless he and all other runners advancce safely...ANYRUNNER ATTEMPTING TO ADVANCE (I.E.STEAL OR SQUEEZE)SHALL BE AWARDED THE BASE HE IS ATTEMPTING...rule8-1-1e

QUOTE(putboobieincoach @ Mar 20 2007 - 10:39 PM) 826419008[/snapback]correct me if im wrong but if a batter hits the catchers mit and the ball and the ball stays fair its a live ball right???

I know the answer - any umpires out there want to answer this one? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ Mar 20 2007 - 10:08 PM) 826419033[/snapback]I know the answer - any umpires out there want to answer this one? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i gave the ruling in the above post...it is live and if all the batter and all runners advance safely then nothing is called

so david..does the batter have a 0-1 day right there

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Mar 20 2007 - 11:10 PM) 826419035[/snapback]i gave the ruling in the above post...it is live and if all the batter and all runners advance safely then nothing is called

so david..does the batter have a 0-1 day right there

It does not have to be if all runners advance safely. If the ball is pu in play the umpire is supposed to let the play happen and then the coach gets his choice of the play or the the obstruction. That usually means if all runners advance safely but if the kid hits a sac fly to win the game on an obstruction then I will take the sac fly instead of runners on the corners.

QUOTE(bigtuck4242 @ Mar 21 2007 - 07:31 AM) 826419164[/snapback]Answer this question guys.

IF a batter is hit by a pitch but is called out due to the ump judging he leaned into it. How do u score that?

Thanks for any answers.

The only way the umpire can call him "out" on this is if he rules the pitch was in the strike zone with two strikes, thereby being a strikeout. Any other scenario and the pitch is simply a ball or strike - he cannot be called out on that.

QUOTE(columbiaguy @ Mar 21 2007 - 07:06 AM) 826419193[/snapback]It does not have to be if all runners advance safely. If the ball is pu in play the umpire is supposed to let the play happen and then the coach gets his choice of the play or the the obstruction. That usually means if all runners advance safely but if the kid hits a sac fly to win the game on an obstruction then I will take the sac fly instead of runners on the corners.

i read the rule right out of the rule book the batter shall be awarded first base UNLESS all other runners advanced one base on the play 8-1-1e