3200 predictions

gphstrack

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AEtheridge @ Mar 21 2007 - 09:17 AM) 826419199[/snapback]In Section 1 AAA, I'll put my money on Stuart Chandler and Maclean O'Donnell at the front. Other possibilities: Tom Gilmartin , Josh Vazquez, Emerson Peacock, Ben Shassere. There are surely others, as well. I don't think Sonnenfeldt will run it.

I definitely agree with your top picks. You have to be scared of Gilmartin and Vasquez. I would love to see Sonnenfeldt run it, but my gut instinct says he won't.

Something like a 4:35 in a small meet.

My darkhorse in A/AA is easily Brandon Mahaney of Macon County. He finished a close second (and by close I mean 9-11 seconds) at state and the two mile is his better event (correct me if I'm wrong).

Question, anyone know if there is a 5000m race at the Vol Classic? That's something I'll be interested in.

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Mar 25 2007 - 02:03 PM) 826422117[/snapback]Something like a 4:35 in a small meet.

My darkhorse in A/AA is easily Brandon Mahaney of Macon County. He finished a close second (and by close I mean 9-11 seconds) at state and the two mile is his better event (correct me if I'm wrong).

Question, anyone know if there is a 5000m race at the Vol Classic? That's something I'll be interested in.

mahaney is a beast. i think he has a viable shot, as does gideon wilson from catholic. i think he ran around a 10:04 indoor this year and he was one of the kids that really impressed me during cc season.

there wasn't a 5000 race last year at vol classic, but it may be added due to the national attention. either way, you should run the meet. last year it was the first meet clabo ran a sub 10 3200 and he pr'ed in the 1600, despite both being on the same day due to thunderstorms on friday. the competition is great and the meet is a whole lot of fun to watch. plus, you get to say you ran on ut's track.

QUOTE(gphstrack @ Mar 25 2007 - 07:02 PM) 826422336[/snapback]mahaney is a beast. i think he has a viable shot, as does gideon wilson from catholic. i think he ran around a 10:04 indoor this year and he was one of the kids that really impressed me during cc season.

there wasn't a 5000 race last year at vol classic, but it may be added due to the national attention. either way, you should run the meet. last year it was the first meet clabo ran a sub 10 3200 and he pr'ed in the 1600, despite both being on the same day due to thunderstorms on friday. the competition is great and the meet is a whole lot of fun to watch. plus, you get to say you ran on ut's track.

I remember seeing Wilson's 10:04. But wasn't it a 3000? Thats what the results said.

either way that's still a good time. thanks for the recognition guys /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />. i'm waiting on conig to bust out a huge pr soon. i think gideon has a legitimate shot with already running a 4:40. bryson, gideon, and clabo are in the mix. i think conig can get in there.,and ryan johnson from DL.

QUOTE(mahaney @ Mar 25 2007 - 08:39 PM) 826422399[/snapback]either way that's still a good time. thanks for the recognition guys /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />. i'm waiting on conig to bust out a huge pr soon. i think gideon has a legitimate shot with already running a 4:40. bryson, gideon, and clabo are in the mix. i think conig can get in there.,and ryan johnson from DL.

clabo ran a 4:34 last week. he has been a little under the weather lately, but i expect a good performance at the character games this weekend. i think conig is going to lay low all season and then rock our socks off at sectionals. mahaney, please dominate at sectionals...i'm sick of the dl kids talking smack.