Tyner Boys Basketball Program

1 hour ago, Rams6750 said:

It was hard playing for Coach Thompson and having Dillard still at the school telling you different from what ur head coach was teaching. Coach Dillard had alot of talent on those teams 97-99  that he didnt develop. He picked two guys (Long and Dickerson) and focused on them and neglected the other players that were talented. 

Different kind of coach than Dillard man. Yes I would probably say he left because of Dillard's conniving. I don't think he would have left his young boys he developed otherwise. It was a difficult situation for the man but Jimmy D was a legend at Tyner. Hard to overcome.

Edited by Rade Butcher

On 3/19/2022 at 2:18 PM, Rade Butcher said:

Different kind of coach than Dillard man. Yes I would probably say he left because of Dillard's conniving. I don't think he would have left his young boys he developed otherwise. It was a difficult situation for the man but Jimmy D was a legend at Tyner. Hard to overcome.

We in Carthage,TN wish Coach Steve "Big Daddy" Thompson had stayed on forever. He was greatly respected and loved.